or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

The 3 was axed already;-) It didn't live past the 4 (lightning).   My guess is the 3 will be 'unsupported' at the same time the 2 is. iPad sales will 're-ramp' when1) TouchID is embedded (turn off to lock, press to unlock... a key requirement for corporate types)2) a 12" or larger is shipped to meet corp/professional customer needs (those 14-15" laptops)3) in about 3 years, when all these schools/colleges/students matriculate their devices into next equipment.4) the next...
on the first point, then you're arguing a point that chitalka is not addressing or caring about.  straw man argument.  I agree on your point, but it's not on point.   on the 2nd.   doesn't mean that at all, since there are no numbers that relate to units... just 'impressions'   
For all intents and purposes, it's 'active eyeballs'   Not number of tablets in the market. tablet market share in standard parlance is the percentage of sales of a tablet in a particular time period.     web usage marketshare in this context isn't even that.  it's 'Ad-Impressions' on a Chitakla monitored sites. Now in ad markets, one looks at 'demographics' and that's what this is best showing... If you put an ad out there 78% of the time it's being seen by an iOS user....
In other words 'Analysts, even with guidance, were WRONG' from April:  37Billion      Check 39% gross margin Check CheckHighest EPS in 7 Quarters  (low expenses) These Analysts guys are wrong even when given the answers;-)
relative to total tablet web usage. Which could have dropped dramatically compared to laptop web usage. All soft numbers.    78% of 20 is not a very big number compared to 76% of 20,000,000,000. Which gets to the bottom line point...  Chitaka is getting paid to advise people on how to advertise where.... their market is 'ad impressions sales' not tablet sales. I can't wait for AdBlock Plus for iOS;-)
read both articles... no where did they state- absolute usage comparisons (ad impressions per page, total web usage, usage by platform, usage per platform unit) For all I know, one iPad is stuck in a query loop to a chitaka monitored site and is driving up the stats. Bottom line, there is not hard anchor to this.   10's of millions could be 11million or eleventy-million-milion.and it all could be gizmodo.com ads.  or amazon.com.   impressions could be DOWN quarter over...
this is not 'share'  as in marketshare (sales)   This is web usage.     This is saying what has been said all along:  If you are a heavy mobile internet user, the iPad is the top choice.   Amazon moving into 2nd isn't surprizing given the cost/benefit of the Amazon offerings.  Samsung... theirs are being bought and then put in the drawer, and either your laptop is still being used, or you're buying apple or amazon.   All in all, this is what I would expect......
see above, You texting corporate secrets is definitely part of their security problem.  Can't manage/monitor it, it's then considered 'malware'
or gov't compliance requirements.   You can't connect a computer (and an iPhone is a computer) to a corporate network without the simple requirement of 'what just connected to the network','Is it a threat* [compromised with malware or software that puts the organization at risk*]?', 'is the user authorized to be on the network [authenticate - friend or foe]' * texting 'outside' of the Command and Control of a central DLP/monitoring system is considered a federal offense in...
 I agree with 90% of this.  I'm bi-dexterous: fine motor work/write right handed, therefore most of the time I wear my watch on my left hand, but I do power stuff with my left hand (throw, hammer (and hammer-throw ;-), tennis, golf).  and ambidextrous with a lot of stuff.  The watch gets a beating then (those self winding watches of the 70's were always over wound).     I'm assuming that the iWatch will be the 'most indestructible computer on this planet or any(tm)'  (tm...