or Connect

Posts by Brian Green

Here's a question for you all to ponder. The rumors have been flying that Apple will begin producing additional software titles to compliment their already powerful selection of software (iLife, OS X, Quicktime, Keynote..etc.) the question now remains, what comes next? The logical answer would be more Office related titles. But that's the obvious. What about the unobvious? What software would you like to see Apple produce? How would the software you suggest benefit...
Here's a question I have for you all. Many people in various threads are asking for a mini-tower with some expandibility. So here's the question for you all. Say that you got to talk to Apple engineers to help design the new Cube remembering of course that components have gotten smaller these days through miniturization. What would you include? What would you leave out? What options would you look for? Is there a graphics card on the planet that could possibly make...
As for 10.2.5 is it possible that it'll include Java 1.4.1? I know this is coming out soon. Seems like a likely reason to add the .5 to Jaguar. As for iChat, I've not heard a single thing about it. It's as if no one bothered to check up on it and the progress being made. Video confrencing would certainly be a valuable addition. As for the .5 release, aside from the Java update, what else do you all suspect will be added? Probably just additional compatibility with...
A question to all regarding Adobe Acrobat. Is Adobe going to be updating Acrobat soon with additional functionality as well as better OS X support? Just curious. Thanks for your time and any info you provide.
Hello everyone, I'm looking for some help understanding a situation I have going on with my 600 MHz iBook running the latest update to OS X. My question is in regard to the use of my new HP scanjet 3570c that uses a normal USB connection. When I plugged it in I noticed that everything slowed down. I, being the suspicious type, opened up my CPU Monitor and sure enough it was mostly red and using up practically all of this little G3's resources. When I unplugged the USB...
os10geek, PLEASE tell me you're joking about the 970 not being fit for consumer products! If I have to deal with G4's much longer I'm going to hurl. The best thing that could happen to Apple at this point is Moto ceasing to exist. This way they could move on and never have to worry about working with such an absolutely horrible company like Moto again. As for the 970, put them in every single computer Apple has to offer. What are you afraid of? That Apple might have...
I think some of the best things software writers can provide are 64 bit apps. I'm also hoping that Apple is already ahead of the game offerring every Apple title in 64 bit, though it would seem silly of them to release 64 bit apps before 10.3 which people have said will be 64 bit. So I personally would love to see Final Cut Pro running 64 bit, and Quicktime as well for that matter though people tend to get up in arms about Quicktime and it's reliability. I personally...
Transcendental Octothorpe, I am happy that you are aware of such things. But your sig doesn't really help me out a lot because you're sig mentions wanting to get a 970 Power Mac to replace your 7500. While I'm happy that you'll be getting a fine new computer, a Power Mac is hardly travel friendly. So the 970 in a PM isn't going to do me a bit of good, though it'll help with PM sales. When the 970 hits the PB, I'll drop the Franklins and make it happen. This...
Matsu, I certainly don't deny such performance benchmarks when it comes to PPC v.s. P4M. I think the thing that really gets me going is the entirely new architecture in the 970. I realize that Power Mac's need the 970 desperately, and someone even suggested that Apple drop in a Quad for high end just to shock people. I wish I were in a position where I could buy a Power Mac and use it all the time (I've got more than enough cash stashed to get everything I'd need and a...
So how do we find out how many of the 970's IBM is actuallly producing, and when production began. It shouldn't be a secret considering that they announced that they already exist. How many of them do you think Apple needs? 100,000? How many can they make a day? This is all about production obviously, but someone has to know.