or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

slim and none.  I doubt the M7 would be that dual purpose (although it's really a dumbed down ARM processor), and you wouldn't want someone to hack into your motion detection to get to your bank account.  Single purpose chip seems a better path. If I'm reading correctly, the additional Secure enclave would be the central enabling technology (all your credit card info are encrypted in HW).So the real question is whether the A7 secure enclave is extensible to support this....
.... and if the iPhone 6 family has special hardware that optimizes the experience....  If you're pimping your product, and you have special sauce for the iWatch, then you say, and we added a cool little capability to do X... Why? For those people who like to keep their phone in their pocket.  and yet be connected. to get information from your phone, and give information TO your phone. Why would we do that? ;-)   Well, we have a little thing we think you might be...
are you sure your name isn't herbperboule'? but it's market is much more capped by the phone at the bottom, and the laptop at the top. While we are moving into the Post-PC world, it will take 10 years to iterate through the laggards.   in Phones, it's 6 years. And I do think that we still have to address the real growth market, which is AppleID/CreditCard ("I spend money in the app store and in app purchases").  Unlike HW market share, buyers club market share and the...
Especially when they gave it away (I was at one of those 'schools').   It was the long game of 'the first taste is free.'  Hook the kids, and 10 years later, take away 'free' and replace with 'credits' (buy the OS at volume cost/discount, and bet Server Integration services for free), and then take those away, and basically say, 'ask HP/Lenovo/Dell for discounts on the HW'.
 one would think evolution would hint to what is optimal in heat and sun (Look at indigenous people's from in the tropics or high plains).   White skin is NOT designed for optimal heat dissipation... it's designed for 'maximum' heat/UV absorption (because outside of the tropics, we needed all the vitamin D and external heat possible) What works for a building that has no evaporative cooling and high connectivity (white roof, white bus on top of UPS truck), isn't...
This is the old model.  Geographic distribution rights.  It will change. HBO will likely be the the bad guy for a while, until they figure out how to make an Apple TV model feasible.   but they have to rewrite their contracts with the cable cos.   My guess in 6 years from now HBO will write bypasses into contracts (CableCo,you pay us(HBO) $5 for every HBO subscriber on your net, we'll pay you $1 [assuming non-net nuetrality] toll for every internet user that pays us $7.99...
I see the long game forming.  (US Centric, TL:DR for the rest of the world).   'Networks' (Let's not call them 'cable' networks vs broadcast... they are just content owners) are looking to disintermediate  cable networks.   Step 1:  create a web/social media presence to measure internet market Step 2:  create non-broadcast content that you can't get over cable to measure 'capable demand'  (those that can easily get internet content and will) Step 3:  Create...
I do not use a case anymore (4s).  Nor does my wife (5).  We both have them, but we stopped using them.   Stop with your absolutes. (That said, we both cracked our phones this year. ;-( ).
I dunno, for me... knowing where the lens is is a big deal and knowing I just put a greasy french fry ketchup smudge on it as I line up my food tweet shot is important. ;-);-) But in reality, in trade off on tapered ends (feels good), and larger lens assembly (better pictures), I doubt that Jony et al will say, Absolutely not. and I _do_ like a registration point for my fingers. 
yes they would. But their short term goal is to get the Television and Cable channel networks to PAY THEM A LOT to not let you watch such drivel on your iDevice. Their long term goal is to bypass the Television and Cable networks and make all the subscription fees and  advertising money their own. Apple... just want's their xx% from in-app purchases. Follow the Money.