or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

Agreed.   And Apple has reacted to lesser issues in the past, so pointing this out and getting apple to react drives all other companies into the 'we could be next' spotlight.  Singapore is one of those countries that tacitly supports big business and may in fact be involved in this at some level.  I've had very good friends go into countries and have their passports confiscated for their work duration by gov't contractors fronting the regime (Looking at you DUBAI!,...
I disagree. my guess is that only the 'c'  gets 'feature lifts' on the 'tock' cycle, whereas 's' (or plain) gets a performance lift (either new battery or new processor).   Reason:  Keeps the 1 year OS cycle intact.  Introducing new features requires a New OS... my guess is that at most, they want a point release update in the Spring. so the 'tick' cycle (fall release)- New 'High End' version (let's say 5"- Old High end gets repackaged into the 'c' version... the innards...
although this report makes a plausible case for diversification on both sides Foxconn doesn't want to mortgage it's future by becoming wholly dependent on Apple for its revenue, and Apple's imbalanced influence on Foxconn's operations.   So they are negotiating away from a risk position (they don't want Apple to set a low price, and then demand improvements in quality and workforce satisfaction to be paid fully out of Foxconn's part of the iPhone revenue).  They'd rather...
a growth in earnings and subscribers is a terrible effect of this backfire;-) The real reason... TMo likely didn't have the cash/credit on hand to buy enough phones for that 10 day sales blitz at the end of the quarter, but most of this was the lull of no one buying iPhone 5 phones during the quarter, waiting for the 5c/5s release... not their unsubed phones... which are plentiful as people switch or sell their 'old' phones.
As stated earlier... Apple doesn't have a demand problem... it has a supply problem.  They can't make enough of their high margin product.   This is likely part of the reason they likely didn't include TouchID in the iPads this year... just not enough supplier pipeline. as for price...  Apple makes it's money on the uplifts (LTE and Flash)... that the base unit price is probably right for a 'no customer surprise'  plan (that's the best thing about apple... they don't...
too much... 12" 128GB  (256GB  it too much for a company that is driving to a cloud storage model)Touch ID No more than $999... it will replace the MBA 11" in the price point range.and 899 for a 64GB model.Question would be would they build a 32GB model?  So you have .99(5c)  99(6c) 199((6c/6s)  299 (6s/Mini)  399(MiniRD,old Air 16) 499(new TouchID Air16) 599(New Air32) 699 (new Air64) 799(new air128/Pro32) 899(pro64) 999(pro 128) 1099 (MBA13/128) This again is a...
This is conceivable. I think the MBA 11" is next on the chopping block (and the 13" Macbook Pro  nonRD).  by 2015 I wouldn't be surprised to see 4" iphone 5s6" iphone 68" iPad Mini RD10" Ipad Air (rd)12" Ipad Pro (rd)13" MacBook Air13" MacBook Pro (rd)15" Macbook Pro (rd)21" iMac27" iMac27" iMac Pro (4K)Mac Mini Mac Pro  (4K)27" Cinema Display (4K)40" Cinema display (4K)Apple TV 3 (4K) This is a simple and compelling product swath
OS X... not gonna happen (soon).   at least not in a 'my mother's iPad and Mac merging into one' pleasing sort of way (to my mother).a VDI... for sure... that exists now. The inverse will happen at least on a small scale.  A-Series chips will replace X86 (intel may still be in the picture... but not at the x86 premiums).  Changing the computer is a heckuva lot easier than changing the UX of OSX apps. It's all about the expected interface.
and the fact that incremental improvements are matching the cost curve of consumer devices. Once there is a demand for graphene batteries  where performance:cost:size envelope is not consumer focused (manned space exploration, military, state sponsored intelligence gathering ;-(, or baubles for the insanely rich) it will knee over the post piece production to mass production cost cycle.   (and all the back pressure from established industries  as well...  Think Tesla vs...
Agreed and piling on.... Fewer/brighter LEDs also can mean that they have found a more efficient LED on the power curve.  Rule of thumb:  1 bulb of 2X wattage is brighter than 2 bulbs of 1X wattage (more efficient), but diffusing that light then dampens the gain (less effective).   A better back coating for diffusion and a more efficient LED would mean less net wattage necessary for the same percieved brightness, and therefore less power demand (smaller battery).