or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

I actually see these two related.... what happens when JayZ/Beyonce' et al start building out their own music 'channels' on iTunes Radio with a Cross over channel on AppleTV.   I've had teen age daughters... in their day if they could, they would watch a Beyonce' only channel  (Beiber... Jonas Brothers, Miley) all day long. Apple TV has the reach... iTunes (AppleIDs) have the CCs.   Think about all the iTunes Match accounts out there with kids slung off the account... and...
I don't know... when it comes to store sales, Piper and Munster are the actually on the ground monitoring sales.  Gene's problem is when he needs to extrapolate to world wide sales and costs.   I would take his view of  US physical store sales and inventory as pretty solid.  
 We need Oppenhiemer and Cook to adopt the Pinkman Practice of Business Principals "Yo... Here's our earnings report..... B*tches!!!!!"
Carrier/partner specific demand is probably a higher priority.  I'm curious if the factories 'batch' phones by carrier/nationality and/or Firmware config.  That would make QA easier  ("Okay, phones off the line XX after 23:44:59.99 GMT and before 23:59:59.99 are all SIMless phones destined for France.  QA check all HW and Firmware Config Settings for the 10 phones prior, 10 phones after each config swap and every 100th phone in between"). If there is a minimum batch (a...
where is 'here' and what flavor?  It could be a particular model and packaging combination.  (a CDMA/LTE phone sent to lower Elbonia waiting for the Elbonic translated box).
based on reports like above, I would think the fact that iPhone Inventory flies through a warehouse (literally for the 'accepted' scan and waiting for the outbound truck to the retailer)... sucking the dust off all the Samsung and Nexus phones in it's vortex.
guidance will likely show up once the deal is a) final b) China Mobile launched, and c) CM orders their first restocking shipment, and no later than Dec 24 (I'm assuming... anything later, and you're just into the middle of the holidays, and Oppenheimer will just have to be locked that soundproof and cell phone proof iPhone testing room for a week to keep the information secret from the rest of the company, thus they are blissfully ignorant of the 'real numbers.'   Once...
err, welcome to publicly traded companies.if they don't announce once they see a substantial (+/- 10%) factual and confirmed change in earnings, then all the 'insiders' can't buy or sell stocks, until it's publicly announced. I'm sure some on the Board  and the CSuite may like to realize profits (or buy more shares) based on stuff like this*.  Also, it allows them to tell their suppliers about increased demand without setting off rumor alarms. * it's year end... if not...
I would expect an updated and upward guidance sometime after the 18th.     Much like they updated their guidance a week after they announced the 5s and 5c (I really think they hedged on the release date assuming it was gonna release in October, given all the hints about supply constraints, and setting up new lines for the 5c)   Given that Apple had little control over China Mobile's LTE roll-out, I would assume they assumed the worst.  Don't book revenue until it's...
I think the 'competition' is at the other end in the component manufacturing.   If you build a disk or a monitor, what interfaces are you going to support?  In the death spiral of low margins, avoiding low market demand (firewire, displayport, even DVI in the beginning, and now Thunderbolt), high cost components is design de jur.