or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

But like a broken clock, their right a couple times a day. Common sense would tell me that all products that are in the pipeline for 2014 are pretty much specced down to the chips at the moment, and any recent hires that have particular skills will not have any significant input this year.
Troll dissection. line 1:  amazingly bad analysis.   the realtime assessment of the text and determination of type and appropriate actions against it not 'basically a link.' line 2:  Red Herring... don't blame Samsung for following the rules of the game (however bad they are in the US, they are the rules),  instead the author now infers that apple data detectors are as innovative as applying fire to sliced bread. Line 3:  out of left field author introduces something not...
Apple's phased adoption is par for the course.   Did Retina Display deploy on all systems same year?  802.11ac?  Building into the flagship (and best unit selling) device now drives to a 'base support' of cool stuff, without causing recourse constraints across the board. TouchID's real value isn't in iOS7.  It will be in iOS9, when 50% of all devices (and 90% of new sales) will have TouchID, and the OS and security critical apps will have it (Confirm stock...
the individual sales market isn't the target for this... large institutional (and I think Universities are top in line for this, followed by Sales Force Automation, followed by a TLA agency of the gov't).   A million individual voices aren't a big deal (apple knows most will grit their teeth and buy a 10") , however, committments to 5-10K unit sales over a couple years is a big deal, as would be 'we love your iPads, but we can get XXX to develop our big app on the Android...
we have to wait 9 months to see how many children born to AI staff are named Ming.   I mean rumor orgy volume is at 11 on this one.
I'm one of the 1-2 percent of iTunes Radio listeners that bought content.  But truth be told, I probably buy more music through Shazam on iTunes, than iTunes Radio. and I agree with this.   I'm finding I buy 'deep tracks' from the old stuff [pre-1990].   I rarely[never] buy new [2011-on] stuff.   I look at my kids (now adults), and a large percentage [25-35%] of their music is 'my' music, from before they were born. I think the over all tenet of this article is... ITMS is...
OS is so 1990's... it will be just DropBox... the ecosystem. iCloudGoogle+Office365AmazonPrimeDropBox.
I saw Carousel and thought of the meta-meta-product linkage....   Well played, Dropbox. Well Played.
 The fact that I saw ARM emblazoned on the broadcom baseband module rang this bell for me. A7 M7.... R7... N7     As I hypothesized yesterday, there may be things that Apple can do at the very low levels of the IP stack and the baseband encoding that could be done better on, say (highly speculative), the GPUs on the A*. and you may want to build special comm capabilities into the guts of the radio unique to the Apple space...  I keep on thinking Pcell  and/or mesh...