or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

'The Remote' will end up being your iDevice.   If you go with Apple's basic premise that every man, woman, child, and dog will have their TouchID identified iP*, then the moment you click on the 'Remote' App, you'll be identified to the AppleTV (or whatever home system you are trying to remote into... (e.g. thermostat, garage door opener, Kuerig [oh Solipsism, here's your half caf, no fat, 2 sugar latte], gun case, whatever)*).  This is consistent with 'identifying' you as...
well, it was 4.2Million more units than my estimate;-)
I wasn't predicting, just scenario-izing.    I wouldn't be surprised if Intel rebounded really well this year and next.   But their focus on the mobile market has been there for years,and by most accounts, has been less than amazing in terms of performance envelope in real world implementations.
I suspect it sooner (Chinese New Year), but otherwise I concur. most importantly, neither wants to bend, as it opens the door for all their other supplier/carriers to ask for the same concession.
I agree with blackbook on the shuffle being replaced by a wearable... as for a 1TB iPod Classic.. doubtful... if you figure it's at least a $400 bump from 160 to 1TB in Apple's portable storage pricing, that effectively puts the Touch higher in price than the current 5C with LTE and a couple years of iTunes Match. I think the real demise of the iPod will fundamentally be the precipitous drop in LTE connection pricing. Once you're always connected for $30 a month...
 IF they were hiding something they would keep it from samsung, but even they have 30-40% of this chip spend.   And you do realize that TSMC is the 800 lb gorilla when it comes to contract chip foundries, and Samsung is quickly catching up.  Intel is only about a 200lb gorilla in the ‘contract’ chip fab business (‘foundry model’)   Playing the devils advocate…. Intel wasn’t even in the contract Fab until this fall… so to answer your question… Apple wasn’t asking, because...
 at $500Billion Market Cap... 2% change is a great change at a more absolute scale.
it's small enough (and my foot big enough) to be a stocking stuffer;-)
 I think you’re asking the wrong question…   The right question is ‘What’s Apple’s fallback plan’…. Remember...a) Digitimes… at best they have half the story rightb) Apple is funding this. c) Apple is smart at this stuff.d) if the 14nm part is true... and diversification is truly part of apple's game... then the logical next question is 'who else is part of the 14nm supply stream to reduce Apple’s Risk on TSMC history of blown deadlines and quality issues?’   e) the only...
which is misleading in a iDevice Thread.