or Connect

Posts by nht

For content creation until intelligent agents which were part of the concept yes.  Even past that.   For symmetric content consumption and creation, yes.   His point is that learning a legacy input model has significant value because it provides a richer interaction model than just touch.  This is why pen input has value as well.  Content creation is aided with these input mechanism we have developed over time.  Just like why artists use pencils, brushes, etc and not...
  They initiated the Great Leap Forward to advance communist ideals and eliminate capitalism.  This was a bad idea.   Why were they in desperate need of food?  Because of population policy that pushed population growth and the prior 5 year plan not working well.       And the average post-1949 was 6 kids.  And those kids were less likely to die.  And that was with the encouragement from Mao.   You called me a liar and here you are with your own family history showing half...
How do geniuses know he hasn't? Or hasn't given other interviews with more insight? A quick google provides this:http://m.tomshardware.com/news/alan-kay-steve-jobs-ipad-iphone,10209.html"I asked Kay, of course, whether he felt that Jobs had stolen the idea for the iPad. Kay quickly denied such a thought. He actually enjoys the success Jobs has with this product and said credit has been given to all parties involved.“I have been given proper credit for my research and so...
Criticism? From whom? Ignorant forum posters? Why bother.
  Perhaps, but not the portions of Blink that support server side extensions for Chrome web apps.  
  It's in that post.  The problem isn't V8 or Blink itself as technologies any more than Dalvik is a problem as a technology.  It's Google's strategic need to make sure they can't get cut out of the loop and the way to do that is to extend V8 and Blink and Chrome so that the client side stuff is open but it AND the standards are tailored for Google's back end services.   Forking WebKit is simply one of many precursors to making this happen just like forking Java was for...
  The example isn't V8.    The example is Java.   Google embraced the Java syntax and API Google extended it with the Dalvik VM and Android specific APIs. Google extinguished Java ME.   Now the objective for Android was an ecosystem where Google couldn't get cut out.  After China and Amazon Google could plainly see how Android has failed in this regard.  With Facebook it will be even more obvious.   For HTML5 and Javascript you can see how this pattern can be...
Yes. China was in constant unrest and war thru this period. Millions died and so they obviously did not have children. Millions more were displaced and had fewer children. It's hard to run with little kids and babies. Men were away fighting.You are ignorant of the suffering of the Chinese people during this period. Ask your elders that are still alive. They will be in their 90s though. Most are gone now. Ask the ones alive during WWII how many kids they had in this...
  Well sure...coordinating is a pain in the rear and having code for functionality you don't want leads to increased bloat and bugs.  With your own dev team and your own codebase you don't need to get consensus on design, features or schedule.  You optimize for what you need and want.   If you were going to invest a lot of money on devs anyway, total control is the way to go.   What is the downside?   Idiots who see this as a good thing for WebKit and the web simply...
  Yang Jisheng (杨继绳) is a right winger?  Mao wasn't responsible for the Great Leap Forward?  He didn't get demoted for it?  He didn't get back at Zhou, Deng and Liu and other moderates who took over via the Cultural Revolution?  Liu died in detention camp, Deng ended up in reeducation, and Zhou caved and survived barely.  Never heard of the first Tiananmen where folks honored Zhou and criticized Mao and the Great Leap?  I guess for you Deng is right winger too....