or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

I think the new chip is a driver to have a 'carrier' only 'forever hold your peace' beta...     Sept 5 sounds like there's another beta release prior to GM targeting developers and key QA people.   Unless there are hills to die on in the Carrier only release, a RC beta release next week will likely be there for app level bug verification.  Otherwise, the carrier beta will at worst impact release dates for some carriers (one can assume that the top 20 have already...
At what point is your usage demands a true Virtual Memory management system and  OS, e.g. a Macbook Air?    I don't ask my Honda Accord to haul 3 ton of fertilizer, because it's not the right tool for the job.  But I do haul a couple hundred pounds at a time, knowing that for small jobs , and the occasional  repeat trips to Lowes, the extra round trip time is not that bad compared to the rental/purchase price of a pickup truck.  
or providing a nexus so they can 'subpoena' the information they desire. This is less about the NSA, and more about China wanting to keep it's dissident's messages/notes, etc within their borders.
my guess... 5.5 was seeded by Apple to troll for leakers, and to keep competition guessing.   Sort of like Patton's Ghost Army.
more like 5s and 5c.  both released on the same date last year... just a month late. Or like Tallest Skil pointed out  CDMA/GSM would require different sku's. the TL;DR of this is:   Thailand is slated for early release of next version(s) of iPhone.
 No.   Amazon is quite possibly the most 'take over the retail world' minded company.  Investor's love(d) them as they continue to increase marketshare.  Profits are plowed into infrastructure and further land grabs.   It's a long game... that only they and Apple play well.   Google is too scatter brained in their efforts, like a college research lab.  Dell gave their business the away to ASUS in the same manner.   Most small business think 6 mo - 1 year in advance, but...
I think the key number is the 88% apps / 90% iPad penetration in corporations. While activations are important, from an ecosystem point of view corporations are more about the apps.   Corp apps are more expensive, and have longer lock in than phones (or apps drive phone lock in... Blackberry was pretty much a lock because of the direct integration into messaging and calendaring, and then you taught your thumbs how to dance...;-) No matter how you slice it, the numbers will...
Had to fix that last sentence. pundits and analysts don't impact the buying public.  The investing public maybe, but If the phone/laptop/tablet is good, people will buy it. Marketshare is how you measure commodity markets.  soda pop, gasoline, computer chips. Now some may say that Android may shift that in that billions of users (like Windows) will drive developers to make their apps for android first, and sell them for a nickel, and delay selling the app on an Apple...
err... most computer spending is going into the cloud.  not to the desktop.   Where I agree with you.   CISC mainframes was supplanted by RISC super minis which was supplanted by x86 'frames'    ARM will have its day in the sun, and then something else that can do mesh computing. Where I disagree:  endpoint computing is really all about UX.  Almost no-one will be running a business on a chrome book, and no one will have  _THEIR_ database wholly on the device they carry, or...
We are all history... some just take longer to decompose.