or Connect

Posts by friedmud

Sigh. "Audiophiles". Go back to buying $10,000 ethernet cables ( http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/audioquest-ethernet-cables-pt2-ethernet-cable ) and leave the rest of us to discuss the _real_ world :-)
You haven't used any lately then. Currently typing this with Beats Wireless Studio headphones on while smashed into a subway car on my morning commute :-) . They are widely regarded as being expensive but also sounding great. Personally, they're the best headphones I've ever listened to... sound quality is way above Bose for instance (I know that's not saying much but Bose are the main competitor in this price and feature segment: wireless, noise canceling, over the ear...
Looks like Internet Explorer...
https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/2466137?hl=en"You'll need a data connection once a day to tap and pay, and every time you need to enter your PIN or want to change/add payment sources."
Apple isn't enforcing exclusivity. In order to use Google Wallet you have to have an Internet connection (at least once per day)... that's pretty inconvenient on an airplane...
Apple Pay does NOT require any kind of Internet connection...
I've been learning Swift over the last couple of weeks. As a full-time C and Python developer it really just feels like a combination of those two (stronger typing and compiling like C with a lot of the array, dictionary, looping of Python). I'm using it to create an OSX/iOS/AppleWatch (yes - targeting all three) app. I never did like Objective-C... all the damn square-brackets are just plain garish and a lot of the extra symbol "sprinklings" (like @ signs...
Three-finger-drag man! Get with the times! Seriously, once you get used to it you never go back...
 Read the article. The new part is that you can leave Personal Hotspot _off_ on your phone but you can have your iPad/Mac tell your phone to turn on Personal Hotspot when you want (ie you don't have to manually go turn Personal Hotspot on/off any more).
 The iPhone's hotspot is _not_ broadcast when using this feature... at all. When you're not using it Personal Hotspot is off... so no broadcasting. When you are using it I just verified that no one else can see the Wifi network... it's essentially a totally private connection between my iPad and my iPhone...