or Connect

Posts by nht

Yang Jisheng (杨继绳) is a right winger?  Mao wasn't responsible for the Great Leap Forward?  He didn't get demoted for it?  He didn't get back at Zhou, Deng and Liu and other moderates who took over via the Cultural Revolution?  Liu died in detention camp, Deng ended up in reeducation, and Zhou caved and survived barely.  Never heard of the first Tiananmen where folks honored Zhou and criticized Mao and the Great Leap?  I guess for you Deng is right winger too....
  I think you are the first person in the thread to get his criticism.     Kay gets that the multi-touch interface on the iPad is easier to learn.  His fear is that like speaking is easier to do than reading and writing that the iPad is a step backwards in terms of capability, especially in the context of symmetric authoring and consumption.   I think he's wrong about that and your example of minecraft is spot on.  Etoy's implementation may not pass muster for the app...
  We supported China against Japan.  We poorly supported CKS against Mao (that could have been better*) but supported Taiwan against the PRC.   The PRC has killed thousands of Americans in Korea.   The Chinese Exclusion Act was terrible.  So was slavery.  So was Japanese internment in WWII.  So was the slaughter of native americans.  Is there a defense for these?  Sure, we try hard not to repeat them.  Asking us to defend these is like asking Chinese to defend the...
  Bullshit.  I just posted 3-4 metal signs in China from a 2 second google.  Folks who believe and repeat racist bullshit without even the vaguest fact check deserve to be ridiculed.
  When I lived in NY we had metal bars and the perimeter wall had broken glass mortared into it to deter thieves from climbing over.  And an alarm system.  And metal doors and metal gates.   /shrug   Crime exists in big cities.  Unless you're out in a rural area the population density is the driver for higher crime rates.     Looks metallic to me.  Shanghai.     Another in Shanghai     Signs in Beijing       And another.   I call bullshit on signs.   As far as...
It was a very deft move and likely garnered Apple a lot of good will within the CCP.  The party had egg on it's face after the tweet debacle and Apple's letter allows the state media to claim victory and save face.
  The problem is harder.  Imagine you have 4 android devices which all make changes to contacts.  1 deletes it.  The other decides to change the addresses.  Another changes the address to a different address.  One renames the contact to something else.  They all happen around the same time offline but now you have 4 object trees with conflicting results in them.   Now sync in a matter that makes sense to the user so they don't "lose" data despite the fact they just told...
  There's nothing wrong with CoreData.  It's robust.  It's iCloud synching of objects within CoreData that appears problematic.    First, not all apps use CoreData.  Simpler apps might not.  Some apps that need more complex object persistence and retrieval will opt to use a database directly rather than through the Core Data through something like FMDB.  The apps that don't hit the DB directly but have complex object mappings appear to me to be the problematic use cases...
  If you're going to use this metric then don't be surprised if someone does the same to you the next time you cry Android fragmentation.   However:   "So, it finally happened. The worst case scenario for any independent iPhone developer occurred. Several users are reporting complete data loss after upgrading my app. iCloud Core Data sync is not working. My users are using this app partially to run their businesses. This is a truly catastrophic failure."   (emphasis by...
  No, when I said Disney Animation I meant Disney Animation, and yes, that is a specific portion/studio of Disney and yes, that ignores the other parts/studios of Disney including Pixar.   There are not 26 sequels if you count direct to video (there are more) and you obviously did no work or you'd simply provide a link which is a lot simpler and more definitive than evading when asked to put up or shut up.   You made the claim of 26 I made the claim of 3 and named all...