or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

21M in first year.  $300.   yep you heard it here first.... 6B in revenues in year one.   With Apple's profit margin... that's 2B in net profits.  (30%) If I were spinning a story, that's probably the net numbers you have to sell (2B in profits... because anything less is just noise against 2015 projected earnings) to make a buzz.   Personally, I don't see the $300 given the 'job' a wearable is to do.   $149 to me is about the max I see as pricing point.  So cut profits...
I look at these rumors and go... meh.   If they missed deadlines for WWDC, still means the functionality can be presented in September if ready.If this is just a smoke screen for lowering the stock price... double meh. The major negative that this would impact were any exposed mapping SDKs that could have been built into the system for exposing this to other applications.   Apple loses a couple months of potential 'look at how this app exploits Apple's Map data'    This is...
I think the first pictureshows the millimeter or so that can be 'recovered' If you remove the 3.5mm receptacle.  on an 7.6 mm device... that's serious (15% thinner) space.    I'm not certain that slimmer is better (thinking of the iPhone's number 2 use... camera and number 3 concern... battery life), but it definitely allows that option to be pursued.  And given how people orgasmed over the size/weight changes between the 4s and the 5 (20% thinner),  making an iPhone 6...
this...  the 1/8th jack has been munged to do limited data back to the mother unit.  Time to move on.. .and BT while a great technology, still has some bugs for the general public to handle. This allows for:1) a comprehensive digital audio out standard (hey... another one) that drives headphones, and small speaker/charger units at a higher fidelity 2) off loads about 3cc's of space that can be used for something else (that's a lot of battery), by making your 1/8' connector...
 Agree to the 2nd part.  on the first part, there is no reason not to think that Apple develops the same sales stratification that it's seeing in the US.  70-50% of the top 40% of the income brackets.   And that drives 'want' down into the petite bourgeois strata
this.  Pandora has hit on the 'virtual program manager' in the genome system that is magically crowdsourcing and narrowcasting at the same time.    But this... I don't think iTunes Radio was the problem Beats was designed to solve.   I think it's all at the other end of the supply chain (music label relationship management).  If you're spending 10's of billions a year 'paying for the right to delivery' music from the labels, spending 2.5B to improve 'cost of goods'  (If...
meh. Show me the HomeKit integration where I can turn on my Phillips Hue Lights, turn the HVAC from 'no one home' to 'occupied' and turn off my ELK Alarm system, and unlock my back door as I walk toward my back door.
I concur.  I upgraded to 8GB on my 2010 Mini, and was hitting the wall constantly (I was running ICleanMemory every 30 minutes or so).   Upgrading to Mavericks reduced the performance degradation at 7.5GB in use or above.  replacing the stock HD with SSD made this computer spiffy fast.    Spending $400 on Memory and an SSD*  was a better upgrade path (saving money to buy dual 27" monitors in my near future). *(All was not good... I torqued my SuperDrive in putting the SSD....
 That's where Airplay would be nice.   I'm at a 2010 mac Mini... I had a 25' HDMI cable connected to my mini for that in the past... now I'm in a different room... Airplay would be great.    Power Nap is another 'needs a newer CPU/Motherboard' limitation.  AirDrop is less limited, isn't supported on all Mavericks supported configs. The over/under on all Apple SW functionality on Apple HW is about 2.5 years.     On phone's this is closer to 1.9 years.   In my line of work,...
1) nothing on Beats in the keynote2) Wall Street buys on the rumor, sells on the news.   we've had 6 weeks of rumors.  Today was news.3) Tim Cook does a lot less than Steve Jobs did.  That said, he's no Steve Jobs, but compared to any other CEO, he's a lot better to listen to.