or Connect

Posts by nht

You're a concern troll carping about everything from how the watch is bad, the phone is bad, Cook is bad, etc. 10M is actually a good estimate for 12 months of sales.  Somewhere between 10-15M is probably the goal given 1% of the watch market is 12M watches.  Apple will have paid for the expensive market analysis of breakdown but the $300-$400 electronic and quartz watch market is going to get dominated by the Apple watch.  Few other watches will have the fit and finish...
 Imagine my surprise that yet another european that doesn't believe that 4K content or sufficient internet infrastructure exists (because their country doesn't have it...even though people are already watching 4K content on netflix) disagrees with me. Ask the Japanese and Koreans and see if they think the infrastructure exists. And funny how when the same folks that promote good sound (THX/Skywalker) also state that 40 degrees horizontal viewing angle is important for...
 I got mine as a walk-in a week or so ago.  The store near me has gotten a couple shipments in but I guess even these could end since they are launching elsewhere. Presumably you could use your AT&T check today and just get your phone whenever it gets here.  Or you could try to get one at your AT&T store.
 The purpose of including the test is to show that the "you can't see any difference beyond X feet because the eye cannot resolve any differences" is untrue from both a scientific perspective (as shown in the charts) and a real world example where normal people COULD detect a difference at normal seating distances. That is my only "interpretation" of the test.  And 2% failure is fine to refute the assertion that the human eye cannot discern differences at reasonable...
Lol. Go argue with THX and SMPTE that they don't know what they are talking about.
The effects of viewing angle on immersion are shown by studies performed by NHK, SMPTE and THX.The specs are industry standard as specified by SMPTE (EG-18-1994) and THX for theater design.You can call them meaningless but it only makes you ignorant.Edit: good writing and acting can lead you to be engrossed in a show or film but because the image size is small you will not feel immersed into that moment as if you were there because it doesn't fill you field of view as...
 Immersion is a function of resolution and horizontal field of view.  There needs to be sufficient resolution to not see digital artifacts and there needs to be sufficiently large field of view to provide immersion (aka the feeling of being there). THX recommendation is 40 degree horizontal viewing angle for that middle row of seats.  HDTV can offer only 30 degrees HVA.
 When you go to a movie theater do you sit in the middle or all the way in the back row?   That's the improvement between 1080p HDTV and 4k UHDTV.
 The lack of high speed internet in the UK doesn't mean that 4K won't happen elsewhere before 2 generations go by.  That the UK is a small country with a large portion of the population in urban areas that you don't have 25+ mbps internet is a "shame on you" kind of thing rather than a technology problem.  If comcast can manage it anyone can.  From $100-135/month you can get 12-15 Mbps from ViaSat or Hughes.  Sorry, US only since they use geo sats and spot beams. If you...
 US, Japan, etc. https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444  So what?  The assertion that content or infrastructure doesn't exist for another 2 generations is clearly a false statement even if Europeans are even further behind than the US.  The "majority" of people don't have HDTV or 1080p material either.  I guarantee you that a rich person almost anywhere can get 25 mbps downlink internet.  It depends on how close you sit.  In any case a motorized 106" screen can be had for...