or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

and my thought... much like every computer, and phone Apple makes (it almost has to with NTP and GPS requirements... it's got to have an accurate (more than you or I want it to be) timepiece on the inside), the next personal thing Apple makes will display the time.      But I doubt it's a watch.   It may be worn on the wrist, but it's not a watch. Note:  10 million thingees now... in Apple's portfolio, is almost non-news.  Especially at  $199 or less price...
 and 5" screen.  Key differentiator in the big box and retail stores.   Like a buffet vs a fine steakhouse, that extra heapin' helpin' of screen on a phone is a decisioner for lots of people (poor eyesight, and big fingered people expecially).   People can't help themselves thinking that bigger is better, especially at the same price point
 also, the pricing on the 5c allows for more discounting... it's more profitable for the big box stores (and in china and japan).   As long as they only run it as promotions, I don't think Apple has an issue with it (they get the same amount in the end).
The $50 can be used to buy your next iPhone5s;-)
 and think of QVC and/or HSN with 'an App for that.'  Not even having to dial the phone... or entering a CC... just click on your AppleRemote, press buy.   enter TouchID finger.  shipping. Frictionless buying.   One Click Purchase was Amazon's 'TouchID' moment. The don't want to be bypassed by Apple
 because it's obvious, once apple does it. No really... I've seen this coming for 2 years now.  Apple is staking its space for delivery of online content...   AppleIDs are worth the same as AmazonPrime accounts.   This was obvious the moment the iPhone appears as a 'Point of Purchase, ' eliminating the Mac iTunes app as the 'shopping app'    Amazon knew this at that time.   The kindle wasn't in response to the iPad, but to protect their first level product (books) from...
 If 'icloud' is a product, then 'iBank' can be one too;-) Apple provides services, and even does financing.Look at Passbook as  something you can 'put cash in' and all of a sudden Apple's providing pre-paid e-spending cards. It doesn't have to be 'apple' it could be a wholly owned subsidiary, paid for by cash, of course... and can be in several different [safe banking] countries.My first choice wouldn't be a bank, but a payment card processor (reduce the fees on CC...
 Why not Plastic Shell? It would make more sense in that it would outwardly designate the 'class' of device as the same as the iPhone 5c.  Granted, the savings aren't that great compared to not using fused champhored glass, but it would less expensive, and likely a savings on a par with dropping from 16 to 8GB. All said, it's a supply chain rumor.   Reuters and Kuo may be using the same set of sources, and it's really just 2 reports of the same data, and therefore of...
Any thought of Apple replacing both the Cable Set Top Box and the Cable Modem?  I mean like Airport Extreme TV?