or Connect

Posts by nht

The collaboration was vastly reduced for the A7.The Exynos 5433 SoC is a 64 bit SoC.
Often some will get cut but many just get a new badge.
 Who?  Intel, GF, TSMC, Apple. Did Samsung let other parts know about the 64bitness of the A7?  They may not have known since they were shut out of development by Apple for earlier stealing.  That go around all they probably got was the multi-layer design for the lithography machines and little more.
 The perfectly reasonable "I have no clue about this subject except for this one "fact" that is wrong and I can't be bothered to spend 10 seconds to look it up on this thing we call the internet which everyone knows I have because I posted this on a forum"? Please.  The one "fact" was another dig against poor neolithic Americans without (flawed) NFC systems and public schools that don't start till kids are 6 years old.   His follow up question was the same "but is it free...
 If Samsung leaves the US then someone else will buy the fab. Samsung is not a reliable supplier because they steal the IP being developed for the client and this has had a negative impact on US companies.
 Is it really easier to ask than to simply go to wikipedia and find out?  The official education system varies a bit from state to state but is called "K-12" or Kindergarden through 12th grade.  It's the public school system and free. Do you have a point to make?
You don't know any facts as this is untrue. Kindergarden starts age 5 and many districts provide preschool for age 4
 There's only rumors at this point (and too many of those are from DigiTimes) that Samsung and GF has the A9 at 14nm. Samsung had promised 20nm in the first half of 2013 and didn't deliver.  14nm in 2015 strikes me as iffy for full rate production in the numbers Apple and Qualcomm wants.  
Obviously Samsung knew they didn't get the A8. I guess they are hoping that TSMC has issues like they have in the past and Apple has to return for the next process node hop.
Yah"Latest news from @Chipworks: The A8 processor was fabricated at TSMC and uses a 20 nm CMOS manufacturing process."https://mobile.twitter.com/ifixit/status/513035449913593856