or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

yep.  The new iPad is basically is PC zippy for casual users.  my iPad 2 is still usable, compared to my 2009 White Macbook.    But the new Air 2 is not a Macbook Pro, and 2GB memory... remember every one and their mother complains of MacBooks shipping with 4GB of memory  and not being field upgradable.  Running a 'full' OS (real multitasking, real multi-user) means a lot of context switching, which means a lot of cache flushing, etc, etc. Just turning up the clock speed...
which is 4 year old architecture.   But Intel needs to ship Broadwell to keep it's power/performance curve lead. Figure 3 years (A11) before you see enough systems guts to legitimately say 'you could make a pretty darn good laptop out of this chip' 
Think of it this way...  Apple is up 6 DELL's today. 2 and 1/2 BlackBerry's A Best Buy Half a IntuitHalf a Hilton just on 90 day data. Note most 'analysts' had them at 40B or higher.  going up 5% (30Billion in value) is a huge headwind when you're the LARGEST CAPPED COMPANY IN THE FREE (U.S.) WORLD! I'm hoping for a repeat of this period... Note a short peak on Q4 earnings report ... then a 30 day drop (shorters)... then a 'whoa' by the market in December... and up over...
Well this is interesting... If you think you want a tablet to replace your windows laptop... look at an iPad and next to is is a 11" Macbook Air at 899. and a 13' at $999.  You've looked at the iPad and thought while good, it's not for you... because for a couple hundred dollars more you get the keyboard, and the larger screen and the zippy performance.  You see the better construction and all the headaches you've had with your Dell/HP/Lenovo laptop, and you say, I'd be...
killed time going to lunch with my beloved, and updating to Yosemite at the same time Came back, and now I'm downloading 8.1(3 hours remaining... getting peaks of 1Mpbs, but the 10 second samples show predominantly 100-200KBps) Tick tock... Off to do an errand.
from my mac's iTunes.... (just because I'm about to spend the day driving), it's not even allowing connections.  well... We're Waiting!
At this point, you are in the point of diminishing returns.  AAPL can't double in size again faster than the market (heck, it IS the market;-)It's 'safer' to just invest 'carefully' with AAPL (limited growth, acceptable income), and get back into small/midcaps. and any index fund that doesn't have big investments 'against' AAPL;-) Remember, Apple sells 1 tangible product (iPhone and don't own a 50+ percent market advantage), and arguably target only 25% of the human race....
I would normally disagree (and I'll niggle a little... that 'users' don't need access, but prosumers do), but there has to be a hobbyist level system path.  The Mac Pro isn't that.  The mini should have more user expandability than disk drives (especially since you got 2 TB2s for that sort of expansion.   Memory is the next click, and then after that is CPU and Graphics. Sigh. The other side of me is basically thinking Apple is looking at these as computing units.   You...
  The teardown will be important.  they definitely are no touting the end-user ability to open up the base anymore.If you can replace the internal PCIe drives on the high end.  that would be a good thing (TM),   But I would argue a 256GB SSD PCIe drive internal and TB2 external drives should give you enough storage umph for colo/server work.   Thebest thing about a mini is it's Power/Thermal footprint.   TB2 RAID drives should saturate any i5 data wise. And we'll have to...
That's what 3rd parties are for. 99% of the public doesn't need a reader.  why build it into the base?