or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

Never say Never;-)  So... ever thought of AuthenTec /TouchID as a 'product'?  I see the next turn of the secure transaction, after Apple has sold it's 150Million watches, is to make it ubiquituous at every point of authentication (not just sale).every device in the world has a TouchID button HOWEVER, it is only sent via NFC/Bluetooth to a device very local to it. If the hash unlocks the secure enclave, magic ensues.(Phone never leaves the pocket).   Point of...
So, if anyone of us put out a research note,  you'd put a story out on it? At least 10 of use have stated the 2016-2018 timeframe for ASeries intersecting with the Intel performance curve.
Whip it. Whip it good.
1) welcome to reality2) welcome to political reality3) welcome to Capitalism. At least you can opt out of 2 and 3;-)
It's an App API, so don't buy any apps with it built in. and my guess, iOS will have a notifications rule to 'send notifications from this app to your Watch (or carPlay.... I see the same sort of thing for cars... Get a 'gas pricing app' and have it display (and in a perfect world, when my tank is < 25% full) "cheapest gas along your route/area in the next 100 miles is at XXX in 20 miles"
Don't blame Dynamite because some people make it into bombs, when it also is used to mine iron ore for your cars,toasters, bridges, re-bar, etc.    The watch is fine... but we need another classification for Apps (I freudianly typed 'ass' first) in the Appstore as 'Adware' and a rule in search/rules. There is a fine line between 'app aware' ads (I'm in the mall, and I spent the day searching for 'chocolate' and all of a sudden I get a 'BOGO Free at the Godiva Store 50 feet...
Agreed.   It has to do what your average Casio did.   the iPhone is still first and foremost a phone, yet the most popular computer as well.
I think the assumption of replacement is overblown... no where in the article was 'replacement' cycle mentioned.   I see growth by functional acceptance... just like smartphones grew by being a functional improvement over 'feature phones' that grew out of 'cell phones' that grew out of 'land lines.'     WilliamH hits it on the head.  Like the iPhone and iPad basically redefined the 'computer' market into demographics who wouldn't carry a laptop, but had a cell phone,...
The lunch room conversation about NK and 'The Interview' was if the U.S. really wanted to get regime change in North Korea, fly a few drone controlled C141s full of Big Macs and Coke over the DMZ and carpetbomb the people with  western decadentism. You know the aphorism, "There has never been a war between 2 countries that have a McDonald's Franshised located in them." 
I think our consumers may argue against China having 'Korea.'As would Japan/APAC allies. Not that I disagree with you, I'm just saying, we're buying a lot of geo-political alignments in South Korea.OTOH, South Korea is cutting their defense budget, but are 'paying' the U.S. $800MUSD for our military presence.Methinks we should taking the stand that if Samsung et al, want the protections of the U.S. military, they should pay top $$ for the privilege (make our expeditionary...