or Connect

Posts by Brian Green

The loss of Web Gallery and the associated iPhone App will be the one that hits me the hardest. Web Gallery was the way I shared my photos and videos with family and friends in one easy to use site and App. Now what will we have? Nothing. Apple screwed us good with that omission. Apple needs to stop taking away options we currently have and work on adding functionality instead. While many of you likely were content with a flickr account or some other service, they...
With the release of the keynote discussing iCloud, one very painful omission for me personally, was the lack of continuing the MobileMe Web Gallery, and the additional iPhone Gallery App that went along with it. This feature was apparently used by so few Mac users that Apple felt compelled to discontinue this service for the users who did use it. I've started this thread to discuss among fellow Mac users which methods will now be offered to people who take a lot of...
Thanks for your suggestions. I've solved the problem. My Mac Pro is back to being a beast again.
Here's what I did, and you can always do a variation of this. Bay1 = 120GB OWC SSD, Bay 2 = 2TB hard drive, Bay 3 = 2 TB hard drive, Bay 4 = 2 TB hard drive. I basically broke my data up into the different drives. Bay 1 is for the OS and the apps and such, but none of the data. Bay 2 is all photos. Ever since I switched over to a D-90 I've been consuming so much hard drive space that it made sense to have a drive just for iPhoto / Aperture. Bay 3 is raw HD Video. I...
My current Mac Pro is great at a lot of things, but the 667 MHz Bus and Memory are killing me. It's also unable to boot into the 64-bit kernel, though it handles all the 64-bit apps well. My 30" Cinema Display is still going strong and I see no sense in replacing it. That all said, this new Mac Pro might just entice me to upgrade. I just don't know if I'm willing to part with that kind of money for a computer that I only use at home. I never thought I'd get to the...
I look forward to seeing this when it's pushed as an iTunes Podcast like their other keynotes. As of 9:30pm Pacific time, it hasn't been posted. My internet connection simply can't handle streaming video. I look forward to seeing this keynote, and to moving to a house where I can actually get a high speed internet connection!
As a long standing rule with Apple hardware products I will skip generations. I bought the first iPhone, and skipped the 3G. I bought the 3Gs and skipped the 4. When the iPhone 5 is released, I'll upgrade to it. I'll give my mom the 3Gs without the SIM to be used as an iPod Touch with wifi. I'm not sure that I agree that Apple is making a wise choice by denying 3Gs users an upgrade to iOS 5, especially when it's selling them right now in their stores without a warning...
LOL, not that I'm aware of, but you never know. From what I saw, it's her inability to NOT save any attachment she gets in an email. Remember, that I just wrote down the top level and didn't drill down. She organizes well, and everything is in folders. She has so many videos on quilt making that it boggles the mind, and I'm pretty sure everything Bob Ross did too. On another note, I do find it almost amusing that we live in a world where grandkids have to wonder...
I don't think there's anything wrong with content being visually dominant. The problem I have is that Lion seems to be ignoring non-power users when there are plenty of them using Macs. While you may find the minimalism and the monochromatic look of Lion to be ascetically pleasing, there are many others that need the variation to successfully interact with the OS. The changes to the buttons is a wrong choice in my opinion. The buttons the US uses now (the oblong ones)...
Admittedly, Lion is a transition toward a desktop-not-required future. We're still living in the present, however, and those of us who are the family and friend "tech support" are facing easy of use issues with this release. The iPad is something I'll be working to get everyone transitioned to, but it's going to take time, and I have yet to find that tree that grows money. The iPad has limitations regarding data storage, and still must be synced with a Mac in order to...