or Connect

Posts by nht

It was a very deft move and likely garnered Apple a lot of good will within the CCP.  The party had egg on it's face after the tweet debacle and Apple's letter allows the state media to claim victory and save face.
  The problem is harder.  Imagine you have 4 android devices which all make changes to contacts.  1 deletes it.  The other decides to change the addresses.  Another changes the address to a different address.  One renames the contact to something else.  They all happen around the same time offline but now you have 4 object trees with conflicting results in them.   Now sync in a matter that makes sense to the user so they don't "lose" data despite the fact they just told...
  There's nothing wrong with CoreData.  It's robust.  It's iCloud synching of objects within CoreData that appears problematic.    First, not all apps use CoreData.  Simpler apps might not.  Some apps that need more complex object persistence and retrieval will opt to use a database directly rather than through the Core Data through something like FMDB.  The apps that don't hit the DB directly but have complex object mappings appear to me to be the problematic use cases...
  If you're going to use this metric then don't be surprised if someone does the same to you the next time you cry Android fragmentation.   However:   "So, it finally happened. The worst case scenario for any independent iPhone developer occurred. Several users are reporting complete data loss after upgrading my app. iCloud Core Data sync is not working. My users are using this app partially to run their businesses. This is a truly catastrophic failure."   (emphasis by...
  No, when I said Disney Animation I meant Disney Animation, and yes, that is a specific portion/studio of Disney and yes, that ignores the other parts/studios of Disney including Pixar.   There are not 26 sequels if you count direct to video (there are more) and you obviously did no work or you'd simply provide a link which is a lot simpler and more definitive than evading when asked to put up or shut up.   You made the claim of 26 I made the claim of 3 and named all...
  Any public domain stories remain public domain.  Disney cannot claim copyright (infinite or otherwise) on the original works now passed into public domain.  So the answer would be zero.   As to how many are based on fairy tales or other literary works in the public domain?  Quite a few.  But any animation studio is allowed to do the same story or same characters with a different take.  Visual design and music created by Disney will be protected.  Hence Pinocchio...
  Absolutely not.  You attempted to prove my statement wrong with a drive by posting of zero merit with a number with no source.   You said 26 sequels.  Name them 26 feature sequels from Disney Animation.  This isn't hard, nor tricky nor arbitrary.  You called me on a specific assertion using a specific number.    The fact is that if you count direct to video there are many more than 26.  If you do not and count only those from Disney Animation theatrical releases there...
  They has someone speak the same lines until they cut away.  The first few lines are generic enough to apply to any of Apple's iOS products.  I'm sure someone will find the right clip soon enough.
  Folks say that a lot but show no proof that the audiences are actually largely different.   http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/ESA_EF_2012.pdf   Given that:     The average US Household owns at least one dedicated game console, PC or smartphone    AND   49% of US Households own a dedicated console and those that do own an average of 2   AND   the statistic that of the households that own a dedicated game console, PC or smartphone 70% play games on their consoles, 65% on...
  No, relevant ones to the position that Disney can't come up with original movies but rehash the same old franchises like Nintendo does with Mario and Zelda.  In any case my statement was: Hell, Pixar had done more feature sequels than Disney Animation.   So name 26 feature sequels from Disney Animation (Studio).   Besides, 26 seems too small a number when you count direct to video titles from other Disney studios like DisneyToon and Disney TV Animation (there are like 5...