or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

and... won't Samsung have to deal with the prior art issues.   The Chicago Tribune/New York Times Syndicate own's the rights to the wrist phone.  
I agree... "Substantially different and better"... you're saying... Apple don't ship crap like this.
agreed.   If not follow better, at least leapfrog innovate.   So far, we got smaller 'phablets' (leading to the iPad Mini), and larger phones (purportedly leading to the iPhone 6H(uge) . It does the market good to have competent competition from at least 2 sides, as that drives innovation and customer value.   This is part of the reason Apple really doesn't care about selling the _MOST_ devices...  Even though it thought the competition was going to be RIMM and MS, I think...
If I'm reading the article (and assuming all translations are good) 1.34 Million in March2.8 Million in May (assume 8 weeks)200K  customers a week are switching/upgrading to 4G.  that's 52Million a year.on the part of the China Mobile's Geography that is 4g Enabled. If you assume a 4 year lifespan (2 for original owner, 2 for next owner/child)... and 1/2 of China Mobiles people are in 4G space... every year China Mobile will see 175 Million new phones, of which 1/2 half...
115Million homes... Assume Apple wants 25% penetration.  My guess is with the sales of AppleTV over the past 2 years, they have that penetration right now.   My guess the limiting factor is limited bandwidth and lack of content (face it, Netflix and iTMS are the only reasons for the 'average TV owner' to buy AppleTV) for those that see the value but haven't triggered.     Improving either tribute in some form to the cable companies, as they want you to pay for bandwidth...
private browsing.
Watching a video of a lecture and typing in your notes at the same time.  (or , if you're like me, typing my paper due in 40 minutes, while watching my prof lecture in this (distance learning) class;-} ). Like I said, if Apple wants to maintain 92% capture of the classroom, this is a deal closer.  Surface and Android need not apply.   
I do think the 'select/drag/drop' action is something that 100% of the people grok (click on a picture in an email, drag it into a photo album.... select a paragraph from a iBooks document, and [properly attributed] drag it into a pages document. The biggest use I see is when taking a MOOC class, watching a video/youtube, or even reading an iBook, and wanting to type notes without  totally shifting context.     From an educational context (get them while their young), this...
piling on...  I think the only way this works is with a major 'app/data' split and/or icloudish ('network profiles' ala Windows) storage of key information.   But you're forking the thread with absolutely no regard to the parent article. My guess is that this rumor (multiple apps displayed on same screen) is more in alignment with 'one person owning many devices all linked by iCloud' than 'shared personal iDevices' [yes, sharing is contradictory to the basic premise of the...
True multi-active Apps displaying in parallel, will be more intensive yes... but thinking you need 1GB of active pages per active app may be a bit overkill at this moment.