or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

Bing is missing a lot of secret sauce.   Search engines are not search engines.   I've been running Bing on my phone and my wife is using google.  we both search for the same stuff, and her's seems to be more context aware a significant (10% more give or take) amount of searches.   Now... unlike baseball where batting .700 vs .630 is still amazing, This is more like medicine, where I want to get to .970-.990 in terms of accuracy.
  Err... firmware updates?.  I've had my Honda Firmware upgraded 2X since 2003... it's not rocket science.   At your X0,000 dealer maintenance... they plug in and upgrade you for iOS8 enhancements (which should cover you for 2 more years).     And the software looks to be pretty dumb. For the most part... most of this could be purely display server SW (I'm an old X11 head).  Unless Siri starts controlling environmentals ("Set driver temperature to 68DegF, and passenger...
err, your alternative does not follow.   Better him than the organized crime syndicate  would be a better example.   Unless your use of Apple's Dev Sites exposes who you talk to, how you spend your time in your bedroom, or passwords to your how to bomb US landmarks websites, the NSA is pretty much a non-threat at the moment.   He did do apple a valuable service.  However, he did not do it professionally.  He sought self promotion and some vindication by posting it online....
  I do.  Touch screen iMac.   Haswell and lighter glass, full SSD, and you've got the makings of low heat (most of the depth is glass, support for glass, and fan depth), low weight device.  at 13-19" It would be the transition of the iMac/mac Mini line,using BT keyboard and mouse.... and with a $99 'base', it could support thunderbolt and USB3.0, as well has have external speakers, etc.  low weight, high visibility (RD?), it becomes a    Eventually, I see this as the the...
I don't agree with the laptop replacement.   why not then a laptop?   Corp America still has mainframes... it doesn't deinvest from new technology that quickly.  The race to the bottom has laptops priced the same as the Surface Pro, and there is no learning curve.  For 'replacement,' corporates like plug and play.   'Needed' is a strong term.   The iPad (fully touch/motion interface now... evolving to a voice/touch/motion (and likely visual) as Siri and other technologies...
The real tag line is:   "There is no Tablet Market.  There is an iPad Market."
  yes, but.  putting these out as the .99 cent phones (to replace the 4s)  for the US carriers makes sense for   1) getting to a common connector 2) flushing an old technology baseline out of the queue  faster (iOS7 is probably most limited by iPhone 4 and 4s)       better graphics to handle the more complex paralax work       better wifi and LTE support       better CPU (but not samsung crap... a real CPU)   3) eliminating a form factor (the 4/4s geometry) which in the...
my guess is $249 ($80).  249 is a pretty solid price point...  The goal is to get rid of the iPad 1&3 (old chips, connectors), and retire the iPad 2.  (which, for developers is pretty much an iPad Mini in the visuals, if you want to make your users sharpen their fingers.).   The old Ipad form factor will be around for at least 1 more upgrade cycle (see below).   Its about connectors and 'consumer/entry level' products.   It's the same reason I hold out hope for a iPhone...
piling on previous correctors.   a) you disqualify yourself as a 'loyal' apple customer if you feel a android device is better long term than the next Apple device.   b) you should really preface your statement with this 'if'  : "If THIS RUMOR IS TRUE, AND THE IPAD MINI RETINA COMES OUT IN OCTOBER"  and finish with       "I'LL BE VERY HAPPY" c) do you understand the concept of the Osborne Effect? d) HD screen resolution is great, but really, at 18" does it matter.   What...
Apple was 'advised' to liquidate and return the cash to it's shareholders. Apple was 'advised' to license it's OS software Apple was 'advised' to stay out of the phone business Apple was 'advised' to allow flash and java on it's smartphone Apple was 'advised' to use Intel chips in it's iDevices Apple was 'advised' to not open retail stores Thanks for the advice Mr Analyst. Now if you were smart enough to run a company that doesn't believe the world revolves around...