or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

But the foot traffic increases....   You can't sell something in the store if someone doesn't walk in the store. That's the game plan folks.   Someone buys a MiniRD and tells 2 friends who tell 2 more friends... pretty soon, a whole bunch of iPad Airs and MacBook Airs are being bought on impulse at the retail store, along with a $50 iTunes Gift Card, and oh... lemmee look at that gold phone.... I'm sure the intent is that Apple's Retail Mavens want to make sure that people...
the 'conventional wisdom' is too always buy the biggest 'market' leader in a 'open' market.  They will have the resources to fix the problems, and then you can always move to the 2nd or 3rd place (Dell? Lenovo?) with a 'HP is in... but we want an alternative source,' to get a great deal and boot HP out.   It's a game we all loved to play back in the day. But... here the issue is Win8, which isn't crappy SW per se..., just a crappy experience on a tablet.  The crappy SW...
 One thing you do have to realize that Apple does use the market to define what people want out of their phone.   If older people and younger people are buying larger phones (older people are increasing in population and smartphone penetration and have more disposable income, and younger people are the 'first phone' generation... capture them and you have them for life), then Apple will strive to match their needs.   Look at the iPod Mini/Nano/Shuffles... delivered to...
I doubt that.  Retail is and will be alive and well... it will 'cloudily'  (e.g. Amazon)... But that's no different than what Macy's was 100 years ago... One hundred little shops inside one big one. I see the next tick of groceries is 'concierge shopping'   You make your menu/list on your home device.... upload it to the store, and  what's on your list is bagged and in cool/room/warm storage and waiting for you at your estimated time of arrival. Why... If you don't have...
I'm surprised Macy's didn't get them in red and star shaped.  Branding.   Personally, I'd like a bit more 'concierge' service.  If you are beaconing, I'd want a sales associate come right up to me and 'take over' and have an iPad with my previous purchases (sizes.... I never remember my wife's size in Jones New York vs INC.), my wish list, and most importantly, INVENTORY.  My famous question of "Do you have this in 'nnn' size makes every Macy's employee cringe (by first...
Time tested really means, the last great compromise that stuck for people who invested a lot to  understand RAID, and SAN and HyperChannel, and TRIM and... you get the picture.    Somehow Creative types really don't care about all that, at least the ones I know (and I know a few). With all sincerity....  for 99.9999% of the target market for iOS, not one thing you ask for makes sense for Apple to do.     If apple makes any iOS device... it's got to sell in the millions a...
 I'm trying to grok the 12.9 iPad 'for the couch' or 1on1 presentations...   Personally, I think Apple is driving for 3 jobs for it's iOS devices with crossover points1) on the go portability (one hand)   - iphone/ipad mini2) personal productivity (one person) - ipad mini, ipad air, ipad 133) professional productivity (think Doctor, Designer), iPad Air, iPad 13 The Mac Line still does a different job (multi-task professional).   It's the 'connection workhorse' I truly...
Well, that narrows it down 2 (LG or Samsung).  Sharp is in Japan (well with a components division in Korea, but the glass is made in JP) Or it could be Apple back channeling stuff down to a marketing organization ('supplying Apple with posters and swag'), to get Samsung and LG to  zig when apple is Zagging ('Hey, we got Samsung to make watches... let's see them make a 15" tablet... let them define the market for us with out us risking anything...;-).  12.9"?  with a bezel?...
 Evil and profitable companies don't care about bragging rights
17Million.   about 90 minutes of profits for Google.