or Connect

Posts by Brian Green

This issue will be a test for Tim Cook.  Every phone Samsung sells that looks like an iPhone, and due to Android acts sort of like an iPhone, is one less phone Apple sells.  Apple as a corporation, has the same goal as any other corporation.  They are responsible to their shareholders.  While some may say that Apple's stock price was inflated, and had to come down to a reasonable level, others are looking at Apple's stock prices dropping to where they were in June and...
The ruling is absurd and the judge is an imbecile.  Anyone with functional eyes knows that Samsung stole the designs.  The judge is effectively forcing Apple to lie on their British website.  Samsung knew what they were doing.  Thieves, and nothing besides.  I know it's going to be some time before Apple can transition away from Samsung in a meaningful and painful way for Samsung, but I want it to happen so badly.  Samsung simply can not be trusted and should be dropped...
It's interesting to see this development.  Having Jony Ive take over Human Interface across the board could present a change of course for the look and feel of iOS and OS X.  This will have to be coordinated with Craig Federighi though, as he's going to be leading both iOS and OS X teams.     I personally look forward to the changes Ive will bring to iOS and OS X.   We've all seen how classy he makes the products look.  It's time to see how classy he can make the...
I don't think it's a noise canceling issue.  I think that actual call sound quality hasn't improved.  I'll admit now that I'm not an expert in this field. It may be cell tower issues, it may be AT&T, it may be the antennas in the iPhone, it may even be a combination of all of them.  Regardless of what's actually causing it, I wish it would be addressed.  If we're able to stream radio and podcasts that sound crisp and undistorted, why can't we have phone calls that are...
I have to admit that I'm not overly excited about this phone.  I have the 4S, and the screen isn't going to be improved by a little bit more length.  Now if they told me that phone calls (what the device is, technically) sounded dramatically better (calls haven't improved as far as audio quality since the first iPhone from my daily-use, practical opinion), I'd be very interested in getting one.  I use the iPhone as a phone more than a data device.  I live in the Seattle...
They should also factor in all of us who would upgrade, but can't because the App Store won't let us because our computer is too old.  I'm rocking eight cores at 3GHz apiece, but to them, I'm on an ancient computer.
Apple and Samsung have current contracts that will be honored through this process that guarantee that Samsung can not raise the prices of components nor impede delivery without penalty, however, when the terms of the current contracts are completed, it stands to reason that Apple will select another supplier for significant portions of chips.  While Apple may not be able to depend on another company to provide these parts exclusively, Apple does have the investment...
That may be the case, but it also means that you're letting yourself get stabbed in the back by a company without them fearing return fire.  How many times have we seen ATI and NVidia cards get dropped because of issues?  Whether it's performance issues, or them flat-out stealing your designs, it's the same thing.  If Apple can't sever ties with Samsung to punish them and prove a point, then what recourse does Apple have but to continue to bend over and take it from...
And it finally happened.  My Mac Pro is officially too old to update anymore.  No Mountain Lion for me.  Enjoy it folks.
Perhaps this is a step Apple is taking to eliminate significant unknown vulnerabilities.  If I recall correctly, Apple has hired some high-level security personnel with a focus on tightening things down.  As the iOS and Mac OS X become more popular, the target appears more interesting to those creating threats.  Keeping ahead of them is a wise choice.  It would appear likely that a hint of direction will be given during the presentation.  What is said, and what isn't...