or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

agreed that this is not major evidence.   Samsung watched the market.  The iPhone 4s was eating Samsung's lunch.   Samsung called a meeting to clarify both the competition and align on a strategy... If anything it called out the carrier's in their limits in getting Apple to sell anything other than a premium phone, and the carriers then going to Samsung et al, and saying 'we really want cheaper phones to sell, and product exclusivity to compete against other carriers.'  ...
3points 1) once everyone sells a TV like that, the profits will drop in the race to the bottom.  Then Apple has no choice but to sell a device that just plugs into your HDMI port... Oh... it already did that.        I think the converse will have to happen... the 'experience' is defined, and then built into the TV chassis.  Sort of like iOS for Autos, and even there, it's just a firmware interface. 2) The corp who cracks this has to sell more than TVs or cable channels 3)...
No Crow Served here. I don't think Apple even paid no never mind to Roku.  Do you have a reference from Schiller or Cook mentioning Roku's CEO's statement, specifically about being an iOS accessory. In fact, Roku's CEO figured it all out, and understand it more than t most AI readers. People's first purchase into the Apple world will be an iPad or an iPhone.   Once you have that you will accessorize it withYour iPad/iPhone... ($150 profit... on average)- iTMS  (let's start...
Opinions vary.  Once I started using iCloud to store photos, and iTunes Match, I got 10GB free on my 32GB iPhone.   I just think technically and strategically, it's easier to say 'No' to 128GB than to improve other facets of the phone/ipad hw base to support the end game of the apple ecosystem, because in the end, all phones will be commodities, and storage is probably the most commodity of them all.
Your belief and my opinion differ.   and i believe wholeheartedly that specs are for techs.    Show me one apple ad that says... 'Other phones suck because they don't have NNN spec!"   Even Retina display was not about 326dpi (or whatever... see, it doesn't matter), it was about the 'clearest crispest image on a phone'   That people buy.   Even then they don't fight on Spec, they fight on function... so if you're saying 'when it works for them' means that,  of course they...
Justification:  802.11ac, LTE/commodity pipes, and the cloud.    It's the endgame of the the iCloud model.... "All your data are belong to us!" and I didn't say never... I just said goes against the model.... they will go to larger memory once the price/perf/size/battery-drain fits.  
but they don't upgrade to compete with the competition... they upgrade when the price/performance/weight/battery-load works AND it solves a user problem. When was the last time you saw apple talk about RAM and ghz in a presentation?   Even 64bits was about performance... they didn't talk about 'wow, we can address Petabytes of Virtual Memory'  they talked about how fast the thing ran. How it performs in your hand is the only spec that matters.
exactly.      What was the USAF description of the F-4:  "the F-4 was an engineer's proof that if you add enough thrust, even a brick can fly" Let's see what hasn't been added-hdmi port-usb port-java-flash-Ogg Vorbis-removable battery-sdram-NFC-a physical keyboard... or any buttons other than the home button and the power button- a 6" screen- a compiler on the phone- a pony If you need to carry 128gb of stuff... and have a huge screen or HDMI out, get a MBA (and the...
"You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against Apple when you think Specs are on the line!" Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha.... . Specs aren't where apple fights it's wars... performance on the job is the critical measure. doubling storage goes against apple ecosystem model, esp. on the phone.   Same reason...
Agreed.  Apple did the same with the iPod, and the iPad. I don't know if there will be 2 new phones however.  however, I'll wait until iOS8 is discussed at WWDC as to the methods for dynamically scaling apps across multiple screen resolutions and geometries.