or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

"Life is pain, princess. . . anyone who says differently is selling something."
By someone, you mean you.  And you represent 0.1% of mac buying public.  Not a market Apple has to service and maintain mac viability.
 I'm not forgetting, I think you're losing perspective of scale in today's market, and the true goal of BYOD.BTW, your numbers aren't based on fact.   There are not 10000 companies in the world the average size of ford.If there were, you just factored in a corporate employee base of 1.8Billion.  That's fantasy Fact: the Fortune 500 employs 24Million people.  that means 48,000 employees on average.  So ON AVERAGE, you need to take your number down by a factor of 4.   If you...
why do you see this 'serious' market share gain?  No really... why? Do you see a massive pent up demand for PC users wanting to use their XVGA 19" monitors, black ugly keyboards and 3 button mice with a new Mini... F500 Enterprise's won't buy a Mini - No competitive bidding.  Small businesses... maybe... but only those that see some headless reuse...  otherwise, the iMac is a better solution for them. Home consumers don't want a mini... they hated all the cables in the...
  wow.  10,000 phones, over 2 years.  15 iPhones a day.   major impact on the bottom line. /s it says more about blackberry than it does about apple.  This is the part about the IBM deal people don't understand.  It's not a big deal for selling hardware... it's a huge deal to sell iOS as an end delivery platform (vs. say, HTML5).  That's the big win as it makes Apple Sticky to the Enterprise.
all in all, this is the first step in building a 'ala carte' internet delivery system.   First work out the delivery and staging bugs.   Cable is paying for the content now, and has regional/municipal exclusivity rights for people living in those locales.  As those contracts are renegotiated, the need for having a cable contract to view what is currently on cable channels will be reduced, and you'll pay with your AppleID on a per view basis (likely a rental/season pass...
Actually, you're stealing your friends identity.
no.  because the other conditions that are happening in real time [the 3 cars pinning you in, stuff in the road, hydroplaning water] override any light software.   And your solution only works if ALL cars are talking to the central server (typically, until a majority of something is centrally controlled, the uncontrolled cause more issues because they are unpredictable) I think the best solution is crowdsourcing the 'flow' of traffic around you.  It's what your brain is...
so  will they remove the proximity RFID or leave it?  or will they have swipe key tech? 1 other reason why you want to have something other than your iPhone: those 4 kids you brought along... while Apple may want you to give each of them an iPhone, I'm certainly not giving my kids an(my!) iPhone as they wander down to the pool. Overall, I think the consensus is, that if you think an bluetooth passkey is better or worse than any other key for a room, I think you're missing...
let's say... there are 50 Million Apple households in the US.  (about 120Million households total in the US  in 2013)Apple comes out with a home kit thing that does proximity detection enhancing with iBeacon technology  (door opening, presence, lights, whatever... let's assume it's killer and leave it at that). You need 3 per floor of the home (MSRP: $19.99) for maximum accuracy tracking  (triangulation)assume the average home gets 4. That's 200Million at 19.95 (50%...