or Connect

Posts by nht

More likely to end up as a more successful version of Rubinstein or Gassee.
  He's not going to play 3rd fiddle at Google.  Maybe he'll pull a Marissa Mayer and go save a failing company.  Heh...CEO of RIM.
  They aren't two completely different worlds.  Some of the best human factors folks have a industrial engineering background.  His focus on design, prototyping and the complete user experience is the same general process as for UI designs.   MDA gave Ive a personal achievement award in 2008 for    "his design of the Apple IPhone and its user interface. The physical design of the IPhone and its intuitive user interface has completely redefined the mobile phone as we know...
  http://ncees.org/About_NCEES/News/News_Pages/New_PE_Software_exam.php   There's probably a waiver for the FE exam and given that the first tests are next year I think they'll have to waive the 4 year requirement for working under another SwE PE.  I've gone through the SwE PE exam topics and I'm fairly confident I've gotten the requisite education and experience.  But it's not really what I want to do when I grow up but my wife tells me I can't be a coder forever.  She's...
  And if he hated the skewmorphic designs they would have been DOA and ended up in the digital dumpster.  The designer at the top of food chain sets the tone for the entire team.  If he or she doesn't then you end up with a jumbled ass of a UI.       Most CS majors consider themselves coders.        Good coders are worth more than good "software engineers" of which you generally only need a few on any given project.  As far as people going where the "money flows" as near...
  Permanent advisor = demotion and a that "Your department's being downsized." "You're part of an outplacement." "We're going in a different direction." "We're not picking up your option." Take your pick. I got more.    Yah think Scott will stick around for that?  Nah, I think he's rather go out and try to form the next NeXT.
  I noticed his absence at the iPad Mini launch and the fact he wasn't in the video...so this was certainly telegraphed.
  I figured since they aren't going to ship till later in the month I'd go to the Apple Store to see if I liked slate or white better.
  N.O.V.A 3 1.57GB Infinity Blade 2 1.3GB Mass Effect Infiltrator 1.2GB Modern Combat 3 1.09GB Infinity Blade 945MB Rainbow Six 546MB N.O.V.A 2 519MB Dungeon Hunter 2 HD 467MB Real Racing 2 HD 444MB Lego HP 473 MB   16GB is too small for anyone with any sort of game library without a lot of swapping...mine isn't all that big and I have to pick and choose what to keep loaded.     And the games are getting richer and more complex...and that usually means also much bigger....
  8) Or you could stop being pissed about a troll and drop him into your blocked list...