or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

22nd makes sense.   Ship date… ideally 'something' will be available before the 31st to get a final bump on Q4 revenue. I would think Friday the 25th.  Make for a interesting earnings call the next week.  
 only if you mean 'pull it out your @ss' 'anal'yst.  Anyone speculating on Apple's 'next size iPad' based on chip architecture is seriously high on something.  Moreso if you're listening. the next iPad will exist then screen energy costs/battery capacity/weight  falls into an optimal envelope ('holding it between thumb and 2 fingers' optimal).  That's the usage metaphor of the iPad.  CPU performance means little… CPU power efficiency X Battery Amps/Lb is the key factor. In...
 almost almost almost agree. The question will always be how much SSD will they put in an iPad.   It has to be over 128GB for me to forgo the laptop (I have a lot of standard content that I need to include in my work, and most of my work requires disconnection from the outside world).  64GB isn't quite enough for the work I do, and I'm not sure the touch UI as primary works in my primary content creation mode.  I could be wrong… but it's the old 'how to accelerate creating...
 Which is exactly backwards of how they should do it. 1) Deliver and claim the 'we have the best Office' for iOS and Android  (in 2011), require a 365.com license for 'full' capabilities (I dunno, what that would mean, but MS would figure it out). 2) When Surface is announced... work like heck to get parity for the new solution for the RT ARM version, and figure out a way to get the 'full' (keyboard) version on the Pro... Version 1.1 released for 'free' with the Surface...
 while your arguments are bordering on credible, your spelling (don't Caps your spelling mistakes!!!) may be your downfall..   And your logic appears to be neophytic.1) apple iPad isn't BSODing on you either.  Yet, you're saying the Surface 2 (a new device running Intel Win8) won't BSOD?  that's quite an extrapolation.2) Nokia isn't a partner anymore… it's a transaction away from being a competitor again (selling off phone division to MS)3) you have no idea what selling an...
seems a week late%u2026 wonder if they have more important stuff they have to deal with before that%u2026.;-)
 asked and answered 2 weeks ago. The consensus (in my mind;-) was that Intel is so far ahead in performance and is improving power efficiencies so quickly, that no ARM chip save for the most magical of Apple technologies would be able to meet the Intel offering.  Unlikely any cross over device in the 2 years that a person hired today is to deliver magic within. My guess hire is schooled in the ways of low power intel/haswell optimizations.  So Apple can keep it's AXx power...
and my thought... much like every computer, and phone Apple makes (it almost has to with NTP and GPS requirements... it's got to have an accurate (more than you or I want it to be) timepiece on the inside), the next personal thing Apple makes will display the time.      But I doubt it's a watch.   It may be worn on the wrist, but it's not a watch. Note:  10 million thingees now... in Apple's portfolio, is almost non-news.  Especially at  $199 or less price...
 and 5" screen.  Key differentiator in the big box and retail stores.   Like a buffet vs a fine steakhouse, that extra heapin' helpin' of screen on a phone is a decisioner for lots of people (poor eyesight, and big fingered people expecially).   People can't help themselves thinking that bigger is better, especially at the same price point
 also, the pricing on the 5c allows for more discounting... it's more profitable for the big box stores (and in china and japan).   As long as they only run it as promotions, I don't think Apple has an issue with it (they get the same amount in the end).