or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

all risk, little reward.   Sometimes its better to pass the risk to Intel, and pay wholesale.   Just keep reminding them of who is the largest High End Laptop maker, and that you have a few 'tweaks' you'd like them to do to speed up OSX, and occasionally let leak through back channels Macbook Airs running on prototype A8x chips (may be slow as molasses, but it tells Intel they can't stick it to one of their largest customers). The fact that apple owns both the A'n' design...
Be careful with trying imagine that 'everyone's wants' are required to be met.     I drive a skid steer catapillar for work.  Why can't I have that steering interface on my Porsche Cayenne?   I want it, because that's how I learned to drive.  I'm willing to pay for it, if it's built in!  If you don't, then it's Porsche's fault not to meet my car driving needs, and forcing all other car manufacturers to 'race to the bottom' in taking out that input device.   Oh, I know I...
The former requirements is your cost of conversion to the internet model Apple aspires to. The market in the next three years in laptops is targetted for people leaving home, and likely spent the last 3 years buying their music over the net.  No conversion needed. Your latter requirement is paying for the inadequacies of your 'people.'   Shame them into upgrading!!!! ;-)
Market research of one.    The "Where the puck will be" of laptops  is pretty much 2 USB3.0, WiFi (Wireless Cell would be nice... but I think Apple's master plan is to make your iPhone that $99 Tethering MiFi), Thunderbolt, and a power cord.   The differentiator between Air and Pro will be screen resolution, and CPU/Memory/SDD options And you're smart enough to upgrade in place...  So why should Apple build a production line around a system that no one really needs (since...
Gartner can do this, because they don't advise investors, they advise corporate decision makers on what devices to support in the enterprise.    Show me the money... Remember, this is the gartner that is so in tune with the tablet market place that they felt that Windows would be Number 2 by this year.   They got burned by that one, and now are doubling down on Android.    After what Pichai said last week about securing android, my guess is that it's the AV vendors that...
+1 Chrome OS at the bottom (commodity PC market... I need a device to read my mail, tweet, and get a Citrix Session up and running back to  the office VDI farm), and Apple becoming the defacto high end (e.g. corporate exec PC...  The model basically says only those Apps that can't be commoditized really require Windows...  a MBair with a local VMWare image running the full 'legacy' suite locally), as corporate apps slowly roll to one of 2 non-windows options (mobile Apps,...
Similar is a stretch.  In fact, it's not 'agile' at all.  Agile is business involvement in priorities and commitment of the designer business partner's requirements, WHEN the business partner needs them.  Google's 'beta' process does neither. It's a silent observation, and a 'unilateral' implementation of what is needed for the majority ( at best.... or potentially a highly vocal minority, or even a $$$ driven management).  the 'beta' approach baits customers to use stuff,...
first off the premise of the article is silly.   Apple won't announce... at most, apple will be there when manufacturers announce...   That's the gist of the rumor.   2nd.   I agree that iOS in the car should be as intuitive as iOS, but Im still looking at how it all works together.  To me it's not apps, or music or even phone integration.   As noted by RCFA, if you're a true 'driver,' you'll be driving, and any you won't have the car or phone or pad 'talking' to you....
and that's why the 'upper middle class liberal-leaning family of 4' today drives volvo's.  It's doesn't reek of excess, yet is well built and last's forever (reduce/reuse).   In 15 years, the kids drive it to school, and in 22 year, unemployed liberal leaning people will get a volvo given to them by their older sisters, after the kids are leave college. These are the same people with white MacBooks and G5 iMacs.  
 two comments come to mind, and I'll try not to feed the trolls too much "If you are one of two people being chased by a bear... you don't have to outrun the bear, you just have to outrun the other guy" "Willie, why do you rob banks?"  Willie Sutton: "Because that's where the money is" The mashup of those basically shows your misunderstanding...  and gets to the crux of the Pichia's comment: It's good to have good security... relative to your competitors in the general...