or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

sigh. You know that Mac OS was ported FROM Intel (White NeXTSTEP) to the G3.   It wasn't that secret.
iMac?  ports? I agree that the 'trickledown' of this to the Mac Mini may lead to a problem of dual porting, but an 'all-in-1' solution, with advanced Thunderbolt (3?) or dual TB2 ports for a 2nd monitor is an outlier market.  If you need more than 2 monitors, UHD and size (given the total 'field' of vision) is adequate.  If you need 4 4K or multiple 5Ks, you are definitely in a small niche of users that "should" be addressed with future (likely way way in the future) Mac...
Sorry that doesn't compute $190B of $4Trillion is almost 25% loss rate.  That's too high.  Hyperbole. My guess it's a 10th of that. 2.5% seems like a reasonable number given my understanding of retail loss prevention.and it's the merchants who pay that fraud cost in the end (not the banks) Merchants will love toa) reduce this to zerob) split the profits (that's 1.2% more efficient operations)c) if also reduces cash register staffing labor time all the better.d) if it...
Apple has the ability to scale this worldwide.  There are hundreds of payment processors. None doing the end to end security Apple just brought to the table. Credit/Debut spend: 12Billion a day.  US only.   First year: Apple gets 2% gross profit (after paying Visa for the right to do this for them, as they banking network) of  the net transaction as revenue. First year: Apple gets 1% of the first year credit/debit sales...  120M a day in sales2% of that 2.4Million a day....
true. Or left handers. (crown on the other side).
He lived to 'spokes' another day...   and his cut of 500,000,000 in album sales in one day.  That buys a lot of Jameson's to staunch the pain of lying to tech reporters. Tymmy 'Durden' Cook advised him of the first rule of Apple Events http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/182095/u2-says-reports-of-apple-tie-up-for-iphone-6-are-untrue#post_2589598
Sigh.   13 years ago...  Is there anyone who could have pictured today back then?   The Forefather of all things mobile (I first misspelled that... and it corrected to 'noble'... maybe that's more befitting).   Same day as the 3.5" screen retired (well, that's not for sure, but it's not in the U.S. subsidized pricing model).   Culling of the herd.
sigh... 20 years ago,  the National Academy of Sciences said that people needed universal access to all their heatlh information.  I knew and worked with people at Mayo who tried to convince the powers that be that they should have build an internet database for everyone's health information (wasn't the government, wasn't the insurance companies, was a major referring healthcare center, and had experience handling big data [they had 4,000,000 patient records... what was...
well, in the 'the market of one' department, Moving from a 4s, 4.7" will suffice for me and those like me.   But I don't begrudge Apple selling a larger one... (if/when) they do, as long as the aren't driving a 'either/or' upselling  decision   if announced tomorrow (if not available), and the larger one has better battery life, or more 'wow' factors other than smaller screen, I'll be upset. If it's basically an Ipad Mini/RD vs iPad Air sort of features/pricing model,...
actually the retailers negotiate with a middleman (Payment card Processor).  They are the ones that wire up that final mile between the the retailers and the credit card cos (who then deal with the issuing banks). And yes, I think Apple will 'negotiate' with retailers (in typical apple fashion... here's our stock deal, take it or pound sand... I'm looking at you, VERIZON).   But, like apple deals with every appleID user, and every registered developer, Apple understands...