or Connect

Posts by friedmud

I was actually thinking about the Launcher the other day for iOS and wondering how it would be with the new launcher from the watchb(with the round icons, etc). I think it would actually be pretty cool and pretty nice to use on a bigger screen. I doubt they'll do it though... it's one thing that really makes the watch special right now.
I gotta disagree with this (so much of this stuff is subjective and personal like this). I really like how the watch and phone both give you info while you're driving.In my car my phone is on Bluetooth and is docked right by my speedometer.. so it's useful to glance at for directions. I usually like to listen to music and I love the way Apple Maps pulls the volume of the music down to give you directions.To me, the Watch just adds a little bit to this scenario. I don't...
I certainly don't hate it!  I'm talking about how I don't think it will be around forever... but that doesn't mean I don't like it! It's super smooth... and was definitely a good idea to get our fingers off the screen.  I agree that it makes the watch look better (looks more like a watch) and I actually like having something physical to manipulate.... helps to keep the watch "grounded" somehow. All that said: I still don't think it will be around forever.  The click-wheel...
I honestly don't know what you're talking about here.  If you're talking about iMessage you're way off... because "Read" status of iMessages are already synced between all devices via iCloud.  There are a few places where it's not perfect (opening my laptop after it's been off for a while will generally result in quite a few iMessages coming in... but they go away instantly too) but for the most part it works. It actually works really well.  Next time you get an iMessage...
I just tried this and I don't think it's true.  It seems to me that the content only starts scrolling once my finger barely touches the actual screen. I started with my finger way off to the side on the right and started rubbing it up and down (I know what you're thinking!  Cut it out!) and kept slowing moving it closer to the screen.  The content wouldn't start moving until just the tiniest piece of my finger "touched" the area where the actual screen is. The screen _is_...
 The crown is actually really nice.  Scrolls really smoothly... and like another poster said you don't need to pinch it at all... just roll your finger across it.  You get used to it pretty quickly. I will say though: I've already had to rinse out my digital crown a couple of times.  Yes... RINSE... with water!  This is actually what Apple tells you to do: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204639 The crown gets gunk behind it (sweat, dust, etc.) and starts to not feel...
Apple already has patents for reading fingerprints through a regular screen.  If you force touch and hold on the screen while it scans your fingerprint... that should be good for unlocking. Being able to do this anywhere on the screen will be a bonus over having to hit the home button specifically.  Not too mention that removal of a physical button leads to less failure (do a google search for "iphone home button failed") But: None of this is huge stuff for sure.  I'm just...
Force touch is definitely coming to iOS devices. No doubt. What I'm wondering though... where does the digital crown go from here? Personally, I think that just like the iPod click wheel you compared to... the digital crown isn't going to stick around. Seems to me that after a couple of generations they can replace it easily by making the side/edge of the watch touch sensitive. You never know with Apple though... For instance, they have definitely kept a physical home...
No: that's the whole thing I AM using one right now. Like I might actively be holding my phone, surfing on it and everything still rings. It knows not to do that with iMessage... so why phone calls?At the very least it could start to ring the device you're using right now, and then ring other devices later (again, like the way iMessage works)Another thing about the ringing that drives me crazy is that it doesn't stop when I answer the phone. It's often the case that one...
I agree: it works fine on my Mac for me as well.The exception: Phone calls. Everything freaking rings. I'm sitting at my Mac Pro with my laptop open on my desk, my iPad in my bag, iPhone in my pocket, Watch on my wrist... and a phone call comes in.OMG. The WORLD ERUPTS. Drives me crazy. On the other hand... there are times when I went to answer on any of those devices so I don't want to disable it.Hopefully they'll fix it soon...