or Connect

Posts by nht

I'm thinking that they'll make the current mini $299 and the new retina mini $399.  Or maybe even $249 and $349 but that seems a lot tighter.  You'll get both a price drop on the entry level device and a price increase on the current version.   Apple wants to excel in phones but my feel is that it wants to dominate tablets long term.    If Apple can fend off Android tablets in 2013 it goes a long way in that goal.  A $249 iPad Mini and $349 iPad Mini Retina lineup seems...
  Constrained availability of A6 processors needed for the iPhone.        Tooling and moving from the 32nm Samsung process to the 28nm TSMC one for the A6X for better power efficiency so you can remove some battery weight and thickness.   I can believe a scenario where the iPad Mini 2 gets a 32nm A6+ with a SGX 554MP2 where the iPad 5 gets a 28nm A6X and a slimmer redesign.   Then the iPad 6 gets the A7X later on just before Christmas.
  How is this a good thing for the consumer?  Does this improve or degrade the user experience with a device?  In my opinion it seriously degrades the user experience if the rather expensive purchase is unexpectedly replaced 2 months later...and no, don't give me the tired old "your device didn't stop working" because this isn't a reality problem but a perception and satisfaction issue.   Secrecy in terms of what's coming next leads to anticipation but unpredictable...
  That was my thought at first yes. :)  But a .44 lb iPad 7 would be wonderous.
  Apple doesn't do cheap.  They can do less expensive.  There's room in the line up for a less expensive Apple phone.
  The A6 CPU is faster as is the GPU in the A6.  With a bump in RAM it will also be more future proof.  How is this curious in any way?       Where do you see Rogue 6 anywhere in the rumor?  Updated A6X and a faster chip in the mini.   There is no reason that Apple cannot move to a 6 month cycle where the major update are whenever new chips are ready and the other updates are spec bumps of existing chips with other hardware upgrades.     If a mid year spec bump leads to a...
  Probably not a bad bet.
  It all depends on the price and availability.  For $999 I can see it replacing the home computer since it is one and can double as a family gaming center for air hockey, monopoly, etc.  More family oriented than a normal console or tablet.  We occasionally play Life and Monopoly on the iPad but it would be a lot more fun on something like this because of the size.   Getting EA and Ubisoft on board strikes me as smart.  3000 apps isn't a bad start.   If you start seeing...
  It looks pretty cool for $1000 Core i3 version.  I hope that price isn't a CNet typo.  The press release says $1700.   Going to have to take a look at their Aura SDK when I can find the link.
  In my mind this is pretty much a surface replacement and having worked on touch table applications it's kinda cool.