or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

err.  if your iPhone and watch can do NFC, why does your iPad need to do NFC?  and aren't the  parts of a phone and a watch 'separate'? The magic of Apple Pay and POS interaction is 'signing it' with a biometric.   your phone is in your pocket, your iPad is in your bag.  your watch is on your arm and monitoring your HR (another biometric).  The goal is NOT to pull something out of your bag to pay for something (from the end user perspective.  just wave your phone and touch...
 Apple isn't selling to you. For the job you need, XP is great for you.  And google's model works for you.  Great.   You've proven that Apple isn't forcing/monopolizing the computing market.
So, given your usability IQ, I assume this is a GREAT phone. Here is a simple truth.  most people want smaller lighter computers.  Most as in everyone who doesn't game or compile or crunch quantometric analytics.   volume usually means weight. weight equals cost.  less weight, lower overall cost of ownership (shipping, lugging, medical, damage [mass*9.8M/sec^2)= damage]. Thicker doesn't mean sturdier... it's means bulkier.  Thicker means it's easier to design structure to...
 It's chapter 11, not chapter 7... no one is liquidating anything yet. If this article and the next one (WSJ) are to be believed, Apple had performance clauses that basically said, we stop loaning you production money if you don't hit performance goals (what those were, whether they were to make glass for the 6 the 6+ or the Watch, we don't know). $139Million in loans payments withheld is a huge amount (1/4 of the deal), especially if you only have $85M in reserve.  If...
Let alone that teens aren't the target market.   I'm sure that iPhone 6+ is not getting a high Q score among 2nd graders.  Are we reading about that? Give them about 10 years to mature and think about fashion and their mortality.   And a high paying job.
  and who says the investment community is at or above average intelligence?
 Behind that smiling antebellum Auburn facade is a stone cold killer. If that story is true, Tim Cook is one B****d of a negotiator.  - We loan you ~$500M  for 2 years- Then you give us back the money in the form of discounts over 5 years on product you sell us out of our factory we built for you.- All product from said factory is the property of Apple, even if we choose not to buy it (you can't sell it to anyone else)- Oh, if you don't hit promised delivery requirements,...
I agree with your points, but I don't agree with your first point and your summary. My TL;DR:  Phones work because they are part of a synergistic system.SmartPhones work  because they are part of a synergistic ecosystem.  Once you get the 'phone part' working, it's all about the integrated experience.  Support, HW capabilities, HW/SW integration, InterSW integration, and cohesive UI, and most importantly, the the physical UX. Strange as it is, most people buy 'experience'...
So...Your profit margins are shrinking. What do you do?  Make a better phone?  no.  Make an Entry level phone for 'burgeoning' markets.  Sell more phones, cheaply, and hope volume will increase profits.Yeah, that works, until everyone else lowers the prices on their phones as well. Has anyone explained to Samsung that there are no winners in the race to the bottom?
I want it to be 'durable' enough to just barely blend.... >>>>>>Will it Blend?<<<<<(I have to say, that samsung battery almost didn't blend....) Still funny after all these years.