or Connect

Posts by Brian Green

And this I can work with. You, having converted many people like I have are likely dealing with people in your immediate family who look to you as their own personal "tech support", just like I have. I've 12 people in my family using Macs, all above the age of 55 (yea baby-boomers). While the direction Lion is taking may be appealing to those working in graphics, or other visual industries, I'm dealing with an aunt who's 68 years old and intimidated by a trackpad, much...
Because I disagree with the way Lion is turning out, and that I'm not praising the design of the OS, it's color palette, and it's elimination of scrollbars, is reason enough to suggest that my opinion as a lifelong Mac user holds no merit here? There are plenty of people in this thread who are very happy with the direction the OS is taking, and they've made their points. When I asked what would make me pleasantly surprised by Lion, you suggest I not be allowed to post? ...
I'd never take advice from someone who has a gray screen by choice. You certainly aren't the rule, you're the exception. The iOS has one or two people buying Apple products because it's colorful. You must really hate that. I do have an iPhone and I won't give it up. It has far more color on the puny screen than I've seen in Lion so far. As for your Windows comment, you're clearly mistaken, I've been with Mac since System 7. I've never owned a Windows PC, and the...
You say I may be pleasantly surprised, by what might I ask? I've seen the same screen captures you have. What is it that I may find so pleasing? You're talking to someone that was elated when 10.0 came out and I got to experience aqua after 9.2. My first 600 MHz iBook (my first laptop ever) ran both OS's and I used them both. I loved the look of OS X. I loved seeing my friends who were Windows lovers (and some still are today) looking at how fantastic it looked on...
You are the kind of guy that prefers all gray and boring? Steve said we'd want to lick the screen. From what I've seen so far, I don't eve want to look at the UI. It's just not at all appealing. It's like the only color they have to work with is gray. That may have been acceptable prior to HD screens, but these days, it's like we're being forced to be colorblind. The world is full of color, and Mac OS X used to be. Now it's gray upon gray upon gray. Someone ought...
So we're left with bland and boring gray crap instead? I remember those days. I started using Macs with System 7. There's no way that I see Lion as a step forward. The "gloss" is what makes the Apple OS so noticeably different. Lion seems to be striving toward mediocrity. It doesn't even look appealing on an HD screen. If they don't get their act together and make it look at least as good as Snow Leopard, it'll be the first OS I refuse to upgrade to since I started....
I was thinking the same thing. This doesn't excite me in the least. It looks completely boring, uninspired, and completely off-putting. They may as well force everyone to have a completely gray desktop too and be done with it. It's like they are all coding for those piece of crap CRT monitors. What's the point in having a high definition display if everything is washed out, bland, boring, and uninspiring? When did Apple decide to look so boring? Steve ought to get...
In my opinion, Apple has to be very careful here. They have a substantial lead and it is critical that they not drop the ball now. We've seen what happens when they dropped the ball in the past, and the competition came in to crush them into the ground. I think it's high time that it's Apple pulverizing the competition into the ground. I skip generations of Apple tech as a standard rule. It's also in response to those two year contracts AT&T has. I am using an...
Exactly! I'd much rather have a larger sensor than a higher megapixel count.
The article states that the 3GS will see a baseband improvement. Does baseband mean actual phone use? My 3GS used to never drop calls, or sound lousy when making calls. I've noticed more and more that phone calls on my 3GS aren't what they used to be. Anyone know if baseband improvements will help with actual phone calls?