or Connect

Posts by nht

http://www.amazon.com/Wahoo-Fitness-Heart-Strap-iPhone/dp/B006NZH0TU   http://www.amazon.com/60beat-BLUE-Heart-Monitor-iPhone/dp/B0096DM3ES/ref=pd_sbs_sg_4   I think the Nike Fuel is pretty neat but it's not a heart rate monitor...not sure you can reliably from that kind of loose, comfortable, wrist device.
  The implication was clear that you believed that there was no way to strengthen patents except by making them more defensible.  Given that you can add claims to target products already infringing this is untrue.  You can indeed offensively strengthen claims during re-examination and it is a risk to request reexamination.  Not to mention that simply surviving reexaminations strengthens a patent in itself.   Yes, you can't expand the patent to cover something not...
  The ability to cripple Apple for a couple of key quarters is probably worth any damages awarded and reputation hit if the situation warrants it.  It's simply a business decision.  The question is whether or not they can really cripple Apple or just annoy it with a short term hit.   No one can say either way whether or not Samsung leadership believes the repercussions are worth the effect or how well they believe they can mitigate any negative outcome for...
  1) Samsung is using more and more capacity internally. 2) Qualcomm is perennially hurting for capacity and competing with Apple and others for fab capacity.  3) TI dropped out of the mobile processor market.   I don't believe that Samsung will be left with overcapacity.  I do believe that they won't see the same level of growth and end up with stronger competitors as a result.  Still, it's a win for Samsung given that the handset market is the more profitable of the two.
    Clicking on provided links before writing stupid things is often a good idea.  If you'd like to refute David Bailey on this point, feel free but this is going to be a hard one to do:  
  This isn't true given you can sideload on the Kindle.  Plus most android devices can buy from the Amazon app store although there's a minor amount of hoop jumping to get the appstore app loaded (need to download the apk and sideload...pretty minor).  Worthwhile for some of the Amazon app deals.   I recall that Amazon paid for some Kindle exclusives for launch but I don't think they've done a lot of that since then.   It is true that the Kindle Fire is less benefit to...
  13% of ex-parte reexaminations result in the patent being ruled invalid.  47% of inter-partes examinations result in the patent being ruled invalid.  Of the ones that survive 40% have claim adjustments.   http://kppb.com/kppb/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79&catid=3&Itemid=29   Interestingly this is an ex-parte examination and not inter-partes as I would have expected.  So the odds are higher that the patents will survive in some form...and might end up...
  LOL, it never ceases to amuse me how you can blithely reject reality because you don't like it.   Yes, classic DSL is dying.  Subscriber numbers are down.  Yes, classic DSL speeds are slow in comparison to cable broadband.  5-8 Mbps ADSL/ADSL2+ is about as fast as you can expect and only if you're within a few miles (18,000 ft) of the CO.  And while the bandwidth isn't "shared" if there are too many other DSL subscribers in your cable bundle you will suffer reduced...
1: IDC forecasting record is probably worse than digitimes. Just look at their mobile predictions for the last dozen qtrs 2: forecasting based on q3 2012 is idiotic given iPad sales tanked due to iPad mini rumors. This can easily be seen using q2 2012 numbers: Golly gosh batman...68% share. Want to bet q4 looks more like q2 than q3? Also look at the shipment numbers. They went from 17M in q2 to 14M in q3. Any analyst using q3 numbers for long term forecasting or...
    Modern China is 101 years old (Dec 29, 1911) counting back to the establishment of the Republic of China or perhaps 100.9 years old if you want to count from when the last Qing Emperor abdicated (Feb 12, 1912).  If you date from the rise of Communist China then you start from October 1, 1949.   Even if you generously interpret "few hundred" as 200 years they have bit of time left before being "overdue".       We never invaded England or France but we sure ended their...