or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

agreed. The home just became an iPhone accessory.   Just like your car did.and pretty soon your body. This will take time.   Home Automation is 'hard'  Nest did a great job in 'learning' and overriding  learning.   But things like complex scenes (turn on and off lights inside and out as if we are in the house [aka vacation mode]) are complex for the average person to grok.   And the hard stuff (I want my irrigation system to "turn on at 4 in the morning on Tuesday if less...
+1. Agreed. I see a whole slew of HW.  And a whole slew of stuff that won't happen, specifically, Apple will not in the short term build a LTE chip into a laptop (tethering/hotspotting will become second nature). The cloud stuff piques my interest in Cloud syncing to local intermediate devices (write through caching on a Airport/TimeCapsule/AppleTV).  Depending on a 3rd party (my ISP) for a great experience is begging for trouble.   Especially with homeKit, why not have a...
It's not that mind blowing. This has been Apple's M.O. since day one (well maybe day 200 after the first iPhone's were determined to be a bit pricey).   Deliver more _functional_ speed at lower cost than your competitor.  This isn't a spec war... it's how it feels in your hands. Speed is the ultimate measure of User Experience.  Or in other words. being able to do more things in the same unit of time, makes the experience richer/safer/secure-er.   If you have a lot of...
 this. Apple just layed down another 5 years of OS foundation: 64 Bit, Biometrically protected, with New faster language, New GL 'to the metal'  interface.   That's covers a new generation of developers, and as grow curves go, will take Apple to the 2 Billion iOS user range.  (if 130 Million NEW users last year is a factual number... figure that it will be 200+ million in a couple years).
I disagree on the premise.  the iOS features are nuanced, but overwhelming. - widgets/extensions/services  (plowing through the sandbox walls... interactivity between apps) - Notifications Center becomes something not to ignore... it's your main screen now.  The rest of your apps just tell notifications center they need your attention. - Metal.  pretty much lays down a gaming engine that can take an AppleTV (yeah, that's an iOS system), and turn it into a serious gaming...
and lose the Metal interface?   There's a reason to 'code to the metal' Metal will be the real game development interface...  Swift will just make loading a Metalcall a one liner.
This topic (touchID kit) is exactly what they should have done.   And it portends that every device will eventually have touchID (even the 'consumer' phones/pads).   As soon as Ebay or Facebook or Starbucks build it it,  everyone will need it.
Education buys from June-Aug....summer time clearing the shelves.  Start with a lower price, later bundle with free stuff (excess inventory of iPods, printers, etc.).   And/or Apple wants to keep the surface 3 out of schools.  It may replace a MBair, but some parents may want to buy them because they think they know microsoft better than can learn iOS.   Dropping the price shows these prospective buyers the threshhold is lower (and we all know there are only 2 reason to...
It's negotiating on behalf of its stockholders.   The only reason customers exist is to pay stockholders. 
while I don't like the rumor... the gist of it is, Beats was Apple's entree' into the world of persons of color buying worldThat and entree' into all the music labels who loved Jimmy and Dre.  You can't sell (streaming) music if you don't got the music.So, the real question would be how many iPhones and sonds would need to be sold to the African American Market to recoup _3_000000000$and that answer would be about 10Million of each.  Or doubling a couple of low season...