or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

me...  I cut and restrung the cord.   partly for business demands.   But, I take the Oatmeal approach to game of thrones... With the thought that the potential of recovering a little streaming revenue may change HBO's content delivery options.
 plausible. Given that one can assume the 'really cool stuff' will be built into the iOS 8 release, showing off a wearable (maybe not an iWatch) at WWDC to show how it integrates is how to draw developers to the device (those that aren't currently under the tent.).  That's what WWDC is about... introducing stuff that makes Developers go 'Whoa.... I got to develop on/for that!'
The only constant is change. The fact that iOS8 won't even show up to consumers till September means you got 5 more months of stability, and 5 more after that if you so choose.   
If they got their act together, building an IoT's in the home is a good thing.   I can think of some coolness... "Do I have beer in the fridge?"   And a PTZ camera scans your fridge for beer.   From your phone, tablet, tv... "Is my laundry load done?  is are the clothes in the dryer dry?"  These are things Samsung 'could' integrate into their world.... but because they are 10 different companies, not gonna happen. But that would take more than 24 months of planning, and in...
Samsung is what mad men is all about.  all sizzle.  no steak.  (all hat...   no cattle). I'm looking at Samsung's actions as so old school in their approach(es). Now...  I'm certain that if you're seeking FDA (or EU) approval for your device/app that runs on a mobile device,  you've talked to Samsung (and Apple, and likely Microsoft).  And Samsung threw money at you to some sort of 'first release' opportunity. Healthcare is always printing money, especially in the worlds...
The new COBOL programmer
It's the classic,  OEM vs OS battlefront.... Same song different verse of:  "Apple is the 3rd leading PC maker, but Microsoft sells 92% of the PC OS licenses...' (2005). The problem with Android is that it's not an 'ecosystem' like Windows was (welcome to the fact that most of your 'computing' is done at the other end of an HTTP/HTTPS  pipe.)  Apple even more than MS back in the day, sells a consumer solution.   Android... well it sells an embedded OS that you may or may...
 Microsoft... no.   Samsung... yes.  Google has no allies, only sources for eyeballs. While this is a copy of Microsoft's play,  they are going against 2 different installed bases. This is google realizing that you _may_ buy a chrome book, but it's likely you'll have an iPad or an iPhone,  and if they have to compete with iWork they will eventually lose (single ecosystem).   Better to keep a toe hold on users across browsers and platforms, until they figure out a winning...
<10%.   significant but not huge (consider that means they move from 10% of the market to 11%).  YoY growth wise, this is pretty yawn... esp from the days of 25-50% YoY growth.   pretty much stay the course. The 2nd sentence is more foretelling.   Cutting Samsung high end by 5-7.5Million phones (assume HTC et al get hit by the rest) , where they make real money ('all their money'), is a serious blow. And... this is where Apple's long game is always strong.   Let Samsung et...
I'm still certain there is a a7 MBA that get's exposed to Intel's CSuite every few months to remind Intel that Apple has long term options. But, there is little for Apple to build yet another chip class for their laptops.  As others have identified, Intel is still a generation ahead of everyone in general purpose CPU manufacturing, in terms of sub 20nm etches, clock speed, and energy consumption.  Apple is ahead on a very OS specific chip design, but they would have to...