or Connect

Posts by nht

It may appear that I am anti-gun control...I'm not.  Rational additions to current gun ownership requirements, whether small like requiring verification of training and registration or large like Australian gun laws are welcome.   It may appear that I am anti-concealed carry by teachers or administrators...I'm not.  But I would require the same amount of training as is required by pilots which wish to carry.  A process that is known to be expensive and only some...
  Given that you are making the amusing assertion that teachers are typically pro-gun or that many schools already to not have on-site police presence it is pretty funny.  Enjoyable is kinda a stretch though.
    That makes you much less qualified to discuss school security than the school janitor.     Which give you very limited knowledge about school security or no knowledge on guns.         What do I know about you?  You're a teacher that doesn't believe that parents are stakeholders in either their children's education or security.  A person who as never fired a gun or been fired upon who believes their opinion on firearms is superior to everyone else.  A person who...
Disagree all you want but the militia at Lexington was not a bunch of random guys but a well regulated (aka trained) militia. This is historically documented.As for your quotes that would imply that you believe that every terrible implement of the soldier (including tanks, nukes, etc) is the birthright of every citizen.Given that they are not AND the fact that the American military is so much larger than the founders envisioned then the argument that firearm possession...
Don't need to. This is like saying that hammers kill more people than nuclear bombs in the US therefore folks should be allowed to have their own nuclear arsenal.Besides it's a completely counterproductive argument for the pro-gun camp because if you look at the stats you'll see that handguns are responsible for more murders than anything else.Which means that they should be highly regulated using hammers as the lethality litmus test.This is called an own goal. So this...
Lol. That's the funniest thing I've read in this thread. Are you practicing for a stand-up routine?
  The militia were...you know, actual militias.  Not random guys with guns.  The modern day equivalent would be the regular US army moving to disarm a national guard armory.   The militia at Lexington was the local militia and not a minuteman company.  Kinda like the difference between regular police and SWAT.  The whole thing was a confused mess on the part of both sides and not either an organized defense of the town or an organized attack but a show of force.  The...
  And you do?   "n 2009, nearly all students (99 percent) ages 12–18 reported that they had observed the use of at least one of the selected security measures at their schools....Approximately 68 percent of students reported the presence of security guards and/or assigned police officers,"   page vii   http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/iscs11.pdf   But hey...don't let facts get in the way.       Because a lot I've met have been viscerally anti-gun is why.  Now...
  Why no data?  Sure data.  It shouldn't use that much unless they are posting video to youtube.   Yep, no apps taking it back to 2012 feature phones.   http://wireless.amazon.com/Pantech-Pursuit-II-Phone-Pink/dp/B005CPIIQQ   $179 on AT&T's site refurb ($219 new) but sometimes that site gets wonky on links.   The choices in this price range are really crappy android phones that run apps poorly or feature phones (I guess these are actually called messaging phones) with a...
  I didn't address this so I'll do it here:     No, the section you quoted stated that patents can not be broadened either by amending existing ones or adding new ones.     Not that new claims cannot be added as long as the the scope remains the same or is narrowed.   My laypersons understanding is that if claim 1 goes from 10-50 (using numbers as an easy to understand proxy) and claim 2 goes from 40-90 then no new claims can go beyond the bounds of 10-90 but a new claim...