or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

Rolex unless something happened overnight is privately held (it's a Swiss thing).  They are not a Swatch Subsidiary/brand (not that I'd care, but my watch collection consists of 3 Rolexes my dad gave me...  He being an US Air Force guy, Rolex was officer bling in the 50's ;-)     From Wikipedia.... these are the Swatch Family of watches Prestige and Luxury Range Breguet Harry Winston Blancpain Glashütte Original Jaquet Droz Léon Hatot Omega  High...
IBM has an army of 10,000's of developers/contractors around the globe, and a way to productize a custom developed app (they have another army of 10,000 tech writers and marketing folk).   IBM sees enterprise problems, can develop the solution on the clients dime (client funded R&D), generalize it with a low infusion of product development $$, and push it out the door to every other enterprise client. Given IBM's Analytics/Big Data bent,  iOS integration into their...
I prefer to think that after 3 generations IphoneIphone 4Iphone 5s the smartphone market is pretty much matured.  There is a sweet spot that Apple has firmly entrenched as the Zeroth Tier.  There are first tier variants primarily on size, and 2nd tier variants on function and price.    If the functions aren't perfect, and align with human expectations, it's a tough row to hoe.   There will be no iPhone Killer... The thing that kills the iPhone will be something that...
 I remember when I went to work for Big Big Pharma, and the mantra for Big P Project Management (like drug projects), was "The entire purpose for project management is to eliminate all reasons to say 'YES' to this compound as a profitable drug as quickly as possible.  That allows us to kill them early and focus those R&D monies on those proven to improve medicine."  In essence, the goal of management is to maximize profits by minimizing R&D on 'proven losers,' and instead,...
The 3 was axed already;-) It didn't live past the 4 (lightning).   My guess is the 3 will be 'unsupported' at the same time the 2 is. iPad sales will 're-ramp' when1) TouchID is embedded (turn off to lock, press to unlock... a key requirement for corporate types)2) a 12" or larger is shipped to meet corp/professional customer needs (those 14-15" laptops)3) in about 3 years, when all these schools/colleges/students matriculate their devices into next equipment.4) the next...
on the first point, then you're arguing a point that chitalka is not addressing or caring about.  straw man argument.  I agree on your point, but it's not on point.   on the 2nd.   doesn't mean that at all, since there are no numbers that relate to units... just 'impressions'   
For all intents and purposes, it's 'active eyeballs'   Not number of tablets in the market. tablet market share in standard parlance is the percentage of sales of a tablet in a particular time period.     web usage marketshare in this context isn't even that.  it's 'Ad-Impressions' on a Chitakla monitored sites. Now in ad markets, one looks at 'demographics' and that's what this is best showing... If you put an ad out there 78% of the time it's being seen by an iOS user....
In other words 'Analysts, even with guidance, were WRONG' from April:  37Billion      Check 39% gross margin Check CheckHighest EPS in 7 Quarters  (low expenses) These Analysts guys are wrong even when given the answers;-)
relative to total tablet web usage. Which could have dropped dramatically compared to laptop web usage. All soft numbers.    78% of 20 is not a very big number compared to 76% of 20,000,000,000. Which gets to the bottom line point...  Chitaka is getting paid to advise people on how to advertise where.... their market is 'ad impressions sales' not tablet sales. I can't wait for AdBlock Plus for iOS;-)
read both articles... no where did they state- absolute usage comparisons (ad impressions per page, total web usage, usage by platform, usage per platform unit) For all I know, one iPad is stuck in a query loop to a chitaka monitored site and is driving up the stats. Bottom line, there is not hard anchor to this.   10's of millions could be 11million or eleventy-million-milion.and it all could be gizmodo.com ads.  or amazon.com.   impressions could be DOWN quarter over...