or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

Disrupting the pricing model from a .99c iPhone to a 999 MBA,  that would be a "Whoa, Duude!" moment.   But it didn't and won't happen in a press release.   Bean Counters or no, those moments require Tim or Craig standing in front of a Keynote screen that screams, "Inexpensive, but not Cheap!"    Tim has always fought to keep the price tight to the market's ability to undercut it.   You may find a cheaper all-in-1 (yes, I'm an Old DEC hand), computer, but the vendor won't...
 "If you [need] a stylus, [you] blew it"   - While   Steve is Dead, I'm sure this is still echoing in the halls. this is probably closer to the case.  Lines can get finer when youa) have more pixels per sq inb) you have more inches per displayc) you have more computational/display/memory power underneath the display. As Metal and A8 and if the rumors hold for a 'professional iPad'  (sort of like the 17" Macbook Pro), then I think Apple has done what it can.  If you need to...
You appear to have forgotten the first rule of media:  Reporting and analyzing rumors is much better than reporting on facts.   You're never late, and never wrong.
To me...  the mockup appears to have the camera and the home button almost engineeringly[;-)] too close to the edge (you may be able to connect/fuse the back/front [harder due to multiple strata] and the edge together it, but that's got to be an extremely weak point for fracturing.) But I agree, the guts of the 6 are MUCH more important than the veneer (and it appears to be almost that... a thin layer between us and the golden guts).  Beyond what's listed above, what about...
because on the server it has to do what servers do: provide services.   Even between MTAs, it decrypts the message from the sender, and 'routes' it.  It knows sender and reciever, it sees all the headers. It has to know if it has to put it in your mail store.  If it does, and you're using default settings, it will 'scan' your message for it's postini rules for spam, malware, etc.   It can't do that unless it decrypts. Open PGP takes work by the end users to implement. the...
There's a difference between end to end encryption and point to point encryption. You and your recipient(list) need to work to get end to end encryption. No provider can do that, unless you're on the same platform.   point to point encryption... just makes it harder to read in transit... therefore the attack must occur on/in/behind one or both of the 'points.'   There is no reason to believe that encryption at rest means google can't read data.   It may make it...
If you only have one MD, (and no Dentist, no Ophthalmologist, no Pharmacist), you're a lucky guy, or under 25. I'm now closer to retirement than HS graduation... I've had 6 primary care physicians, 4 dermatologists, 1 EMG MD, 3 Cardiologists,  I changed employers 5 times, I've had 6 insurance changes (one employer switched carriers, and they switched networks, and therefore my in network physician was out of network).  4 Medical records held by group practices, And at...
Yeah.  Rights. I typed in High Blood Pressure into Google under Chrome
I agree with the numbers....   EXCEPT for the assumption that there will be a 10% sell through.   And the ASP.      The $250 for 'an accessory' won't cut it.    If it's over $199 I'll be surprised, given that a new phone in the US costs that much. 10% is high for 2015...   First off, no one with a 4, 4s, and likely a 5 will be able to use them to their full potential (I think the m7 chip will be critical), which means only 25% of the installed base (by their...
http://www.smarthome.com/3086/12-Inch-Diameter-Normally-Closed-Electronic-HVAC-Air-Duct-Damper-001-00020-12RDNC/p.aspx add insteon ... add this-> http://www.indigodomo.com/ (or go Zwave... or whatever...  I make no claim for the above, other than it works for me.... on my mac mini). This is _the_ thing.   Home automation is not having a whole bunch things that turn on/off automatically. Nest opened up 'learning your activity' and curve fitting to that pattern.    But when...