or Connect

Posts by nht

Mmm...it would replace my MBA before it replaced my iPad Mini.  Maybe.  I'd have to jump to Lightroom and Premiere and that's spendy since I'm not a pro.   Folks that think Surface Pro is stupid probably would think a MBA where the screen could be detached and act as a tablet would be brilliant.   Me I think both are cool except one actually exists and the other not so much.
  If you cut and paste from a website you get whatever HTML formatting from that site.  It's a PITA period.
  If you mean ASP then I agree.  $499 probably gets them the margins they want but not the ASPs.  Moving the base iPad to 32GB has a negative effect on ASPs because 16GB is simply too small for today where games and textbooks weigh in at 2GB+ a shot.   32GB is reasonable enough that a lot of folks won't spring for a $599 64GB model.   $499 is the best value followed by $699.  I bought the $599 one (actually the $729 verizon one).
  The line up is carefully positioned to provide a low cost option with too little flash memory for the upsell to the mid tier model.  Folks that need a lot more than that pay a lot more vs the base model although proportionally less per GB.  The lowest cost model pushes the price umbrella down as much as Apple is willing to do.  The 128GB model is priced sufficiently well that any MBA cannibalization is not of any concern.  It also provides a higher top end model for...
  /shrug    While the aTV is bit rate limited for higher quality the probability is that most households are limited by internet streaming speeds than anything else on their aTVs.  The only reason that I can think of to use A5Xs is either Apple is sitting on a huge pile of A5X rejects or they intend to add GPU intensive apps to the aTV.   I could see game apps developed to do some computation on the ipad/iphone and send the results to render on the aTV to get the lag down.
  What I want for my kids is an iPhone with no data plan...an iPod touch that just does calls and iMessage via 3G cell service at a dumb phone or messaging phone monthly rate.
  4GB?  That's like 4 of my kid's games.
  The iPad mini screams for the cellular modem.  I bet a good number of LTE iPad minis sold.
  And the MBA has anywhere from 103GB to 113GB left on a 128GB SSD.     So what?  Given that Win8 itself seems to install on desktops in under 20GB I assume the rest of the space is included apps and the recovery partition that MS says can be deleted.   http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/system-requirements
  Yes, if you actually use iPhoto or iMovie on the iPad the extra space is very worthwhile.