or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

err, when it comes to delivering chips... they can be trusted.  TSMC whiffed on building Aseries chips a couple of times now.Sometimes you have to take the losses with the wins.   the iPhone 5s couldn't have been made without Samsung. As for the USA... you're barking up the wrong tree.  Corporations feed lobbyists, lobbyists feed congress and the WH, Congress and the WH set the trade agreements to make sure our corporations make a sh*tload of money, by paying the absolute...
and for worse news... I did download it, verified the download, then it said I was 400mb short (4.2GB free, needed 4.6GB),   I cleared up that space, and when I went to restart, it's saying 'update requested'   I apologize in advance for downloading it twice.    Off to mow the lawn... with my iPod shuffle ;-( edit... the 2nd download is going through iTunes... first via iPhone was 47 minutes.   This one started at 6... is at 4 minutes left now... I'm moving about 6MB/s...
my over/under is noon PT... and I'm betting the over (given the latest news there are issues with health kit)
agreed.   if they get the retailers online during the next couple months, the holiday season will be great measures of the savings per transaction.  Better to focus on the critical few, get them right, and then use that as a springboard to convince/coerce other retailers and geographies to get onboard.
piling on... when you put your watch on, it monitors your heart rate and skin contact constantly... if there is no interruption since you last paired to your TouchID enabled phone, your biometrics is 'your fingerprint' to allow a 'touch less' transaction.  
.... and I would argue that it's better to start new anyway.   most of your cruft is cruft.  I'd just forward calendar invites to my @me.com address, mail contact information for the critical few (mom, boss, wife), and then build a new life on my iOS phone. And if I were a mac user, I'd get a gmail to apple sync app, do it once for cal's, email, contact, and not try to do it phone to phone, erase the gmail account, and walk away.
while you may think it's important, it's not something I would get into a pissing match over when describing the benefits of an iPhone.Faster, yes.  64bit registers and addressing... not something I would buy a phone over. The whole 'spec' thing is specious to begin with.   a crappy larger display isn't a big win, nor is image stabilized movies.   Apple is all about the 'system is greater than the sum of it's parts', whereas Samsung in particular, and android in general...
Herbapou speaks the truth. This is a major UPGRADE for probably 40 million of those 60 million sales.  20 Million 'switchers' will be for the following reasons.1) size2) size3) get out of the android ecosystem.  but those 40 million.... those smatterings of 3gs users, 4, 4s, and 5 users will look at this as the jumping point into a real apple ecosystem. The 6 is significantly better phone than the 5... not so much over the 5s.  The 6p is significantly MORE phone, and...
sigh. You know that Mac OS was ported FROM Intel (White NeXTSTEP) to the G3.   It wasn't that secret.