or Connect

Posts by friedmud

(BTW: I don't know why there is all the hate for the video around here... I thought it was good. It was quick and showed the relevant new features with a decent voice over. Can't please everyone I suppose!) The Music App looks better.. but Apple still has a long way to go to catch up to Spotify. I was a die hard iTunes user. Literally purchased music only from there since about 2005. Late last year I decided to give Beats a try. I enjoyed having access to a wider...
 And another one for the blocked list.... And to stay on topic: Over 2M is a great number!  I only hope that Apple can ramp up their supply!
Not quite: they may not sell 10M total in your second scenario because people who cannot easily get one may get turned off and never come back to buy.Pissing off your customers just to play accounting/media games isn't always a great idea.I mean: I'm a pretty huge Apple fan.... But even I am not happy that I stayed up until 3AM and still didn't get one on launch day...
Sorry I wasn't clear: I was just using round numbers and 1M was handy.  I don't know what real numbers of watches they should have made... but I guarantee you they had good forecasts about how many they were expecting to sell in the first few months... and I know that it was much higher than what they had on hand starting last night. I know Cook doesn't like inventory... but no one in their right mind wants a two month backlog of orders either.  He wouldn't have made a...
Damn. :-) I was slowed down because I was using Gift Cards to fund my purchase (I thought ahead and asked for Apple store gift cards from all of my extended family for Christmas :-)... and the iPhone and iPad apps weren't letting me do that.  I had to wait for the website to come up... then had to put in all of my gift card info. In that time my 42mm SS black sports band slipped to 4-6 weeks.  Sigh. It's good to hear that some people are actually going to get one on launch...
I don't quite buy this. There are really only 8 "models" that matter: silver aluminum, black aluminum, silver SS, black SS and each in 38mm and 42mm.  The bands can be matched later and stuffed in boxes easily... so they could have made 1M of each of these types of watches (8M total) and had them sitting there ready to have a band stuffed in it and shipped out.  That shouldn't cause a delay until June. Something else is going on here.  I suspect that there really was a...
The band size is not directly dictated by the watch size: https://store.apple.com/Catalog/regional/amr/pdf/static/pdf/content/Watch_Sizing_Guide.pdf Several of the bands have multiple sizes.... even for the _same_ size watch (38mm or 42mm).
This is overblown. I use it a LOT...and yes, there are problems... but I would say it's about 1/20 of the times I use it there is an issue. I still would have answered the questions with an "affirmative" that there are problems: but saying that everyone is having problems doesn't really represent how frequent or pervasive those problems are. So far, my favorite place to use it is at the Shaw's Star Market Grocery store. When you use Apple Pay there it literally doesn't...
An extra lightning port on the side could be used to dock the thing horizontally.  I remember that some of the early leaks of the original iPad _also_ contained a side port like that... but when it came out it was nowhere to be found.   I'm not saying that's what it is or what it's for... just an idea :-)
Love the screenshots! Simply can't wait to get my watch! Going to be crazy useful while commuting on the bus, subway and a lengthy walk. Being able to quickly see updates during the 3 hours I spend everyday traveling back and forth is going to be a godsend. I can only suspect that people that don't see the utility in this thing must just sit in front of a desk all day that they drive to and from in 10 minutes in their own cars. Anyone "on the go" daily can see the...