or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

But for teachers and school districts coming from a PC background, Chromebooks and Google Apps are most of what they need.1) distribute reading material  (PDF, HTML, HTML5 reader of book formats)2) distribute assignments3) retrieve written assignments4) take canned tests5) communicate grades back to students (and parents). That's about it.   There is some really cool stuff out there, but for 80% of the classrooms, that's about it. There is one thing an chrome book is a lot...
you can get a chrome book or windows laptop with a larger (not better) screen for that same $499 list price.  Apple isn't discounting MBAs that much. As for the software, I think Apple did assume that authoring would keep up with their innovation, but in reality, most teachers would just want to 'blog' a set of problems, and let their students type and email  in the answers.   A chrome book is fine for that (and gmail and google docs, etc.)The biggest thing we are dealing...
That $499 price tag is much more attractive.
I think you're seeing the beginning of the great commoditization of wireless.    Hess/Sprint is an early victim.Compatibility with the thing in my hand, Ubiquity of high speed bandwidth, price, service, and  are the most important aspects.  Sprint failed on all of these things (WiMax?  for Real?).  NB   I LOVED SPRINT back in the late 90's.  CDMA was the sh*t, vs TDMA. and Sprint sold dual band phones (Sanyo w/ qualcomm radios) that covered both.
to me, HeathKit will see a resurgance in mis hits;-)  and is there any word on any apple domain applications in Hong Kong (.hk)?
Although,  "Can't Innovate, My Ass" is a nice catch phrase;-)  But it's needs a lot of spacing and a real innovation to make it work. Also, Product Releases at WWDC or MacWorld had the Fandom reaction....   'Media Events' are supposed to be filled with dispassionate reporters with pads and pencils....   'One More Thing...' slide is a 'treat' for the consumer, not fodder for the press deadline.    In fact, I liked it better when Apple did the 'One More Thing' as a simple...
Until Dalrymple says 'Not Likely' I'll live with a Mossberg minion's statement as 'stronger than rumor'
 less compatibility but 'integrated hw/OS/SW/UI/FunctionalGoal' design. TS:  an 8000 RPM engine, a great transmission, but no traction, all you do is spin your wheels.  Clock speed means nothing if your bottle neck is data paths (e.g. Apple moving to 64bit... faster data movement of 64bit pointers... not to address more than 2GB), It's the old RISC vs CISC issue.  a fast moving MIPS processor had to have a GREAT compiler lest the pipeline emptied out and you were just...
you don't understand conglomerates.  Profits go up, never over.  Smartphone is the largest part of it's largest subsidiary, and it's a free standing corporation (listed on the South Korea Stock Exchange) Each subsidiary and each division is a P&L center.   Where the board may 'nurture' a division for a while, it won't siphon profits from one to keep another afloat.  And we are talking about Samsung's 2 most profitable units of Samsungs most profitable subsidiary (Samsung...
Because pundits only see wins and losses... they don't see goals and achievements.  either way, when you're at the point when you need 100+million chips a year, considering a newcomer as a 'sole source' is grand fantasy.  Samsung can print out 100Million custom chips in it's sleep. oh, and you forgot about this musing http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/06/24/rumor-tsmc-inks-deal-to-build-20nm-a8-chips-for-apple-starting-this-year which even implicates an Apple Intel...