or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

If you only have one MD, (and no Dentist, no Ophthalmologist, no Pharmacist), you're a lucky guy, or under 25. I'm now closer to retirement than HS graduation... I've had 6 primary care physicians, 4 dermatologists, 1 EMG MD, 3 Cardiologists,  I changed employers 5 times, I've had 6 insurance changes (one employer switched carriers, and they switched networks, and therefore my in network physician was out of network).  4 Medical records held by group practices, And at...
Yeah.  Rights. I typed in High Blood Pressure into Google under Chrome
I agree with the numbers....   EXCEPT for the assumption that there will be a 10% sell through.   And the ASP.      The $250 for 'an accessory' won't cut it.    If it's over $199 I'll be surprised, given that a new phone in the US costs that much. 10% is high for 2015...   First off, no one with a 4, 4s, and likely a 5 will be able to use them to their full potential (I think the m7 chip will be critical), which means only 25% of the installed base (by their...
http://www.smarthome.com/3086/12-Inch-Diameter-Normally-Closed-Electronic-HVAC-Air-Duct-Damper-001-00020-12RDNC/p.aspx add insteon ... add this-> http://www.indigodomo.com/ (or go Zwave... or whatever...  I make no claim for the above, other than it works for me.... on my mac mini). This is _the_ thing.   Home automation is not having a whole bunch things that turn on/off automatically. Nest opened up 'learning your activity' and curve fitting to that pattern.    But when...
but they would bumping up against their Mac Pro low end.... I can't see a $1300 Retina iMac with Mac Pro like graphics. They will use the top of the line Haswell aligned Intel Graphics and something less than a D300 chipset as an upgrade. Apple's upgrade path here is to build out the obsolescence curve for future OSX releases, maintain a cost/performance envelope <$1500, and align with the market in terms of components and features. No.  Makes no sense.   That sort of...
I wouldn't go as as far as saying not interested, but I don't see them releasing an iMac with Retina/4K without an 'event' I feel this will be a '.5' upgradenew CPU new graphicsFusion Drive as the base drive.  HDMI 1.4ultra outputsame price. Current units drop in price, significantly if you're an educational buyer (that's the correct timing for Back to School sales).
The Mini:  I see it as being in the same footprint as the Airport Extreme, but 1/2-1/3 the height.  Maybe even a 1/2 cylinder of a Mac Pro, utilizing some of the cooling technologies... or even be passive cooling.    It can't be too small, as it will need 2 antenna to be an effective 802.11ac receiver. I see the superdrive being an add-on.  Apple will forge ahead with the 'all content is streaming content' design.
on the US government side, there is very little corruption on the HCFA/HHS side of the house.  The corruption is in the legislative branch.  Compared to the DoD, Medicare (which has driven coding standards for the last 40 years) has performed miracles without payoffs. pedantry:  physicians go to medical school, not graduate school... if they do go to graduate school (and/or residency), they've spent a lot of time on the beaucracy side of helping patients (most spend their...
agreed. the problem is wide and scary... Doctor's and Health Organizations are at odds with privacy in practice, because it slows down and/or lowers the quality of care in the happy path (no/low risk). Right now... because it's a finanical requirement all health systems have some level of diagnostic/procedure coding standardization, usually done quite manually (look at the jobs being offered to 'Medical Coders').    Internationally, HL7 is considered an ISO standard.   the...
Most of what you want in the ER is lost in what the Insurance company has.   ER staff want your data[in about 10 minutes], not your diagnosis/procedural Hx.  The want your last Angiogram report, and ideally your EKG image, your troponin tests, CK or CK–MB tests, and serum myoglobin test results (to rule in/out a heart attack diagnosis for example).   Insurance companies DON'T want that data (Images, Labs, diagnostic reports) sent to them by the medical orgs, because it's...