or Connect

Posts by Brian Green

At this point things are getting absurd. All we hear about are patent trolls. Simple solution, end all software patents. Everything is connected to everything else in one way or another. The people who defend this atrocious behavior aren't looking into the future to see that this is only going to get worse. Do we even have ten years before literally nothing can be released because when it is the patent trolls come out in droves? Patents in, and of, themselves are...
While this is a great start, it doesn't state that it provides all the functionality of the MBP touchpad, i.e. gestures. I'd love to have a touchpad I could use with my Mac Pro that has the exact same functionality as the MBP touchpad. The current Mighty Mouse is a step up from the single button pro model of before, but the trackball needs to go. So happy to see that Apple is redesigning the MM. I'll be buying one when they are released.
Considering how vindictive Steve is known to be, I'm willing to bet that there'll be a security update or something coming down relatively soon that really messes with Palm. Now that they are intentionally violating USB protocol by claiming to be an iPod (after the review), Apple can take the gloves off and end it. It's just a matter of how long it'll take to find a way that makes it a permanent break for the Pre.
At this point I'd like a trackpad I can use with my Mac Pro. They did it with the super drive to be used with the MBA, why can't they take the MBP trackpad and drop it in a housing and let us hook it up with USB or bluetooth? Exact same functionality as the MBP touchpad and I'd also have access to gestures with my Mac Pro, something the MM can't do.
Everything still seems to be working fine. I see no problems. I doubt I went to the wrong folder. It's /Library/Extensions. Pretty easy to find. Of course, Apple could have saved me all this stress (and others undoubtedly) by not having this .kext file be an issue in the first place. I'll also reiterate here that there was nothing in the folder, even when I used Houdini to scope out any hidden files. It was empty, so Apple probably moved all the critical files...
Thank you for your help. Here is some more information. I did have a Canon scanner, but no longer have it, or anything Canon related anymore. I went to the Extensions folder and it was empty. I checked it with Houdini to see if there were hidden files in it that matched the error message, and the folder itself was empty. I deleted the folder and replaced it with a new folder named "Extensions". I've gone through preferences and gotten rid of everything to do with...
I've searched all through this site and haven't seen anyone else having this show up, so it must be a rare thing. I have a MacPro2,1 that I updated from Leopard to Snow Leopard. Now, every time I do any updates I get a popup that says this: "The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/CNQL1213_ClassicNotSeize.kext" was installed improperly and can not be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update." What do I have to do to...
And thanks to you, I have done precisely that. I've seen EFI updates in the past, and can only hope that they are able to convert the 32-bit EFI chip to 64-bits. It's ridiculous that one little chip is the only reason my Mac Pro can't go to 64-bit and use the additional memory. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Now, hopefully, Apple won't let those of us with these systems down.
And yet isn't it fantastic that an Octo-Core 3GHz MacPro2,1 with 13GB 667MHz RAM and 2.5TB of storage and NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 GPU is completely unable to run the 64bit kernel? The speed improvements won't be accessible to me at all. Seems the EFI chip can't handle 64bit so one little tiny chip is what's obsoleting this MacPro. Fantastic. Hope you 64bit folks enjoy that 250% speed increase.I don't suppose there's a way that Apple could give us an update that would...
Considering that we are now living in a police state (The US anyway) where your laptop can be seized at the border as well as your cellphone (and by border we actually mean anywhere within 100 miles of the border according to the PATRIOT Act), we're getting to the point where we need some very serious lockdown security measures that the government folks can't bypass. Every additional security feature Apple can implement to thwart our devices from being compromised, even...