or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

Industrial Light and Magic App.   Replaces the an entire datacenter rendering farm, a graphics workstation the size of  your sofa, and hours/days of compute time and puts it in a box smaller than the VCR cassette the original movie shipped in.   Think about it.  
News... or matter of fact.  Given Apple's Growth rates, if it needs X sapphire production day 0, day 365 it will need 1.50X  (Apple's growth is that much YoY for flagship phones and iPads).   We should be seeing LOTS of sapphire plants opening up all over the world with 50% YoY growth.
hmmm....AMZN  36B in Assets, 3B in LT debt.  10B in equity.  80B in sales a year.   Not really precariously perched.  They run their business more like a Target than an Apple, which makes sense in a couple ways (they are a retailer, and no one is like Apple)   In fact looking at their financials, they are pretty much just like Target, with less debt. No one is screaming that Target is on the brink of never recovering, and they had a terrible 6 months.
And Apple is doing the same, at least in terms in owning 'the consumer interface to all markets.'    Both Apple and Amazon have a long view of the battle field that goes beyond 10Q statements.   Their key to success is 'stickiness'  For Apple, it's a compelling ecosystem that helps thinkers develop solutions.  For amazon, it having your every desire a 'one click' purchase.  If they can make a head gesture into a click and the market responds positively, they are proceding...
That last sentence I don't follow.  is that [sarcasm] or [smile]? 2) things that you didn't factor1) Prime users switching TO ATT.  If your wireless connection is just a big pipe, and you're a heavy Prime user.  You may buy this phone and switch.2) Trade Downs within contracts... getting a 2nd phone passing down a hand me down iPhone 4s or 5. my guess is that Amazon would Like to see 400K a month in sales US. which is huge. and probably doubling next year as they roll-out...
no one takes you seriously unless you control all facets of the consumer experience. Amazon, Apple are the two leaders in online commerce.  Apple users 'buy' stuff.  Amazon 'sells' stuff.  On Twitter last night Marc Andressen and Steven Sinofsky basically said if you are selling 100Million phones a year, you don't have to control the market... because you can control 'your' market.   The key thing is delivering a compelling experience (the BMW model).   Price is secondary...
Disrupting the pricing model from a .99c iPhone to a 999 MBA,  that would be a "Whoa, Duude!" moment.   But it didn't and won't happen in a press release.   Bean Counters or no, those moments require Tim or Craig standing in front of a Keynote screen that screams, "Inexpensive, but not Cheap!"    Tim has always fought to keep the price tight to the market's ability to undercut it.   You may find a cheaper all-in-1 (yes, I'm an Old DEC hand), computer, but the vendor won't...
 "If you [need] a stylus, [you] blew it"   - While   Steve is Dead, I'm sure this is still echoing in the halls. this is probably closer to the case.  Lines can get finer when youa) have more pixels per sq inb) you have more inches per displayc) you have more computational/display/memory power underneath the display. As Metal and A8 and if the rumors hold for a 'professional iPad'  (sort of like the 17" Macbook Pro), then I think Apple has done what it can.  If you need to...
You appear to have forgotten the first rule of media:  Reporting and analyzing rumors is much better than reporting on facts.   You're never late, and never wrong.
To me...  the mockup appears to have the camera and the home button almost engineeringly[;-)] too close to the edge (you may be able to connect/fuse the back/front [harder due to multiple strata] and the edge together it, but that's got to be an extremely weak point for fracturing.) But I agree, the guts of the 6 are MUCH more important than the veneer (and it appears to be almost that... a thin layer between us and the golden guts).  Beyond what's listed above, what about...