or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

I think both are right, although the latter is less of an issue if the former was not true.  The external subscription is the key factor here.   as long as that is the revenue stream, microsoft staunches the revenue hemorrage.  It's no different than my IRA management app... it's free, but they are taking 1% of my assets under management.   I think it better be free (and a send me a few free tickets to your golf tournament too..)
and I dropped my sunday edition as well.   I like the NYT, but $32/month for just the sundays (out in the hinterlands) to get a tactile edition of the 'soft stuff' and electronic access to everything else was borderline for me.   I was fine at $16/month.  I'm stuck now just with my NPR and BBC, which aren't as in-depth as the grey lady. And Like you I understand this.  We are seeing a swing in the pendulum of professional journalism against the market forces.   I don't...
you sound incredulous... ;-) Analysts will see the china market implode... of course Analysts will see this as the 'cold hearted efficiency... time to make a buck on the backs of the suffering Chinese people' of  Cook's Apple, not the 'we care enough to change the world, and just have people happy dancing on the sides of buses' of the Steve Era. my guess there will be a report of 'iPads in the cockpit'  soon. Malaysia Airlines, Boeing, the Malaysian Gov't... all are mere...
It won't It's the other way around.  Comcast will start offering "a 'Smart Settop Box'" that is an AppleTV. The 'talks' will be how much of the partnership will be exclusive functions to Comcast.  Apple will demand absolutely none.   And will win.   The key is to have a cable company integrate/allow a non-Comcast owned box on it's network, and it's an AppleTV with a Comcast App, that they configure.   The key thing will be (my theory on steve's 'solved it' moment) that all...
I don't know... NPR.com and the NPRnews app has been fronting every local content provider live streaming... I don't think it would affect it anymore than now.   radio stations on iTunes have been there what... 5 years? including most of the larger (and home base of many NPR content sources)? As a sustaining member of an local (well not local anymore... I moved) Public Radio regional network,  I'm sure I'm paying for a bit of this;-).
I can imagine it on 3 points1) it will be the lightest 'feeling' big phone out there2) Apple's Target Market is 5 years older, (and their eyes are aging maybe even faster, due to staring at 3.5" screens for 3 years)3) new phones always outsell last years model (The rule of thumb was that by the time a model 'retires' it will have sold as many as all prior iPhones combined.... I don't know that will be true in a couple years when saturation starts to occur). After the...
 The other side of this is like airline 1st class upgrades. order up front  costs $999get a $399 Q class fareshow up at the airport, and  1st class isn't sold out, the seats are usually much less than the diff in tkt prices,  Typically I see them at $150-299.They would rather have you pay at least something to upgrade than to give them to uber ruby platinum upgrade list member.  in sporting venues, especially for the 'camera', they want to fill the lower bowl.   If the...
sigh... speed reading fails me.
Well, because (in my case)... sometimes you want to get the part, instead of having your laptop shipped off to Genius land.    my last trip to FirstTech was to get an Apple SuperDrive to install on my daughter's 2008 macbook.   Went to MoA Apple Store  and they couldn't give me the part to fix it, as the only option was depot repair and a week out and back and costy.  FirstTech had the part, and while more costy, it was fixed by end of day (by me). FirstTech died the day...
73 years 37 years   Dyslexia runs rampant within the AI writer and editorial community!