or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

AppleTV may not be a headline event, but 'the home' may be.  And AppleTV (and/or the Airport boxes) are the key to integrating the home.Homekit may be the key... moving into the 'Digital Hub' .... remember that 13 years ago... Yes, coupling your TV (big screen), your Mac/iphone/ipad via continuity/airplay/*Kit (complex applications), large inexpensive storage (Time Capsule, iCloud, seamless to your interface). Burning disks... well, that's so turn of the century;-)   It's...
the last point is still not a 'know' (I'll give you the middle two from leaked photos that don't appear retouched) just 'rumored from several sources,'And the name is just a rose by any other name. Sit back and relax everyone;-) Sometimes you just gotta let 28 hours pass with dispassion and quite peace.   What will be, will be.  There is no changing it now with our thoughts and opinions.
Note to AAPL: Travel to a new country - Find new tax haven in 2019 as they spring up to fill the gap Ireland is leaving.     "Business... Always Business"
easy and cheap doesn't mean best for all women.   stamps and envelopes and paper and pencils are cheap and easy, but we're not using them for this conversation are we... because our current desire is 'time sensitive,' and we spend $1000 of dollars (Device software, Internet, electricity, repairs etc.)  to gain that advantage.   Well women's pregnancies are time sensitive in a couple dimensions.   This allows them to address their career side, and their biological side....
On the first part, I tend to agree with you, if the spouse is covered under the health plan (the issue probably is it's not a health benefit, it's a career benefit, and the spouse isn't employed). On the 2nd, you're extrapolating a limited benefit   (harvesting eggs once) to an annual benefit.Your premise is false which makes your 'solution' look stupid.  if Apple pays one person 100K for a snowboarding accident and 3 months rehab in surgical and Short Term...
The typing pool and the executive dining room? 'separate but equal' in TS's reference is probably a bad turn of a weighted phrase. I want to say 'gender unique' policies.  (the fact female bathrooms don't have urinals isn't a reason to demand 'equal' porcelain, and no tampon dispensers in the men's bathroom isn't making me scream 'I'm not being treated the same!' )  But I'm probably still ignorant of the proper terms to cover Male/Female/Gay/Straight/Transgender/Queer...
 I think 'organic' family building is a quaint idea... right up there with 'wired' telephones, telegraphs instead of emails, and men with ties and pocket protectors feeding cards into the mainframe, and then coming home to their college educated stay at home wife, having a couple of manhattans and having sex watching Johnny Carson. In other words, juussst a bit old-fashioned. other random thoughts... 0) sperm doesn't degrade like eggs with age...  and sperm banks are a...
Indeed. Apple will pick and choose industrial trade shows from here on out when the enter major markets, but they are a) large enough, and b) retail enough, to control their message to the industry with their own Dev Conference.    That 2nd point is key.   You don't see Trade Magazines have a 'Target World' or 'Walmart Week' and expect the namesake to show up (for free) and provide content. If anything, Apple will buy a print/online media brand, and co-opt it into it's own...
Not quite, unless they buy with a loan.  Finland's GDP is about $USD247B (41st)Apple's last year was $USD175B  (about 57th...)   But Finland's a laggard in generating income. Apple would be better off buying Ireland (45th). Keep those tax benefits (or change the law so only Apple gets them, and then gouge Google, MS, Exxon, etc), and a decent supply of Jameson's and Guinness for the Staff Cafe.   But speaking of that... did anyone ever read Islands On the Net?  Sci Fi when...
not that long, IPad 3 to iPad 4.   was what... 6 months?