or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

Indeed. Apple will pick and choose industrial trade shows from here on out when the enter major markets, but they are a) large enough, and b) retail enough, to control their message to the industry with their own Dev Conference.    That 2nd point is key.   You don't see Trade Magazines have a 'Target World' or 'Walmart Week' and expect the namesake to show up (for free) and provide content. If anything, Apple will buy a print/online media brand, and co-opt it into it's own...
Not quite, unless they buy with a loan.  Finland's GDP is about $USD247B (41st)Apple's last year was $USD175B  (about 57th...)   But Finland's a laggard in generating income. Apple would be better off buying Ireland (45th). Keep those tax benefits (or change the law so only Apple gets them, and then gouge Google, MS, Exxon, etc), and a decent supply of Jameson's and Guinness for the Staff Cafe.   But speaking of that... did anyone ever read Islands On the Net?  Sci Fi when...
not that long, IPad 3 to iPad 4.   was what... 6 months?
or 8.1 fixes it.
Yep.   Remember when the iPod line was consuming Flash RAM at a rate faster than the market could handle, and Apple was buying it 2+ years in advance (effectively paying for the factory to get 100% of the output of it), effectively locking competitors out of the space. the 25% number seems high (unless they have a new device that is DRAM fat... oh, say a set top box with local DVR capabilities.), but I can mentally justify 20% given the mix of iPods/Pads/Phones/MBAs they...
Or they cancel the iPad mini line.   I don't think they'll ever  increase the pixels on the Mini, and eventually they will on on the 10" iPad. making a 5.5 iPod allows for a lot (all but the radios and antennas) of reuse between iPhone and the iPod.  That's gotta be a price benefit, compared to having a completely different supply chain for the iPad Mini. 3.5 (still supported)4"4.7"5.5"8"10"(12?) That's a lot of sizes.  I see 3.5 deprecating next year, but I think the 4"...
It all depends on the last quarter, which we should know in 2 weeks (maybe even hinted at in 3 days)But looking quickly at asymco.com... Apple has shipped north of 76million phones for the first 6 months, and the jul-sep quarter is usually higher than the apr-jun quarter, which would put it between 36-40 million. Last year it shipped over 50M phones, assuming a demand for the larger phones, 25% growth to 63 million on this is conservative To me, the question is this time...
in the mac line:  If you're making 5 Million computers every 90 days, that's 55,000 devices a day, and assuming 1 screen per device, that's about 1 display per second.  as for retina on the iMac... a greater power envelope to exploit... No batteries to worry about.
Hence the FBI's concern.   They've been able in the past to 'fish through' phones and gmail accounts etc surreptiously, because the lock was either trivial and the remote access didn't require a court order (or at worst a FISA court order). Apple's design change to not escrow any keys has basically pushed that court order away from Apple (and in a FISA order, Apple was compelled not to leak the fact they were allowing the gov't access to an individual's data) and directly...
[edit... redundant]  Apple Stores SELL.  Bose doesn't want to be the one telling their high net worth customers to hoof it to another store to buy earphones that are slightly better than Beats or Sennheiser or HK or whatever Apple places at eye level.  Apple doesn't care, and has lawyers that are battle tested, and a war chest that could chew Bose up. I'm sensing the dropping off the shelves was Apple Telling Bose, 'how much is this worth to you?'  and Bose saying, "not...