or Connect

Posts by nht

Modern China is 101 years old (Dec 29, 1911) counting back to the establishment of the Republic of China or perhaps 100.9 years old if you want to count from when the last Qing Emperor abdicated (Feb 12, 1912).  If you date from the rise of Communist China then you start from October 1, 1949.   Even if you generously interpret "few hundred" as 200 years they have bit of time left before being "overdue".       We never invaded England or France but we sure ended their...
  As I said, for part of this I was on the iPhone so I think there was 1 posts that went unanswered.  Plus quoting using the mobile editor simply sucks.   As to my not responding to your comments...well I'm nothing if not verbose so that's a highly amusing statement.  Especially since I conceded your point on memory while you were writing this post.  I don't believe that the A6 would be memory starved for most things but under heavy load the performance probably would...
  Which fact am I ignoring?  The one where a A5X is sufficient and not an A6X?  You also skipped over the possibility of a 32nm or 28nm A5X if you believe the stock A6 cannot work.   Yes, the X series is architected to favor memory bandwidth the GPU over the CPU.  The question isn't whether the A6 can keep up with the A6X but whether it can keep up with the A5X and how much tweaking must be done to do so.  With 8.5GB/s raw the memory bandwidth in the A6 that's...
    You did nothing of the sort (offered a chance).  It has ALWAYS been my position that the A6 is equivalent to the A5X and NEVER my position that the A6 and A6X are equivalent.   Anyone actually reading my posts would see that very clearly and you caught me in a "gotcha".  Kudos since you seem to like that sort of thing.  Oooh...I said something incorrect because I misread your post.     The A6 offers iPad 3 level performance which was to Apple's taste in early 2012 and...
  The fact is that your initial assertion is incorrect.  You do not need an A6X.  Period.  If this statement was not true then the iPad 3 would not exist.  No other data is required to show this premise to be incorrect.  If the premise is incorrect then the conclusion is always suspect even if all the other logic is correct.   March is debatable given there's no strong indication of a 6 month product cycle but a/the 2013 Mini being retina is a reasonable bet.  It might be...
  In case we're not clear this is the statement discussed.  As I've shown the A6 is capable IF you are willing to settle for iPad 3 level GPU performance.  The iPad Mini does NOT require a A6X class GPU in the iPad 4 to go retina.  it needs a A5X class GPU to go retina.
  Adjusted performance levels the playing field to show what the GPUs can do relative to each other.  The indications is that 3 cores running at higher speeds leads to a similar fill rate and 3D performance as 4 slower cores.  Yes, ideally you want to bench the 543MP3 driving a 2048x1536 but you can't so the normalized benchmarks are the best you can do.  Fill rate and triangle texture rate are very similar.  The GLBenchmark show that the A6 as faster than the...
  I was on my iPhone so I missed that.  If you wish to use that lame excuse then whatever but clearly, if you read my posts it's very clear.
Not the A6 and A6X but the A6 and A5X as is clearly stated in each post I've made.But you aren't actually reading to understand but reading to "gotcha" so I guess that's par for the course.
Look at the Egypt benchmarks in the review you linked and you'll see that the A6 is comparable to the A5X.To get iPad 4 performance you need the A6X. To get iPad 3 performance you don't.Some will argue that the iPad 3 was a little underpowered but that's neither here nor there. The benchmarks clearly show that the A6 is capable enough when compared to the iPad 3 as a baseline.This is clearly intuitive given its a generation newer with a process node advantage, a higher...