or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

The problem isn't 100 apps and customizing the screen... the problem is the navs within each of those apps, and letting go of a major interaction theme that Apple itself isn't ready to deploy until it gets the hardware right*** Having 100 different 'apps' on this platform will diverge it to the point of being worse than straight cable.  My guess is all of the above have been approached by apple, given the terms of the Apple Vision (not the vision itself), and they have...
 and how do you think you'll play a game on an appleTV without a iOS device or a Mac?   I don't follow the logic.  What 'Apps' do you want?
Why  Airplay is in there for all apps... and iOS7 (assume that core iOS is in this Sept18 release for aTV) appears to be a pretty big rewrite (64/32bit;-) )?
 AirPlay.   If you don't agree with their personal centric model of the iOS ecosystem,  opt out. 
They are.    Those  'wifi hotspot' (HTTP[s]) web based login pages  are grossly insecure, which is counter to your 'enterprise security' bit (WPA2 Personal minimally, and if personal passwords... then WPA2 Enterprise against your AD/Radius/LDAP services).  You can't have both. If your school is using a weblogin page for WiFi Login, it's not 'enterprise security').   It's the old 'let's get some grad student to slap up some cheap WiFi' design mode.    My nephew has used an...
 ;-)   (damn autocorrect) But to your point, Until Apple has controllers for appleTV,  There is only one interface.  The iPhone/iPad.  You then airplay the display to the Apple TV.  That's probably 10 lines of code to every Game App out there (I'm sure more... but it's boilerplate).   The bigger issue is moving to multiplayer view mode...  That's new code for all the devices... so back to your point, it would be development work... but on all platforms anyway (I could see...
 I'm always amazed at Apple's Pricing Dept.  they seem to sell things where  they price them.I'll hold my breathe on sales.... and.  with a 5c... they can update these every 6 months too.  As for the 4s.  You've never seen a GSA or large corporate contract (like Carriers).   I'll be surprised if Apple isn't on the hook to provide iPhone 4 'form factor' (including all adapters) for XX years (XX greater than 4).  
 it's not obvious... in fact as pointed out... it's flat wrong. First off, the 'owner' of the phone (personB) must provision this access to her phone, which will require personB to log in, authenticate (with a fingerprint) to the device, and say "allow this person to access my phone with the privilege of a local profile [registered AppleID mapped local app data storage]"  Then Person A would be prompted in a secure manner [ any attempt to leave will bring the phone to the...
 appears the answer is no.
 I thought the same.  The daringfireball referenced article today on the demand curve was telling in the other side...  how do you differentiate your 'high value' phone from your lower value phones, especially when released in parallel. My guess is the high end iPhone and iPad(s) will have it for a while.   While mobile shopping is cool, Internet banking requires this now (well, 2 years ago).     Once you get people used to doing this for banking/financial apps, then it...