or Connect

Posts by nht

I write software today, so I know a little more about it.    Your experience from 30+ years ago means you know very little about modern software development and any arrogant assertions regarding what can and cannot be done and who knows what they are talking about is meritless.   Coding for an X86 based iPad and an ARM iPhone for apps that stick to the core SDK will be not be much different than handling the differences between the iPad 3 and the iPhone 3G back when the...
  You didn't have a point, you had another snide remark about the mini that I refuted.       Yes.  Touch typing requires using touch rather than sight.  For that you need to be able to tell where the keys are without looking.
  Your post was asinine and yes I read it.  Two finger typing on an iPad Mini is every bit as legitimate as touch typing on a regular iPad if the speed and error rates are comparable.     http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20077031-248/guinness-world-record-for-ipad-typing-broken/   iPad record beaten (unofficially) on the iPhone using 2 thumbs.  The odds are that 2 thumb typing on the iPad mini is comparable in speed to the iPhone and even if slower on par with the typing...
  False.  The HDTV spec is designed for 1080p to be viewed at 1.6 times the diagonal size.  So unless you are used to sitting 51" from your 32" screen you're sitting too far away to meet the SMPTE 30 spec (i.e. the picture quality it was shot for).  Less important for soap operas, more important for movies.   For THX the recommended seating range for a 35" HDTV is 3.5' to 5.0' although at 5' you're pushing it (within the SMPTE 30 spec).   For a 60" HDTV (given that few...
  Hmm...I've said that a few times.  But I guess you know what you are talking about regarding software better than a dev.     Apps that stick to the core SDK it would literally be that simple.  For apps that use NEON code (either via arm intrinsics or assembly) or other ARM assembly code then it would require work to target both ARM and X86.  Relatively few apps do this.  Note that if you are doing things like this you ALREADY have to make sure you understand the...
  1) The iPad isn't a "proper computer" either in the eyes of many folks you like to laugh at so having "proper computer" anywhere in the discussion is stupid.  If folks are using it as a computer it's a proper computer.   2) You can touch type with ten fingers on the mini as well as you can on the full sized.   http://www.gadgetreview.com/2012/11/11-of-the-best-ipad-mini-keyboards-list.html   I use my iPad for work and the BT keyboard is IMHO pretty much a must for fast...
  You can sometimes get firmware updates if you want.  Most don't bother unless there's something wrong.
  20% over normal TV prices is still like 1200% under B&O prices.  The Beovision 11 is an amazing $10,500 for a 46" 3D HDTV.  The base model 40" is $5,995.    For reference the top end 64" Sony Bravia XBR (fronted with Gorilla glass no less) is $5,199.  The mid grade 46" Sony Bravia HX850 is $1599.  The value 46" BX450 is a mere $699 which is slightly more expensive than the equivalent Vizios and Samsungs.   If I had money to burn I wouldn't get the B&O but the new 85" 4K...
  LOL...nope.  Wrong again.
  LOL...that's smaller than the area of where the CPUs currently live.