or Connect

Posts by nht

It all depends on the price and availability.  For $999 I can see it replacing the home computer since it is one and can double as a family gaming center for air hockey, monopoly, etc.  More family oriented than a normal console or tablet.  We occasionally play Life and Monopoly on the iPad but it would be a lot more fun on something like this because of the size.   Getting EA and Ubisoft on board strikes me as smart.  3000 apps isn't a bad start.   If you start seeing...
  It looks pretty cool for $1000 Core i3 version.  I hope that price isn't a CNet typo.  The press release says $1700.   Going to have to take a look at their Aura SDK when I can find the link.
  In my mind this is pretty much a surface replacement and having worked on touch table applications it's kinda cool.
  Really?  Do you know which doors and windows are in good repair and which are flakey?  Do you know where all the security cameras and systems are located?  Which of you regularly sees all of the school including service areas?  You or the school custodian?   In schools without dedicated security staff who makes sure the building is secure and sets the end of day alarms long after all the staff has gone home and the school closes for the night?    Is that you?  Or the...
It may appear that I am anti-gun control...I'm not.  Rational additions to current gun ownership requirements, whether small like requiring verification of training and registration or large like Australian gun laws are welcome.   It may appear that I am anti-concealed carry by teachers or administrators...I'm not.  But I would require the same amount of training as is required by pilots which wish to carry.  A process that is known to be expensive and only some...
  Given that you are making the amusing assertion that teachers are typically pro-gun or that many schools already to not have on-site police presence it is pretty funny.  Enjoyable is kinda a stretch though.
    That makes you much less qualified to discuss school security than the school janitor.     Which give you very limited knowledge about school security or no knowledge on guns.         What do I know about you?  You're a teacher that doesn't believe that parents are stakeholders in either their children's education or security.  A person who as never fired a gun or been fired upon who believes their opinion on firearms is superior to everyone else.  A person who...
Disagree all you want but the militia at Lexington was not a bunch of random guys but a well regulated (aka trained) militia. This is historically documented.As for your quotes that would imply that you believe that every terrible implement of the soldier (including tanks, nukes, etc) is the birthright of every citizen.Given that they are not AND the fact that the American military is so much larger than the founders envisioned then the argument that firearm possession...
Don't need to. This is like saying that hammers kill more people than nuclear bombs in the US therefore folks should be allowed to have their own nuclear arsenal.Besides it's a completely counterproductive argument for the pro-gun camp because if you look at the stats you'll see that handguns are responsible for more murders than anything else.Which means that they should be highly regulated using hammers as the lethality litmus test.This is called an own goal. So this...
Lol. That's the funniest thing I've read in this thread. Are you practicing for a stand-up routine?