or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

Or, someone expects an elevated game of techno sarcasm and was woefully disappointed;-)
 Direct TV has the contract for that now (NFL Sunday Ticket) and it would be the one that Apple would need to pry into… the 2015 contract is under negotiation now…. but the NFL thinks it's worth more than the market currently bears (DirectTV lost money on it over the last 3 years, paying a BILLION dollars a year for the privilege).  So, the question is who is willing to loss lead with the NFL.   Given terrestrial Internet in the US, I doubt that AppleTV will do better than...
 after the last update, I just moved all the stuff I don't care about  'below the fold.'  Out of sight, out of mind.  Is that so hard?
 someone doesn't understand 'content update,' vs OS update.
we're going to get a lot of these comparisons in the next few months%u2026 The next will be Apple's iPad revenues compared to all the PC makers in the world%u2026. It always amazes me that the Dow 'can't' put Apple into the DJIA, because it's TOO BIG. It shot past all the 'dogs' (those that typically get replaced), and now would so unbalance the Dow that it would be the "Apple Industrial Average," if you tried to replace just one company with Apple, or the resultant...
You know there are several mac home automation systems out there .... I use perceptiveautomation's indigo. But, I think the next evolution will be an IP(v6) based solution that is mesh/collectively managed, and not head ended by mac or PC. I think nest is the first of that model of automation
 piling on... laptops were old technology when the MacBook was releasedmp3 players were old when the iPod was releasedSmartphones had been around for years prior to the iPhoneMicrosoft claims that they invented the tablet computer in 2001, 9 years before the iPad.Apple didn't invent 64bit computing… just made it work for phones.and... Apple didn't invent fingerprint authentication… just made it right for the consumer.  It's not perfect, just better.  I suspect, like Siri,...
 this.   Remember this is china, where 1000 year plans are the norm… 7 years is barely a tick of the economic clock. Note in 2020, that's 4 turns of the apple design crank (2014, 2016, 2018, 2020).  And with the 'c' series, maybe more.Also, this matches phone lives most phones don't live past the age of 2 with their original owners.  You'll buy 3 more phones before 2020. If China is like the US in terms of consumer 'switching'  70% of Android Users from 2 years ago will be...
 17W does sound right. I have a hard time with a note/book/keyboard format.  confusion in the eye of consumers between of MBA vs iPad 12.   But a keyboard 'folio' makes more sense (now that apple is fully engaging iPhone covers and smart covers on iPads).
at 12" thats 1.5x what a purported 8" Mini RD would be…    12" works well if you look at pixel density…   2x the iPad4 resolution on a 11.8" is 217ppi.   That's almost the same  as 15" retina MBP and only 10ppi less than a 13" That makes for the 'reasonable' transition size for a 4:3. and it's also 1.5x the size of the iPhone 5 screen ratio, if they decide to go more 16:9 for the 12" (personal media device)   Either way it makes for a simple multiplier for...