or Connect

Posts by Brian Green

That's because there's nothing that can be done.  You think writing to your politicians will solve this problem?  They have their fingerprints all over this.  They allowed it to happen.  They certainly aren't stepping out in front of a podium saying that they are putting all of their effort into shutting it down.  All of the major players are involved in this.  Many families stay connected through Facebook.  People share geotagged photos through various photo sites....
This just means that Apple will have to invent a new way to do this, and of course, patent it. There's more than one way to make things happen. This ruling simply forces a different approach. Possibly, a better approach.
Marvin,   Thanks for the response concerning specific issues.  I saw the PS4 announcement yesterday and saw that it has more crunching power than my Mac Pro in every way, yet is a fraction of the size.  It goes to my point that there's much improvement that can be made to the existing platform to once again make it appealing.  I've heard the issue discussed before, saying that there's no need to improve the design because people aren't interested in it.  It can also...
PhilBoogie, I do think of power consumption on the large scale, but then again I'm also looking at what I have done to reduce power consumption throughout the house, so I'm giving myself more leeway when it comes to having a computer that does what I need it to do, when I need it to do it.  Mac Pro's don't sip power when compared to their brethren.  I think people who use them know that there's going to be a hit on the power bill.  With the chips getting smaller,...
No need to get snotty PhilBoogie.  Do I think less power use is innovative?  Sure.  Is it a direct concern for me?  Not really.  It might be if I were running the house on solar panels and a wind mill.  I'm not, so a decrease in power consumption for something that isn't battery driven isn't of significant concern.  Is it innovative, sure it is.  Do I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about how great it is that we've managed to drop power consumption?  Only if I think about...
  I see what you're saying here, I really do.  Why do you think razors get dull so fast when we know full-well that they could be made to last a lot longer?  They want the user to come back for another purchase.  The issue I have with the MacPro is that we're not seeing much true innovation.  The form factor has been frozen for years and hasn't gotten any smaller.  Apple has done everything they can to get every one of their products smaller, with the exception of the Mac...
It's great to see the amazing Apple Store designs they've done, but it'd be nice to see them put a little more thought into the store here in Lynnwood, WA.  It's always full of people and yet I've been in Radio Shack's that are bigger.  I'm not saying it's a bad thing that Apple create these amazing stores in other cities, but it'd be nice if the smaller stores received some attention by Apple to make them look better.  Our Apple Store looks paltry next to the ones that...
I didn't mention Google did I?  That's because I'm not using Google Maps.  I'm using Apple Maps.  If Apple isn't using Google Maps in their App, what point does your comment serve aside from misdirection?     I don't care about Android or Google, and am only interested in seeing the maps get corrected and represent reality instead of having flagrant errors.  Apple, so far, has yet to fix them.  
If anything, I hope this lights a fire under the butts of the people working on Apple Maps.  It's obvious that our own input isn't being looked at and fixed.  I know everyone's quick to shout out "anecdotal" when we say that maps in our own areas are messed up and not accurate.  I've used the "Report A Problem" feature many times to point out very obvious errors.  Has Apple fixed even a single one of them?  No.  People who drive the same roads day in and day out know...
I'm still rocking the MacPro 2,1.  I've wanted to upgrade for a while now, but I'm waiting for a new form factor.  It's disappointing when a current quad-core Mac Mini can match the power of my Mac Pro, but I'm waiting to see what 2013 brings.  Tim Cook said they had good things in store for the Mac Pro, and I'm really hoping they come through with a slimmer design.  This is the last year I'll be waiting though.  I'm stuck at Lion, and can't progress more than that....