or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

and I see it more like coke zero.  different formulation than diet Coke, marketed to the current age group, and most importantly, the ingredients are cheaper.  It's a long pull move.
This is less Tata and more Chevy...  Same chassis, lots of price points based on the body options wrapped around it.
This aligns with a tick/tock modality... less so for HW but for pricing (and maybe HW... who knows?).     If you dramatically drop your mid range devices mid sales years (assuming Apple's Sales year is October-Sep), this aligns with a lot of market factors. - March-May is your Big corporate sales months...      - iPad 4's for the Department!!!!! - May-Aug is your big school age sales months      - I see 5c's and iPad4's for sending your kid off to college,  - It's...
But does it add to the new Mac Pro Bottom Line?   Bootcamp has a purpose, and it's features are market driven, but is it's purpose to run every OS ever built?  No.   Time marches on.
molehill.   the number of affected mac users is small.  The number of Windows users who would buy a Mac Pro only if it supported Win7 is probably smaller (zero... they would have a pile of Win7 systems in their closet).      It's nice fuel for the 'why did apple do this fire' but in the end, it's really not that impactful.      As noted, Apple is ruthless at not supporting a lot of things... the last thing you'd think they'd want to support is a legacy OS from MS....
I doubt that the ACC  had any ability to get their Basketball games streamed on this channel.   My guess is they want to they want to get this up for gauging their target market penetration of AppleTV/iOS users, and push out [inter]national exposure of their non-revenue sports (those where exclusive distribution isn't in the current contract).   NCAAs are a great start, in that the ACC has no contracts in conflict (NCAA 'owns' the tournament rights), so setting up their...
    It happens.  price of progress.   But we are in a world today that you can't expect every possible integration to be supported for ever.    This is the anchor that Windows XP caused.   All of a sudden it's 'lowest common denominator' vs 'greatest common factor.' Remember, developers aren't writing for a series of OSes anymore... They are writing for multiple platforms (iOS, OSX, Windows, Android[in 20 different makes and models!], WinPhone, HTML5, etc.)    To backwards...
 unlikely.   My Theory This is a blocking position to start getting Mac users 'back' to the Office Fold.  MS is pivoting to be the 'best personal management software company on any platform', away from 'you need to buy Windows 8 to have the best experience with MS Office/365.' MS wants to be your SOHO cloud platform.  If any business has a privacy concern, they will steer clear of it.   It's a differentiator from Google, and a major selling point to current MS Office suite...
The grey market is/was huge.   Scarcity in and of itself drives the bling aspect of the iPhone.
The argument comes from the OS wars, cola wars, etc.   Simple for analysts to grasp. OSes effectively were networks, and Metcalf's Law says the value of the network squared when the number of users doubled, and arguably will attract the best developers, who will write the best apps who will attract more customers, etc.    Hence, if there is someone, anyone who gains 50% marketshare and is rising, (Windows 95), all the rest are doomed. I think today Gruber at...