or Connect

Posts by Brian Green

And with your proceeds, how about you put up some cell towers that improve coverage. It's obvious AT&T isn't doing anything to improve things.
I'll be watching YouTube videos the entire hour for Choke Hold. I quite frankly get furious at AT&T routinely here in the Puget Sound area because they can't manage to provide adequate coverage and I have dropped calls all the time. Sure they are spending billions on their network. I don't believe them. Their service here sucks. I use AT&T simply because I am forced to use it if I want to use my iPhone unjailbroken. Call it juvenile all you want. Anything that...
I agree. I think this thing needs to be locked down tight. If the Apple security team is getting their @$$e$ handed to them by a 17 year old, how can they expect to handle securing our sensitive data from a serious threat? I think it's time they step up their game or be thrown out the door in disgrace. There has to be a way to lock it down and make it secure. The four digit screen lock is a joke too. I guess Steve is getting soft in his old age. A younger Steve...
I’d personally like to see something like this implemented. Credit Cards, and their magnetic stripe technology are just getting ridiculous now. Here we are with cards that have our names and a 16 (or more) digit number on them that can be swiped for payment or other transaction. Okay, then make it a 64 digit number. I don’t care. The point here is that an iPhone or an iPod Touch is a computer. Use the encryption for the transaction and make sure that the user has to...
Makes you wonder how the current iPhone team in Cupertino feels about being bested by a 17 year old, and whether or not Steve has walked in and wanted them to tell him personally if they value their positions at Apple and precisely what corrective measures will be put in place to ensure that it doesn't happen again? This new position will have to be filled with someone that can handle being screamed at when they fail to a 17 year old. This position will have to be filled...
If Apple really cared about the "media experience" why is it that they don't offer a single movie in 1080p? We're stuck with the lesser size. Until they figure out how to transmit full quality 1080p via the iTunes store, the physical disc is the best way to transport the movie. The new iFrame format doesn't offer any hope as it's going to need to be upscaled as well. If Apple is going to oppose Blu-Ray entirely (as they currently have been), they had better offer...
I'm all for that but Apple appears to be slow-walking this one. What for? I'd love to be able to watch 1080p movies on my 30" Cinema Display, but am stuck with DVD upscaling instead. I'm unimpressed with Apple's failure to properly support a technology that makes things look better.
[QUOTE=Maestro64;1499205BTW the same was true 20 yrs again what only a small % use most of the phone bandwidth. Phone networks were only designed to handle 1/3 of all the possible calls if everyone tried making a call at once.[/QUOTE] You'd think that they'd wake up and realize that many of us don't even have landline phones these days. The trend is toward cell phones. I also understand that the US isn't exactly a little nation. The amount of money needed to upgrade...
Quicktime X isn't bad for playback on my system, but it's missing much of the functionality that Quicktime 7 had. What is the status of Quicktime X with regard to updates and added functionality? There's no way Apple can say Quicktime X is anywhere near completed with a straight face. I've noticed something that's rather irritating. Why is it that I can download a movie preview from Apple's website in HD720 and go to save it with the Save As feature, using Movie in...
Here's to hoping that Apple (or the hackers out there with great machines like my MacPro) will give us an EFI update that will change the EFI chip in my Octo-Core 3GHz Mac Pro to 64 bit. Apple has released EFI updates in the past, so this ought to be a possibility.