or Connect

Posts by nht

LOL...you're all upset because he replace "conclusion" with "explanation"?   Really?     Fine...you wrote "I don't see any other conclusion".   LOL...man that's hilarious.     "I don't see any other conclusion" is equally assertive as "I don't see any other explanation".     Unless the presumption is that the declarant is an idiot (probably not an assumption you prefer) then the statement "I don't see" presumes some level of intelligence on the part of the person making...
  Well, I find it really funny that you can't see how  "I don't see any other conclusion" is equivalent to "I don't see any other explanation".   In fact he's been arguing that your perception (or lack thereof) is wrong this entire time does not mean you haven't claimed that you did not think there was any other conclusion.  Which is a pretty dumb assed statement to make in the first place.   I'll let you in on a little secret:  Your command of conditional qualifiers...
Oh by the way...going from 27nm to 21nm doesn't actually double your NAND density...
  The full context is that you wrote in response to this statement:   "Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like they have cut SSD prices across the board.  For all MBPs and MBAs."   "If that's the case then I don't see any other conclusion than the are now using a smaller node process to double the NAND density."   So the full statement is:   If they have cut SSD prices across the board then I don't see any other conclusion than they are now using a smaller...
  Yes.  It's a smart strategy for Apple but it does mean to be an early adopter you over pay.  That's always to case for an early adopter so arguing that this isn't happening is silly.     The 13" MBPr was simply not that great a value and the lack of a discrete GPU makes it not as "Pro" as it should be in comparison to the MBA.   I'd gladly pay $1,999 for a 13" MBPr 2.9 Ghz dual core i7 with a GT640M.  That puts it below the base 15" MBPr in performance and not far below...
  By definition 1920x1080 is "retina-grade" display IF you sit at the recommended viewing distance for HDTVs.  For a 13" diagonal screen 16:9 screen that means no closer than 1.69 feet in order to meet the 60 pixels per degree standard for "retina" displays.   The reason that HDTVs are looking at 4K is because 1080 replicates the view from the FURTHEST seat in the theater and most folks (for theater anyway) prefer to sit closer and with ever larger screens available it's...
  The only things which matters is whether corporate interests are aligned with open source.  If they are then resources flow.  When it does not you have a gimped dev team of two and a half men.   Webkit was an Apple fork refactored to meet Apple's needs and Apple goals and what could be released under BSD was done so rather than LGPL to make it corporate friendly for reuse (everything but webcore and javascriptcore).   Back in the day I remember one of the original KDE...
  Only technically inaccurate when taken out of context.   Out of context then even upgrade sales of OSX to existing mac owners are also not associated with new device sales.  There's a hell of a lot more of that than there are hackintoshes.
So I got this email earlier this week about how I should show up yesterday to protest Maryland's idiotic proposed gun control law because I belong to a shooting club.   But it's worded (slight paraphrase here because I don't have it open) "Join us to show you are against ANY new gun control laws".   Which I'm not.  I'm just against stupid ones.  There are some stupid provisions in SB281 but there are quite a few that make sense:   Prohibiting people with...
  It's completely factual in the context of the discussion of the numbers presented in the article.  It's like folks discussing the Super Bowl game and Slurpy stating:   "And what's more amazing that every single throw to XXX is caught even when completely smothered by a defender" and some smart ass showing a picture from the regular season of XXX dropping the ball with no one around.  The statement isn't true as a general statement but is completely true in the context...