or Connect

Posts by Brian Green

I've had it happen with my iPhone 6 Plus twice now, once with it just sitting on my desk with me doing nothing with it at the time.  I hope a carrier settings update comes soon to correct this issue.  Seems T-Mobile overlooked something with their last carrier settings update and now we're dealing with this.  
After all this time using Photos, I still loathe the drop of so many features iPhoto had. It certainly hasn't "grown on me" over time. Notice that they didn't say a word about Photos in the iOS 9 keynote. That leads me to believe that nothing significant will be improved with it. Photos is not what I loved about iPhoto, I don't care if it is faster. I'd rather have all of the features!
I'd be extremely disappointed by a Comcast acquisition. Why can't T-Mobile just be T-Mobile?
I wish I could agree with you, but I simply can not. I have no issues with file size or streaming issues while streaming HD content from iTunes, Amazon Prime, or YouTube. If I can do that, I can also upload my video files (far shorter in duration than feature films) without an impact. Even if I had to compromise and have this function performed overnight while the phone is charging anyway, I'd accept it. There's no logical reason for this functionality omission.
How about the ability to rate photos?  I hate how you only have the option to press that heart button.  Great.  That might be suitable for someone who uses Facebook.  I used to rate all of my photos and would then classify them using smart folders for easy export to thumb drives.  That's just impossible now.  Why they took away that feature baffles me.   How about being able to batch change names of photos?  I know those folks who only look at pics on their iDevices...
I haven't had any issues with the OS, it's the Photos app that has been giving me issues. I've written to Apple about them. I doubt it'll ever happen, but I'd love to have a duplicate finder that prohibits identical photos from being uploaded from the cloud. I've had several instances where three copies of the same photo show up. Not sure how it's happening, but it'd be great if they could eliminate duplicates on the fly.
I haven't had any crashes, and it's good to see that iPhoto still works as migration between apps has been problematic for me regarding organization. For those with issues or complaints about the Photos app, voice your concerns by emailing Apple and letting them know what you want changed. They might not change things, but the age old saying applies here as well - The Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease. I know I'll be writing them an email.
I’m aware that Apple has many big ticket items receiving most of their attention as of late, but I’m curious about the lesser discussed applications Apple makes with regard to updates.  iWork is something that isn’t well received by Mac users and the online community in general, with Pages taking the brunt of the negativity, and Keynote receiving most of the praise.  Given this, are there rumors of significant updates likely this year?     I’m also aware that the vast...
I fundamentally disagree.  What is it with people of any race thinking that someone else is pushing them down.  This is the crap thinking that needs to end.  I've met successes in every race, and I've met absolute losers of every race.  As for the white man keeping the black man down (which is a complete lie), here's a little evidence for you to the contrary.  These are all successful black men who didn't listen to sob stories.  They made their own lives great.  In...
Marvin, I'll give that a try when I'm forced to reboot.  As it is, the crazy behavior of the GPU in Yosemite makes me loathe rebooting my MacMini.  When I have to, I'll boot into safe mode, then reboot again to force a gpu driver rebuild.  I would have thought that Onyx scrubs that cache.  It even says it scrubs the kernel cache.  That's why I think this is a deeper software issue.