or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

If it improves the politics ('optics') of the person in office... it's all good.   However, you certainly don't want the end game.  "Welcome to the GoDaddy.com Press Briefing Room in the Benjamin Moore 'Regal White' White House... Today's Briefing is sponsored by Netflix.com, where House of Cards 3 is available for download now on your complimentary Press Pool Microsoft Surface Reporter Pros, and Press Secretary's Nissen's wardrobe was provided for promotional...
I'm less upset at Samsung than at Ortiz and the RedSox.   I'd expect him to act more like a statesman of the game (but hey... it's baseball). (of course Johnny Gomes' dress was just so fashion wrong as well....     who wears white pants before Memorial day? ;-) )  Personally, I think it's low class to sponsor-promote your trip to the White House...  I don't think it's as fine a line as some make it out.  Ortiz knows he's on Samsung's payroll, and he's cashing out on the...
and 1000 apple developers wouldn't show up.   maybe 300, maybe only 100.  Apple isn't going to spend $500 a head to ship developers to LV, on top of losing their productivity (those 1000 developers aren't there 5x24.... they show up a couple days, and head home or the office and get work done.). Why is trying to allow a larger set of people in one venue an advantage to apple.   Maybe they see the 'Developer Channel' on Apple TV 'Thinking Different?'    And 'more enjoyable'...
I'm curious of  1) how many 'invited' developers there will be?  I can't see Apple ignoring some of the leading iOS/OSX core developer teams 2) how it will address non attendee's need to know.   Will most sessions be available 'faster?' than last time?   Will there be social media (FaceTime/messages) access from non-attendees to interact with presenters?
When you get to the event, you need present evidence you are the person that bought the ticket. e.g.  your ticket is signed by the buyers AppleID.
 your 'potential' appears to be 'it could play games natively and be cheaper.'  I see the potential more as an extension of the apple ecosystem with a compelling 'one remote' interface (people want to veg in front of their TV) Why do you think console gaming is better than 'gaming that displays on a TV.'    Apple's strategy is a personal game player, that displays on a TV.     problem solved. Chromecast:  I want netflix on my dumb TV and I own an android phone and I'm...
power and sound quality.   Let battery progress and kinetic charging evolve. I see this (if it ever happens) as more tightly tying the 'ecosystem' together.  This is the correct order... improve sound capture, personalize and learn the 'owner', start 'recognizing' head gestures.  leakage in?   mic's on the earphone's work for sound cancellation.  if you 'feel' a wave, that doesn't align with 'voice' of your owner, you can create an out of phase wave to cancel it out....
 The market hasn't matured, especially the content side.   You have niche needs (games on TV, big screen phone) that most people don't want.You already bought a smart TV which raises the bar for requirements. In the end, you're not bought into the Apple target market.   And apparently, not into Amazons Apple has rarely defined the market, and in the TV space, even less so, as the market (content) is so fragmented. I do think that with iOS becoming a target for gaming, that...
not really... at least not for Apple.   The major issue here is locally sourced games and dedicated controllers.   in about 2 game buying cycles (10 years), dedicated controllers will be like pinball machines... relics of a different era. Apple's strategy is clear... the iPad/iPhone is the controller and game player.   Your TV is just a larger display.   and I want to see people play games in their car with FireTV. Same for voice search. I think Apple is defining it's game...
 I think the key here is ecosystem.   The problem in the past is that your watch, pda, mp3, phone, laptop, and TV SetTop Box desktop were all separate ecosystems.    I'd rather have countless specialized workers all part of the same 'collective' than trying to engineer integration between 5-10 different systems.Even if they didn't evolve from the same HW/SW design base, their integration frameworks are seamlessly integrated.     ITMS.  AppleID.  Secure Enclave.  AppStore....