or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

I don't.   my mac and its time capsule are fine... thank you.     My wife however... she's on icloud.   just because she has no itunes discipline.
The difference between and Ecosystem and a hardware vendor.
you agree with my second point.   The Software world is leaving charging for OSes, and moving to selling compelling solutions to people's problems. until those people die.   What does free Windows do?  Sell other people's hardware?   Keep people updating their windows versions of Office?  Again, not a growth market,  especially if their children, who haven't developed a requirement for VBA macros embedded in their recipe card word documents to generate grocery lists, go...
Curious as to the timing. It really does appear that MS is targetting to 'Get back the Mac' for one reason or another: One Reason:to try to get people to move back to Windows by making all their software 'pretty good' on non MS OS systems, and GREAT on MS OSes and HW (the WinPhone/Surface/Windows triad... vs the iPhone/iPad/Mac)... hook them on the function... reel them back in with advanced capabilities only available on the whole MS stack (Azure, Office365, Windows,...
brand new may be a bit hyperbole, but my 4s is snappier.  Haven't put it through it's paces. I have noted that google mail downloads are slow today... however, I think that's on google's (or some MiTM) side.
still can't get my iPad2 to update OTA.   my 4s went well using iTunes download.
the market bellweather of one ('my needs').  The other 100Million people who may or may not need Word/Excel/PPT/Entourage  on their Mac probably have different criteria.  Microsoft not creating updated Mac versions, and releasing an iOS version are losing casual user when they buy their first iPad.   If they get them hooked on office on the mac/ipad, there is a fighting chance for them to buy Windows, and maybe even a Surface.  If not, the masses will leave Office, and and...
 Piling on in agreement. If the former, I think the key aspect is the base security architecture.  Right now, there appear to be a lot of linkages about one AppleID per Device, while nothing I've read about the TouchID, and the Secure Enclave says it can't, I'm having a hard time seeing 2 or more distinct individuals (appleIDs) sharing the same device in the TouchID enabled case.  And, in (maybe my imagined) theory, I would assume everything would have to be...
this is logical, IFF there is enough multi-tasking built in iOS 8 drive the parallelism.  You can't run single threads through multiple cpus.   Right now, I see 3 dominant processing threads, input monitoring, display management, the primary app, with all the attendant background apps running.  Given the performance envelope, This begs the question of 2 (or more)'primary' apps running, or greater decomposition of the primary/background apps.  If they can't see a dramatic...
meh, as I've stated before, std. corporate morality is figuring out the balance between making the maximum amount of profits, and the minimum amount of jail time.   If Apple can't market it's morality (its Greenness, its save the CA beaches,  its 'our workers are treated better on our assembly lines than other assembly lines [not saying much... we cap their non-OT hours at 60 per week, as opposed to 84]), it doesn't have play in decision making. As for Samsung.   Apple...