or Connect

Posts by nht

You know, something no one has discussed:  If Chang's quote is correct then he expects no 28nm production out of Samsung in 2013.   Given that Samsung is rumored to be circulating test versions of the 28nm HKMG A15 'Adonis' processor for their Exynos line I'm wondering if there isn't some mistranslation of his comments.     Either that or TSMC is hiring some ninjas to go sabotage Samsung's 28nm fab...
Well...this was dumb but then again several app store decisions have been dumb so nothing new.   Apple seems to get more right than wrong but this was one of the wrong ones...
I'm curious to know how they determined that Apple has 7.2% and not 7.1% or 7.3%...
    If everyone who obviously deserved a short rope and a tall tree got what they deserved there's be a lot of people hanging from trees.   Let's first start with those advocating short ropes and tall trees as the solution to any real world problems...
  As a conservative moderate I am for many provisions in the Dream Act.  For example the Dream Act allows illegals to join the military for an 8 year commitment to earn permanent residency and citizenship.  That's a lot more than a lot of folks here have done including myself.    Illegal aliens with college degrees are a net plus to the economy, not a drag.  So I'm also for the provisions for letting children of illegals that have managed to get a 2 or 4 year degree to...
The mini 2.6ghz benches really well for the price compared to the rest of the lineup. Stick even a crappy GPU in the mini that'll run Resolve and other GPU required apps and its a significant iMac challenger.http://barefeats.com/imac12p2.html
  http://daringfireball.net/linked/2013/01/22/mac-mini     I have no idea why Gruber picked this out today.  Did Kasper pee in his cherrios or something happen to the mini? 
  I'd rather have the 630M over the HD4000...
  Hopefully not too ideal or we wont get it. :)   The only reason the mini lost discrete graphics was because it's become a CPU powerhouse.  The only things that the iMac does significantly better is anything GPU accelerated.   If the $799 2.3Ghz Core i7 Mini had the GT 630M I think a lot of folks wouldn't be buying the iMac.  Especially given the lack of supply.  Heck even as an extra $100 BTO option for the top end $899 2.6Ghz Core i7 model to push it to $999 and a lot...
    Ah right, I must have transposed those sizes in my memory.  My bad.       The Medfield has a SGX 540 at 400MHz which is slow.   I would expect that Apple would insist on being able to spec the GPU in any agreements...especially given Intel is currently using PowerVR SGX in their own designs at the moment.     An Apple design win puts Intel on top and Intel knows this.  This combined with the volume means that Apple has a lot of leverage in negotiations.   Again,...