or Connect

Posts by nht

It's a mid-2010 2.53 Ghz Core i5 with the GT330M purchased just before the early 2011's came out.  My refresh was delayed a couple months and my new retina MBP is coming in the next couple days.  Technically my laptop was 3.2 years old went the order for a new one went out.  There was some snafu with Mavericks integration with some enterprise software so all mac refreshes were on hold for a while. In comparison to the 2.0 Ghz Core i7 2011's the HD5000 is faster than...
 The i3 is still faster than ARM and one would hope AMD would be faster.  I think you have that sentence backwards.  The A7 (2564 64 bit multicore) is still slower than the Intel Core i3-3217U (3095 64 bit multicore) and on par with the Pentium (2564) and Celeron 2955 (2387). http://www.computingcompendium.com/p/arm-vs-intel-benchmarks.html Note that the i3-3217U is an under clocked ivy bridge ULV processor from June 2012, not a desktop part.  The Celeron 2955U is a...
 1) bullshit2) the current MBA is faster than many MBP still in service. My MBP for work is about to be replaced but it's 3 years old and the 11" Core i7 2013 MBA is faster than it in terms of both CPU and GPU.
 It strikes me as unlikely that the iMac ASP is lower than $1350.  It strikes me as unlikely that the iMac ASP is as low as $1350 given all the upsell (memory, sad, etc).  In the quantities that Apple buys?  It was used in the MBP 13" as well. $225 is the base price before volume discounts.
 Because a April 2014 model replacing a June 2013 model is just "clearing the line" for a machine you expect early-2015?   These are only "clearing the line" if you expect a retina MBA announcement at the 2014 WWDC and not sometime in 2015 early or late.
 A $1300 desktop ASP indicates mostly cheap desktops not higher model desktops.  $1299 was the base price for an iMac.  For ASPs to be $1300 that means there must be many minis sold to offset every iMac above the base model and all mac pros.  Math is slightly wrong. 1.3M desktops assuming 75-25 split from 5.2M.  Assuming that 840K number that's 460K between mini and pro.  If you assume 160K for Mac Pros to get a nice 300K round number that's still double your 150K...
 Except run windows.Or Java.Or PixelmatorOr drive my 29" display at 2560 x 1080Or XCodeOr connect to my RAID arrayOr connect via EthernetOr run Steam and my steam gamesOr run FCPOr a gazillion other things that I won't bother listing.
 The same way Apple cashes in on the premium phone market in China.  And if Apple only sells 10M phablets per year like Samsung did with the Note 3 that's still $6.5B in revenue AND it's a FAR better alternative for Apple than a $529 16GB iPad mini 4G sale + someone else's feature phone. And a 5.5" iPhone should be a little cheaper to make than a 7.9" iPad Mini.  And $650 is the base price of the 5S.  I could see them charging $750 for the 5.5" iPhone 6. The fact that low...
 Citation needed.  If this is true why does the mini consistently sell more on Amazon than the iMac?  150 strikes me as low. http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Desktop/zgbs/pc/565098
 No, internet tv is very big in china and for their overseas expats.  My wife spends the majority of her iPhone screen time watching chinese TV via internet.  That's with owning an iPad as well.  A larger screen would be good for that as well as the keyboard. iOS trumps screen size but that doesn't mean a larger screen wouldn't be a major improvement.  Especially given that she keeps her phone in her purse anyway.  A mini is still a bit large for her smallest purse but a...