or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

long in gov't/corp space is 7 years.   7 years ago the iPhone was introduced.   Seems like yesterday. What I'm saying is, Windows Server die like AS/400 did for IBM (that was 2000 when they killed it).  Windows Server is less like a mainframe, because IBM is still making mainframes.  Is there a compelling reason for for Windows Server?  Other than Active Directory?  which is one VPN away from being served in the cloud.  
if you read this   and this ,   getting out of Hardware is a given, and implicitly, deprecating Windows OS as a profit leader, and focusing on cloud services (azure) and apps (outlook.com, office365, oneNote).
  I think 'no' is the right answer but for a very different reason at this time. my guess is that you can fund a card from anywhere, but funding your account from outside your country is subject to reporting to BOTH countries, for anti-terrorism, anti-money laundering, and anti-tax avoidance (simplest example:  you find $2000 on a street corner in the US, you are subject to federal and state tax on that, and likely Japan would want to take their cut of your good fortune as...
how far of a reach is it for Apple to effectively make iTunes gift cards useful for things outside of the AppStore/ITMS? The Apple Store as your cash based charging station... in the US, it's your credit or debit card. The big next step: iTunes charging stations that can be tied to merchants who accept Passbook as payment.  You walk into starbucks (any one anywhere in the world, either pay with your phone, or hand over $20 bucks and put it in one of your passbook accounts...
I don't think Cook is any better or worse than Jobs was.    Cook is running  a company arguably 3X times larger that Steve did.   When you had 2 [iPod, Mac] (or 1 as it was the case after steve 'broke the tie' and killed every thing but the Mac HW product line)  products, it was easy to work with ess delegation.  Even in Apple's Functional organization (not product line), there still has to be someone in charge of Marketing... for everything. Mr Jobs didn't have to comply...
But I'm sure they said the same thing about Steve (west coast), when compared to the Jack Welch (in the early 80's Jack was the quintessential CEO), or Tom Watson, or Seymour Cray, or Ken Olson. Or Hewlett... or Packard, or Noyce or Moore. I think the key point is in China, the Xiaomi leadership team is considered a dream team.    Doesn't matter what we think. As for android, this basically makes the major growth market for Samsung highly competitive, and it being the...
Analysts reports are the stockmarket equiv of FIRST!
It's read internationally, and written in bombastic English;-).   But I was more in defense of the poster, not attacking the site.  I grew up in the corn belt, and my non-Canadian grandfather used 'on the dole' frequently. just last week:   http://news.yahoo.com/off-dole-job-ben-carson-090000195.html2 years ago http://nypost.com/2012/02/13/on-the-dole-a-fifth-of-all-americans/ These are american sites using dole as 'a handout' and MSN used it again as receiving more than...
true but  the noun version of this 'on the dole' is common lexicon (at least for me.) in this Fox News Hot Word Headline time we live in.Like using 'Welfare' instead of 'Aid to Families with Dependent Children' (the official term for it), it holds a certain negative connotation.Welfare takes those children out of the picture. And even the meaning 'distribute shares of something' (profits/fractional sharing of holdings)  doesn't quite jive with "gotten paid for...
Agreed.  While I'll need an interpretation of the spoken word, I can easily see where one pebble under a screen (middle right) causing the necessary fulcrum point to cause failure, especially the fracture pattern shown.   In all the other cracking tests, the stresses are either distributed, or have rebound (kinetic point in time impact as opposed to an inelastic constant increasing stress). 3 comments1) it appears that you can get iPhone 6 screens pretty readily....  This...