or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

Apple was 'advised' to liquidate and return the cash to it's shareholders. Apple was 'advised' to license it's OS software Apple was 'advised' to stay out of the phone business Apple was 'advised' to allow flash and java on it's smartphone Apple was 'advised' to use Intel chips in it's iDevices Apple was 'advised' to not open retail stores Thanks for the advice Mr Analyst. Now if you were smart enough to run a company that doesn't believe the world revolves around...
the do but they won't   If anything, they will own the initial production of the AXx line of chips and custom ASICs needed for the next phone/pod/pad/mac,  using the virtual fab designs to keep the design in house, then make their initial runs in house as well.   Once established, they will push the proven etches and design to the market of fab facilities for volume and longevity.   This has 2 distinct advantages... One, all the initial proofing of chips is done under...
Given the back to school specials are out right now... Likely Late Sept/early October at the earliest.  my guess is that they will hold off until Mavericks is released, as you can see there is no marketable performance benefit for buying one now on the spec side of the sheet.
This.... if you want on the information superhighway... you need to have a bundle of dark fiber nearby.   As for the size and layout of the property... given their indication to build effectively an artisan well from an underground aquifer for evaporative cooling, and a solar farm, the layout of the property is likely aligned with water rights and solar reception.  The alignment makes it so no one can build a tall building in your solar path in December.   Being in the...
  piling on... MS is going to a Azure based licensing model that will make that subscription model a requirement.  in 4 years, the only way you will be able to install Office on a PC will be either connected to your corporate LAN, or registering an account on office365.com, and then committing to a particular license group... if using a corporate license group, the corporation may and will require your system to be registered with them (in their AD), and/or tie it to...
bulk and weight are counter intuitive to the Mini portable and light.   if bulk and weight are not an issue for you, you got the iPad 4... so.. apple does make a product for you... why confuse your choice?
My guess is they have two full prototypes one mini and one without.... and they are weighing the cost to build vs anticipated profits vs cannabilizaion of other iPad lines (Mini 'Classic', iPad 5, iPhone 5s, MBA).   While they are all about cannabilizing, they won't do it at a loss, especiallly if no one is competing with them at the current price point.   My personal opinion... is that the iPad Mini may wait till iOS 7.2 or .3 (spring release), IF apple releases a new...
Meh.   most of your 'early adopter' are fairly late stage low risk adoptions, and all very Apple  specific... doesn't equate to the 'I'll get one and see if my life is better for it, even though I have no idea why I'm getting it"  early adopter life-modder attitude needed for something like this... (the ATV is about the only 'wow... wonder what this is good for' purchase... and only if didn't have an iTMS account and a house full of Macs and iPods).   If you said you...
  be careful what you wish for.   1) your point "Everyone has been better off with Android on the cheaper phones"   is false on 2 points... 1) the TCO of a 'cheaper' phone to the global economy is something yet to modeled.   I agree it's pushed functionality down to a certain price point, but quality and likely, security/privacy is not necessary following.  PCs were great until you put them on the internet, then the cost of a PC went up 3X, with making software/drivers...
CNN has low viewership among samsung stockholders/product owners, especially in the offices in Atlanta.