or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

A lot more White congressmen have done far worse... so what your saying is non-white congressmen are no different than white congressmen? So they are qualified to sit on boards just like white ex-congressmen?
 The inclusion of 'rather have all white men... and if that makes me racist, I'm happily so'   is a telling turn of a phrase.    I read that as: I don't care about people not like me, as long as I get and keep mine, and I'll do whatever is necessary to do so' That's prima facie evidence of Racism as I have learned it. But I may be wrong....What's your definition of Racism?
Weak Sauce.   It's actually a testament to how non-white people can achieve when their talents are nurtured at young age and rewarded based on ability, not on what school you came from (well... in a different sense, maybe), or did I hobnob with your father in the day....
Gotta Fill the pool.  This isn't about taking some schmoe off the street and putting him on the Board.   This is executive grooming.   Large Corps pride themselves in their executive development (Apple, actually doesn't do what the military and GE do, which transfer their protege's into other divisions to get a feel of the 'whole company' - they are very 'up from the bottom' mode).    The problem won't be solved tomorrow.  But the solution can be started today.
and it's a barrier for entry that goes back generations.   If we are a people who 'apply energy to fix problems [inequality/justice]'  then this means an 'affirmative' set of 'actions' (being careful not to link those together).   The fact that, especially for African Americans, several generations got no return on their sweat, and even now, a black man with a pristine college degree will more than likely lose out to a white guy with a felony criminal record is...
Amazon is the only player that can beat Apple at Apple's Game.  Because they are all about the customer experience. This is to be expected.   As movie theaters die, and bandwidth becomes commodity, content on demand will be a battle between Apple, Cable, and Amazon.   Netflix is a one trick pony competing with the networks.  Apple and Amazon are competing against all distribution/payment networks.
yes... and there are people in the next full quartile (25% of 1Billion smartphone buyers 250M ) buying 5c's now.   I took the top 10% of that quartile for simple math....  YMMV.    As for your argument.  There are much cheaper alternatives... but if cheap was the only criteria... NO IPHONES WOULD SELL ANYWHERE until they were the same price as the lowest priced Gingerbread based plastic smartphone with a stylus and AAA batteries.   It's a VALUE proposition.   The logic is...
yes,  those that 'almost' have enough money to justify purchase of an iPhone... but not quite. Let's say 'fairly limited' is the next 2.5% of the income distribution below where iPhones sell over 40% across non US geographies.   and that market is planning to buy about 700M (see analysts note below*) non iPhone5s/5c[16/32]/Galaxy 3/4 smartphones.  If price is the only issue (and for most analysts*, it is) 2.5% of 700M  will buy  18M iPhones.   let's say that's now $200...
and I see it more like coke zero.  different formulation than diet Coke, marketed to the current age group, and most importantly, the ingredients are cheaper.  It's a long pull move.
This is less Tata and more Chevy...  Same chassis, lots of price points based on the body options wrapped around it.