or Connect

Posts by nht

This is like my 2 year old daughter claiming she's catching up to my 9 year old son in age because now he's only four times as old when last year he was eight times as old last year...   Actually worse because in this case because the absolute gains aren't linear...the app store is gaining dollars at a far faster pace than the Google Play store.  The delta is got larger not smaller in december.
    This isn't really closing the gap.
These are sustained speeds. The methodology is provided and one test is the number of continuous burst shots in a 30 sec period.The cards that do 38 MB/s are Class 10 UHS-1 cards and rated at 45 MB/s.Actually looking at my card I have the cheaper Extreme which is also rated at 45MB/s and is also a class 10 uhs1 card.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007M54E1M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&keywords=San%20disk%20extreme%20class%2010&qid=1359602029&s=electronics&sr=1-1If you look in...
  1) you can get 128GB 2) a 10" 1080p screen has the same real estate as a 23" 1080p screen.  Just smaller so you'll need to be closer to the screen or have very good vision. 3) with integrated graphics it won't be a gaming machine but it's not a netbook processor and board.  It's a Core i5 and not an Atom.     1) there is no misconception regarding the UIs.  This is why the Surface Pro pricing in this discussion always includes the keyboard and trackpad. 2) It should run...
  The Samsung class 10 16GB was measured at 16.3MB/s jpeg and 16.9MB/s raw in a D800.  Most Class 10s appear to be in the 12-15MB/s range.   The best SD cards clock in 38MB/s range.   I bought this one for $80 off Amazon:   http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Extreme-Pro-SDHC-SDSDXP1-032G/dp/B004JJQN8G   Methodology is in here:   http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/camera_wb_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-12451   These are the max sustained rates.     As noted a Class 10 card is supposed...
  There's interest in both the iPad and the Surface Pro for use on shoot.   The desire, as I understand it, is to preview and do minor touch up of the files for quick review by the photographer or clients.  It is certainly easier to see the photo and histogram on a 10" screen than a 3" screen built into the body of your DSLR.   Take a CF card and pop in the reader connected to the USB3 port and you can do this pretty quick.
    It's 1.99 lbs which is a tad heavy as a tablet but it's a pound or two lighter than the motion tablets I had.  The iPad is 1.46 lbs.   The UI is driven by touch, not the stylus.     The type cover keyboard is your usual plastic keyboard.  Described by Anand as:   "Surface Pro uses the same type and touch covers as Surface RT. These two remain the best tablet keyboards I've ever used, not in that they are great keyboards but they offer a great balance of usability and...
  Yah, what's up with that?   On the other hand, one night I dozed off while watching on my phone and discovered the next day I was done with the season.
  The Surface Pro has a (probably) wacom digitizer and a capactive touch screen.  The MBA does not.   The Surface Pro has an optically bonded screen like the iMac. The Surface Pro has a SDXC reader.  The MBA does not. The Surface Pro is 1920 x1080.  The MBA is 1366x768. The Surface Pro has a 42 Wh battery.  The MBA a 35 Wh battery. The Surface Pro has two 720p cameras.  The MBA has one. The Surface Pro has a gyroscope, compass/magnetometer and accelerometer.  The MBA does...
  Failed Tablet PCs from the past 15 years have largely been overweight slates.  I've owned several motion computing tablets before giving up on tablets until the iPad.  I've always wanted a 11" MBA based tablet with a stylus.   So a lot of it has been the hardware being either too big or too slow or both.   As far as software goes I enjoyed using OneNote when I had it.