or Connect

Posts by nht

They are if they assert that a mid-year update that helps consumers who don't use their model is "less desirable" because it does not help them.  But if you believe the term "selfish" to be more accurate than "arrogant" that works for me but it's probably more than a bit of both.
  Mmm...first, the fact that Harris and Diebold carried out their attack with two LEOs...not rentacops...nearby indicates that this is not the panacea that the NRA would wish folks to believe.  The fact is that most LEOs will never fire their weapon in anger and often aren't as well prepared as they should be.   Does anyone seriously trust arming TSA style "cops"?  Because that's what the result would be like.     And gun laws are another layer of defense if implemented...
  Well, my kids are in elementary school and given you stated you don't shoot my opinion is you're in no position to tell other folks they know nothing and that they should take their opinion and shove it.   Who are you to say this?  Yet another entitled union teacher who thinks they know everything?  You and your ilk give teachers a bad name.   Edit:  I know Bergermister or someone is going to ping me on hypocrisy but it's one thing to tell judgmental outsiders to bugger...
  Nope.  There are single shot pistols...and I can personally attest that the Contender is fun to shoot.  I've shot skeet with a .410 Contender.     Most, I would imagine, are .22 target pistols but they exist.  But Thompson makes a .30-06 Encore Pistol which is this side of insanity.  Use a proper grip or expect a divot in your forehead.   Anyway, I digress...I'm still of the opinion that any effective gun control law (like say the Australian model) will be met with many...
Only if you are an arrogant ass that buys product once a year right after it launches and has to update every time something new comes out.For everyone else a mid year spec bump is a nice improvement for when they choose to buy a new device for themselves or as a gift for others.If Apple chooses to start doing this great. If not, no big deal given a fall release cycle to cover XMas.
  Given that the iPad 3 was a compromise fixed within normal yearly product cycle there's no real reason to believe that the iPac Mini 2 could not also address some shortcomings with the current device.     A 32nm A5X is certainly within the realm of possibility by spring. A more efficient display panel is certainly within the real of possibility by spring   Given both then an iPad Mini retina is also within the realm of possibility by spring/summer.  They launched the...
  CPU architecture, while being an important consideration, is not the only thing that can be improved.  Processor speed, RAM, Flash, GPU, displays, etc can as well.  At the expense of margin, Apple can improve to a twice a year cycle.  Just as with Macs a mid year spec bump is more than possible given that Apple, unlike their competitors, do not drop prices as component prices decrease.   The question is whether that expense will be large and if Apple is actually willing...
  Or    Jan 18, 20?? I tried to purchase a firearm and they don't sell them anymore without a mandatory waiting period, doctors screening, training and even for 1 shot rifles, 2 shot shotguns. Jan 19, 20?? I tried to make poison gas/bomb/etc and killed myself/got caught/lost interest/etc   Harris and Diebold made pipe and propane bombs most of which failed to go off.  Even terrorists have had failures to go bang.  It's a lot harder than buying an AR or semi-auto pistol,...
  Any semi-auto or fully auto firearm shooting an intermediate cartridge (7.62x39mm (AKs), 5.56 mm NATO, .223 Remington) with a detachable external magazine.   Frankly, just limit the sales of intermediate cartridge ammo to tightly regulated licensed ranges where the ammo has to be used on premises, eliminate production of new weapons and institute a buy back program and that solves much of the problem with "assault weapons" and mass shootings.   Just live with the fact...
  Our Suez Crisis has not yet happened and the death of Pax Americana is not yet at hand.       Whenever the action as been worked and a bullet actually chambered you have "one in the chamber' and the gun can fire if the safety is disengaged.  Having a round chambered puts you at a higher state of readiness to fire:   Condition 0: round in chamber, hammer cocked, safety Off, loaded magazine Condition 1: round in chamber, hammer cocked, safety On, loaded magazine Condition...