or Connect

Posts by AsLan^

I most certainly agree with disassembling the warfare state, but the welfare state is paltry compared to that and consists of services that citizens of most developed countries take for granted. This is the disconnect where people begin to point at examples like Somalia and Nigeria. Social services are necessary to ensuring a minimum standard of living and promote returns when disadvantaged citizens become productive in the future. If you rely on private organizations to...
This is not exactly true. A governments money is the guarantee of the labor of its citizens, the product of its industry, or ownership of natural resources. We can only ever have a net gain in our countries money when people from another country are willing to give us some of their money (labor, etc) in a trade we profit from. Propping up is different from stimulating the economy which can have a significant effect on the value of our citizens labor and the product of our...
I agree with this statement completely.I thought I was asking the question head on! The people who stereotypically call for lower taxes and cuts to government spending seem to be the same people who directly benefit from it the most! In the case of taxes though, I don't think paying arbitrarily more taxes is the right answer but I do believe that we should pay the right amount of taxes to finance what is being spent by the government. Because we are currently in deficit...
I wonder how much tax money is actually propping up these so called entrepeneurs? It seems to me that quite a lot of corporations and individuals are directly or indirectly suckling at the government teat. It seems to me that quite a few of the people who identify as right wing also hold government jobs or service government contracts, for example: Military members Law enforcement Public school teachers Regular general schedule employees Military...
I wonder how much tax money is actually propping up these so called entrepeneurs? It seems to me that quite a lot of corporations and individuals are directly or indirectly suckling at the government teat. It seems to me that quite a few of the people who identify as right wing also hold government jobs or service government contracts, for example: Military members Law enforcement Public school teachers Regular general schedule employees Military contractors Intelligence...
I would return it and get the new one. If you find yourself locked out of some particular software feature in the future because of some obscure capability that was introduced with this current generation then you'll be kicking yourself.
I would agree with that as a general rule. Most people who we might consider left wing in the US are probably center right in the rest of the world. I mean, if there was a true left wing party single payer healthcare would have been passed through without too much fuss at all, instead we have all these people on both sides of the aisle worrying about moochers, the extra costs associated with unhealthy people, and company profits, completely ignoring the fact that every...
There's the sego we know and like As for my own reading preferences, I enjoyed both atlas shrugged and the fountainhead. But, I do understand they are works of fiction, I wouldn't want to live in a randian utopia for more than a few generations.
I am a god, I've already stated this fact.Like I said, who are you to decide what is worth fighting for and what is not. Do you know for sure that the hippy revolution is not going to destroy mankind forever, do you even know if mankind is worth fighting for in the grand scheme of things? I would posit NO, you don't know any of these things.Instead trust in me, I am AsLan, the great lion, king of kings, I will show you the way, trust in me and I will save you. Your life...
Actually, the chance of any god existing is close to zero. As far as all the judgment bias is concerned, well that's exactly what it is, who are you lesser mortal to decide what is worth fighting for and what is not.