or Connect

Posts by Brian Green

fred-lj, good point about the aluminum doing more than looking nice. That's where all the PB's will have a heat dissipating advantage. When it comes to the 12" getting the 970 I think you're on target with that one too. I also think that Apple is looking to shake things up with this transition. Going with a new OS point update and an all new architecture / CPU is going to really be stirring things up. I believe that Apple is well aware that people are going to get...
I have to admit that when it comes to Steve wanting to blow away the competition the best way for him to do that is to introduce BOTH the Power Book and the Power Mac with the 970. Most people seem to think that IBM is a small little farm company that couldn't possibly meet the demands of Apple processor requirements for both the PB and the PM. Get real. Moto is getting their ass handed to them by IBM. Not only is a company fab like IBM most certainly able to keep up...
I agree with the above statements. Those of us reading these forums and all the hints about the 970 will certainly wait for the 970 to be released before we purchase another Mac. I have several grand just waiting in the bank for the 15.4 Power Book with a 970 on the inside. A killer GPU would be a welcome improvement over current offerings as well. I look at buying computers like I look at buying cars. Sure, I have one now and it does get me around where I need it to,...
Willoughby This is what happened this time. Last login: Mon Apr 7 12:16:41 on ttyp1 Welcome to Darwin! [Brian-Greens-Computer:~] briangre% sudo rmdir /Hard\\ Disk\\ ToolKit* Password: rmdir: /Hard Disk ToolKit?PE?: Directory not empty [Brian-Greens-Computer:~] briangre% Seems that there are either invisible files in the folder that I can't see, and a ctrl-a doesn't include. As for your question regarding copying files to the folder, yes I can, and I can delete...
Willoughby, here's what happened. Last login: Mon Apr 7 12:13:25 on console Welcome to Darwin! [Brian-Greens-Computer:~] briangre% sudo rmdir /Hard\\ Disk\\ ToolKit??PE? [Brian-Greens-Computer:~] briangre% sudo rmdir /Hard\\ Disk\\ ToolKit?PE? Password: rmdir: /Hard Disk ToolKit?PE?: No such file or directory [Brian-Greens-Computer:~] briangre% It says there that no such file or directory exists. Well the folder is there and rather visible, so I'm not sure why it's...
I need help deleting a folder placed on my hard drive when I installed Hard Disk Tool Kit PE from the disc that came with the latest Mac World Magazine (Digital Hub Special Edition). It installed the Disk Tool Kit PE folder onto my hard drive and will not allow me to move it to Trash. When I right click it I don't even see the Move To Trash option. I'm sure there's a way to nuke that folder, I just don't know how. I've tried the more obvious things like ensuring that...
Ever thought about what it would be like for all new Play Station games (Play Station 3) to be 100% OS X Cocoa rendered?
Once again moki has spoken and eased the tension that was issued out with the 2004 comment. However, I have some ideas here that may be considered for the mind blowing 2004 date. I know the DOD is working with 3D displays for reasons I won't discuss. The 3D displays may end up being the next leap forward in computing, even if it's hard to imagine now, just like the 1984 Mac was. Here's another thought. Apple chose a breed of apple called the Macintosh. There are...
I have a question for you all learned individuals out there. With the 970 coming and the Power Mac evolving, will there be any changes to LCD monitor connections? I'm curious about this because I'm going to be buying a Power Mac when the 970 is included and I'd like to buy an LCD monitor before hand and have it here for when the PM finally is introduced and ships to the masses of drooling Mac users. But before I spend a significant amount of cash on a good LCD...
I agree, it would be great to have these new machines (970's) sooner rather than later, especially when the new iMovie update requests 700 MHz G3 or better. I bet that upsets a healthy portion of mac users. I'm using an iBook 600 MHz, and it's really slow, so the sooner they'll give us the 970's, the sooner we can all migrate to the new Apple processor. By the way, does anyone know what happened that caused such a massive delay in the intro of the 17"? Did a ship...