or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

not really... at least not for Apple.   The major issue here is locally sourced games and dedicated controllers.   in about 2 game buying cycles (10 years), dedicated controllers will be like pinball machines... relics of a different era. Apple's strategy is clear... the iPad/iPhone is the controller and game player.   Your TV is just a larger display.   and I want to see people play games in their car with FireTV. Same for voice search. I think Apple is defining it's game...
 I think the key here is ecosystem.   The problem in the past is that your watch, pda, mp3, phone, laptop, and TV SetTop Box desktop were all separate ecosystems.    I'd rather have countless specialized workers all part of the same 'collective' than trying to engineer integration between 5-10 different systems.Even if they didn't evolve from the same HW/SW design base, their integration frameworks are seamlessly integrated.     ITMS.  AppleID.  Secure Enclave.  AppStore....
It's more like Samsung saw a faster path to market and rode that horse until the foal in the barn was old enough to ride. Tizen is from the LiMo project which was created (just) before the iPhone was introduced, and before you could get Android from Google.   It was more an effort to avoid licensing costs of WiMo and Nokia/Symbian.   Samsung worked on LiMo for a while, but committed to Android 18 months later (Nov 2007), and  put LiMo/Tizen on hold until 2011.
When Apple was in the verge of being kicked out of the majors... it strung together a few game winning hits, iMac, iPod, Powerbook, OSX... At the time, they were good solid singles and doubles... but they got Apple into the post season, and therefore enough to retain them on the roster. The Macbook,  the iPhone, the iPad... those were Out of the park grand salamis...   pushing the Apple to the championships. Now, with the ballpark sufficiently larger, hitting it out of the...
I think your 'eating' analogy can be turned against you. If your competitors are eating all the rancid, tough beef and 'beef-like' markets, and you are still feasting on tender prime rib and filet mignon,   I say let them eat themselves full.' HOWEVER, What I see from the charts is lost opportunity 9 months out of the year. Apple is a one quarter beast.  I used to think the Xmas quarter was one where everyone sold a lot of phones.  But world wide, it appears that Apple...
first born sons are always a fungible assets, as are souls...   I'm surprised there isn't  one on the market yet.  It would be nice have a lightning connected keyboard and battery pack. my guess is that apple TV will never be the 'game...' it will be the display of a game running on your High performance game.performance = fast.User experience = quick. You don't have to be fast to be quick, if you can properly coordinate and anticipate your next move.    The issue is...
this is slightly different, where the 'style' of the car's 'infotainment' interface is evolving from decades (maybe only years) of consumer experience. Mid and 'low-luxury' cars have a 3 year half life for most people (lease new, 24-36 months, or buy, and keep until 36,000 sort of the low end of warranties now), therefore like phones, consumers continually upgrading.  Watches have been around for centuries, and high-end multi-function ('complicated')  chronometers for over...
in a world that is about to have a a real 'damn the profits, full marketshare ahead' player in the TV internet STB world.    This is the correct thought thread.  Roku could 'play' when appleTV was a 'hobby.'  But Apple is reaching out to the content owners, creating 'apps' (internet channels), and having these integrate to the non STB world (ipad, iphone, ipod).   And with Amazon coming into the market, Roku is now a small time player with a 6 shooter caught inbetween two...
Ballmer's gone.... There's a vacuum in the Anti-Apple FUD world (don't you hear that giant sucking sound?, especially after all the MS love about the iPad yesterday)...  and nature abhors a vacuum
it's more of where you are when you need to buy it again.    Unless I'm a MS sharedholder,  if I'm on my iPad, and it says, 'pay up'  and it's 99/year on the ipad and 99/year on the Office365 website (or PC, or surface)... what incentive will I have to leave the environment, pull out my credit card, and type in all the info.   Why not just click pay, enter my AppleID password, and continue working?