or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

I disagree to a degree.  If it were price, the Mini would have flopped in the market it came into, and the iPad 4 would not have sold at all against the iPad2. The factor is 'need' at the time.  'need' has many dimensions: portability, app performance, battery life, visual presentation, app sphere, build quality etc.  And the Uber need:  What qualities of the device best meet my individual job requirements for this device. The Mini was competing in a space with the...
If I were to imagine the 5'c' will be 99c in a year.  It will be selling like hotcakes as the late adopters children get their phones.the 6 and 6c will be released (6'c' = 5s capabilities + ? .  6?  who know?) and with it's lower manufacturing margins, one can assume it's off-contract price will erode faster (once the manufacturing costs have depreciated) than the 4 and 4s, so it may be even more of a cost saver.  In the end, you're right, but less about a 'cost saver' and...
if you're rich enough, your estate lives on...
yes... but... sending a Sawbuck in an colored paper envelope sealed with cheap glue any better?   (postal inspectors actually recommend that you never send money or gift cards in a non-standard envelope... better to enclose a Birthday card in a large business manilla envelope... unscrupulous  USPS workers are attracted to pastel envelopes like bees to flowers). And with most SSLs Txs at 128bit encryption (silly us), and to most online criminals... SSL is like a 'colored...
and the only thing I seek is release dates.   AppleTV... while nice... I would think we would see some content contracts being rumored for the true functionality. (I am holding out hope that container fully of 'Apple Set top Boxes' is a cable ready box, complete with Docsis 3.0+ compatibility, a 'cable' app, local caching of at least 5 cable channels (current, last, adjacent up/down, and likely next (if you're surfing) and built in wireless and wired routing...
Low cost does not mean non-Retina.   the gating factor battery life.  If they can get a battery in and maintain the price/profit point and get to Retina (and a6x/a7 etc.), they will do it. Retina is that 'wow... I never thought I'd desire this' function.   And it also starts the retirement timeline for the 1024x768 real estate option (which allows for the addition of another pixel layout/density in the future). So as people clamor for a larger phone display, a 12" iPad,...
isn't calling out Gazelle as 'An AppleInsider Partner' clearly stating the 'interest' I read it as such.  No need for any more explanation or disclaimer.
 Well a topped out iMac is current 2800BP(with VAT) or $4500USD before state sales taxes.It's in Mac Pro territory. and really, I think that's what Apple wants (or it thinks it's largest set of High End consumers want).   
1) it was preannounced in June to be a 2013 delivery, so the timing of your timing comment is odd;-)2) 'most businesses' don't use a Mac Pro as a desktops...  this is a niche product in a niche market. 3) businesses that do use Mac Pros have been keeping $$ in the budget since before June;-)... even large businesses have their 4th quarter spending splurges to make sure they don't make 'too much' money in a particular quarter [less about taxes, and more about keeping...
driving light to the screen is the major power suck.  you have 4X more LCDs, therefore 4X more signalling to fire the same pixels.But that said, the real power savings comes from more efficient LED backlighting, which one would assume has improved over the past year.