or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

at 12" thats 1.5x what a purported 8" Mini RD would be…    12" works well if you look at pixel density…   2x the iPad4 resolution on a 11.8" is 217ppi.   That's almost the same  as 15" retina MBP and only 10ppi less than a 13" That makes for the 'reasonable' transition size for a 4:3. and it's also 1.5x the size of the iPhone 5 screen ratio, if they decide to go more 16:9 for the 12" (personal media device)   Either way it makes for a simple multiplier for...
Not Open MacOSX… never.  Apple will control their experience on all platforms. The question comes in whether or not Intel is 'worth it'?  AxX chips are fast catching up (they are 5 years behind Intel at the moment… effectively the power of a Macbook when the iPhone 3GS was released.)  When that performance curve tightens, and remember, Apple has no compromises with Windows or Linux or vmWare any of the other consumers of x86, so it will tighten, it becomes a serious...
 I think the difference is he's not trying to financially manipulate the stock price.   I tend to listen to individual analysts to understand their logic.  DED's speculation is one at least rooted in a long term understanding of the Apple Corp Psyche'.   He may have gotten the Samsung A7 thing wrong (at least partially), but at least he has a story that weaves into a [ir]rational analysis of how Apple got to where it is, and where it's likely going. DED looks like a damn...
 agreed.  Although, we may hear something like. "You didn't beat our estimates by the amount we secretly thought you would beat our estimates by…" That guidance yesterday should trigger everyone one into thinking that Apple really didn't think they would ship the iPhone 5s until October, or at least till this week.  The math seems to indicate the opening weekend sales is almost exactly the amount of the guidance.   2Billion of extra profit this quarter split evenly on...
North Carolina, Nevada, and Oregon%u2026 2015 capacity is growing%u2026. And to think these are just the 'seed' data centers, with the Akamai and other CDNs handling the real traffic. What content and services require such a huge footprint from a hardware company? people looking at the 5s and thinking all the money is made at the HW end%u2026 my guess is by the end of the decade, online services will eclipse iPhone profits.
 And the herd mentality of all analysts.  The blind trying to describe the elephant by screaming what they have found… eventually, you'll end up with consensus of either  leather tree, or a snake, or the largest bagpipe in the world.
 It was noted in the trial closing arguments (I can't find the transcripts of the evidence produced and them tying it to the email memos that led to the 'crisis in design' moment where the copying was supposedly authorized)  that Samsung SemiConductor, in the course of doing business with apple was becoming more interested in the 3GS 'aesthetics' asking more and more questions about it in 2008 (why would a chip group ask about rubber banding and rounded square icons), and...

Misek proclaimed (via cnet) in June: "Our checks also indicate that Apple's wafer starts at Samsung's Austin fab have likely been cut" Maybe that's 'otherwise' but that's my reference.  One could argue that's retroactive (and not forward looking), but the premise of his guidance was 'Apple to cut iPhone orders for the rest of the [2013] year.'   And I wasn't presupposing launch, just A6 chip starts.
 Samsung Electronics, it's parent company.   and yes it's an implication.  Not bearing in fact.   The fact is Samsung is under injunction to be ready to prove that any designs of it's devices must not be derivative of Apple Product technically or in 'dress.'   The fact that that paper exists, give them 'faster entry' into any Samsung business, as the court has already ruled in favor.   No Samsung Semi person will risk another Billion of punitive damages in sharing...