or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

but they don't upgrade to compete with the competition... they upgrade when the price/performance/weight/battery-load works AND it solves a user problem. When was the last time you saw apple talk about RAM and ghz in a presentation?   Even 64bits was about performance... they didn't talk about 'wow, we can address Petabytes of Virtual Memory'  they talked about how fast the thing ran. How it performs in your hand is the only spec that matters.
exactly.      What was the USAF description of the F-4:  "the F-4 was an engineer's proof that if you add enough thrust, even a brick can fly" Let's see what hasn't been added-hdmi port-usb port-java-flash-Ogg Vorbis-removable battery-sdram-NFC-a physical keyboard... or any buttons other than the home button and the power button- a 6" screen- a compiler on the phone- a pony If you need to carry 128gb of stuff... and have a huge screen or HDMI out, get a MBA (and the...
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against Apple when you think Specs are on the line!" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha.... . Specs aren't where apple fights it's wars... performance on the job is the critical measure. doubling storage goes against apple ecosystem model, esp. on the phone.   Same reason...
Agreed.  Apple did the same with the iPod, and the iPad. I don't know if there will be 2 new phones however.  however, I'll wait until iOS8 is discussed at WWDC as to the methods for dynamically scaling apps across multiple screen resolutions and geometries.
If it improves the politics ('optics') of the person in office... it's all good.   However, you certainly don't want the end game.  "Welcome to the GoDaddy.com Press Briefing Room in the Benjamin Moore 'Regal White' White House... Today's Briefing is sponsored by Netflix.com, where House of Cards 3 is available for download now on your complimentary Press Pool Microsoft Surface Reporter Pros, and Press Secretary's Nissen's wardrobe was provided for promotional...
I'm less upset at Samsung than at Ortiz and the RedSox.   I'd expect him to act more like a statesman of the game (but hey... it's baseball). (of course Johnny Gomes' dress was just so fashion wrong as well....     who wears white pants before Memorial day? ;-) )  Personally, I think it's low class to sponsor-promote your trip to the White House...  I don't think it's as fine a line as some make it out.  Ortiz knows he's on Samsung's payroll, and he's cashing out on the...
and 1000 apple developers wouldn't show up.   maybe 300, maybe only 100.  Apple isn't going to spend $500 a head to ship developers to LV, on top of losing their productivity (those 1000 developers aren't there 5x24.... they show up a couple days, and head home or the office and get work done.). Why is trying to allow a larger set of people in one venue an advantage to apple.   Maybe they see the 'Developer Channel' on Apple TV 'Thinking Different?'    And 'more enjoyable'...
I'm curious of  1) how many 'invited' developers there will be?  I can't see Apple ignoring some of the leading iOS/OSX core developer teams 2) how it will address non attendee's need to know.   Will most sessions be available 'faster?' than last time?   Will there be social media (FaceTime/messages) access from non-attendees to interact with presenters?
When you get to the event, you need present evidence you are the person that bought the ticket. e.g.  your ticket is signed by the buyers AppleID.
 your 'potential' appears to be 'it could play games natively and be cheaper.'  I see the potential more as an extension of the apple ecosystem with a compelling 'one remote' interface (people want to veg in front of their TV) Why do you think console gaming is better than 'gaming that displays on a TV.'    Apple's strategy is a personal game player, that displays on a TV.     problem solved. Chromecast:  I want netflix on my dumb TV and I own an android phone and I'm...