or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

and...  iWork is a distant last place for corporate markets.   MSO and Office365 are the smooth glide path transition for corporate subscription based services... I see this as the 'oh, you use MSO at work, here's a free iOS tool for home use, so you can BYOD, yet, not use your Corp Subscription to plink on stuff (then upload it to your work device and have the full suite of capabilities).  It's Microsoft being microsoft, something for free to get 2 subscriptions out of...
I've heard 4 stories through my sister (friends with a few props/set design people)1) Apple gladly pays for on screen placement of their equipment.... by providing lots of devices (not much $$... only when you see 'promotional consideration' is when $$ is spent). ( See Number 4) 2) Set designers love that that there are no words or Intel inside stickers on apple products  that are visible  from a distance, and in post production, they can easily remove the apple logos and...
  App usage is important, but it's the big 5 (photo/instagram/pinterest, Facebook, email, eBay, amazon, twitter), that drive smartphone usage.   Otherwise your on point.
in fact, it's the reason Apple is winning (e.g. holding huge market share in a field of hundreds of device manufacturers).   Apple's implementation is what Computer/Network Security geeks have been pining for for years.   End to end trust built in, not added on. I remember sitting through days of DoD Orange book training, and in the end, the instructor said, "Unless you can establish trust from the fingertip to the Ferrite (disk drive), all attempts to introduce...
640K is all you'll ever need.
+1. Nailed it. Apple lets the market do market research for it.   The iPod line evolved behind just about everyone.  The iPhone wasn't the first touch screen phone.  The iPad Mini was 'lowering the umbrella' to keep competitors out from under.  Adding cameras, etc.  Heck... NFC.   Apple wasn't the first, but it used the market to determine if there was a 'quality' people wanted, apple added it with a complete consumer solution, instead of a 'spec check' item. Apple early...
no.   You're misrepresenting Steve's words. Those are Yugos. or Geo Trackers. or Matadors.  Built Cheap and sold cheap.  Built to be marketed, not sought after because of quality of workmanship, duty life, resale value. A 'Truck' is a heavy duty computing platform.  A PC.  expandable. 'manual' transmission (windows keyboard mouse CLI, bat files, compilers, etc.).  Something a professional needs, but consumers have grown up thinking they need, because it was all that was...
You can't change China from the outside.  Foxconn et al is better today because of Apple. China's politics are one thing, but treating the workers justly is what Apple can do. Foxconn wants to make a profit too, and if Apple says it can and will evolve away from their infrastructure if they don't treat Apple Subcontracted work force with respect.  Profit is a powerful force for good, too.
The issue is that Amazon, instead of partnering with Apple, is competing against them.   Google did the same thing. The thing that Apple did well, was nearly die.   That hardened it's immune system to rampant stupidity of genius, and also taught them a ruthless business acumen.   I've said it before.  Jobs was mercurial.  Tim Cook is the stone cold ruthless one.   Bezos isn't the next steve jobs... just a different steve jobs.   Or an older 'young' steve jobs. One that...
that's harsh. I think the real issue is defining your niche. Apple isn't trying to be amazon.  or google.  or make washing machines like Samsung. Even with Apple Pay, Apple is playing the enabling technology.  It's not trying to replace credit cards (yet), or be the bank (yet).  It's not even able to really tell what is happening with the transaction.   It's just in a great position to be trusted with the delivery of an account identity.  That's all. Apple sells a great...