or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

The ecosystems are pretty much defining that if you don't control the HW, the OS, and the ecosystem, you're not going to make money in technology at a F100 scale anymore. Apple, Google, Samsung are in that mode now. Tablets are the new personal computer, and will likely replace the laptop within corporate in the next 10 years, if they aren't Window licenses, MS will be losing a Billion (probably more) for every 10Million Tablets sold... So 100Million iPads would equal...
 $300 is the price where they will settle (what's that, a P/E of 6?)?????    Margins are too high?   What ecosystems exist outside of the US that are better than iCloud/iTMS/OSX....  Apple must beware of the Blackberry scenario...    David Pogue and the USA Today control the market, not Wall Street (Kramer).   Peter Misek is the optimist of the 2...  Now that's funny Amazing.   
 can't prove a negative... but the fact is there is no Haswell rMBP announced now.  But... you'd think they'd have higher priorities.... In  5weeks (doubtful an announcement after Nov 1, never been done after the last week in October, till the first full week in January... but never say never) I would think they need to announce:1) a new AppleTV  ('ac' networking, and something worth bricking all current Apple TVs;-) )2) a new iPad Mini (retina, a6x, m7?)3) a new iPad...
 Oct 22.   Full month to build up the marketing team to recruit people to stand in line. But that gives Apple a Month (I hope, I hope, I hope) to announce a new iPad prior to the Xmas season.   And given Apple's lead time, likely shipping before the 24th.   That sort of 'cross hype' would kill the Surface.  All Apple has to do is release a 'rumor' that they are going to announce... and that would dampen any potential switchers (?????).   An actual announcement of a A6X/A7X...
 yes spent a few minutes in both modes.  got it to zero fairly often
When EF Hutton Tim Cook Talksweets, People Listen.
If I were the store manager, I would have handed Tim a Blue T Shirt and had him working inventory (or lack of it).
 While I agree that there are reasons to move to 64 bit and most people were 'moving' there, the problem is getting 5 different groups to align on them1) Google/Android: They need to step up and build out 64 bit reference platform2) 53a/57a or combo by the Chip makers 3) HW vendors need to decide on a chip4) carriers have to decide to buy it.5) developers have to want to port to it. Apple controls 1-3, and IF Apple makes an iPhone,  Carriers WILL buy it, and Apple...
well, until the US load kicks in (The phone may be the same underneath, but unit labelling/etching, packaging, power plug), and the pre-planning levels for each combination really drive the supply levels for each country), I'm not really concerned.   It may be that 90% of the pre-release production may be sitting in FedEx warehouses in Memphis…  (or not ;-( )   After Monday, then I'll worry or not. (I'm looking at at Oct 1st-ish purchase).   The fact it is the same...
Your guess pretty much answers itself and contradicts your initial premise.   The original iPod was just music.  So there was no 'reduction,' just refinement. The shuffle served a job that Apple wanted to fill for its consumers [highly mobile set and forget music player for highly active people].   If anything, the iPod Touch was the outlier [an iPhone without the phone].  The shuffle is mainstream, distilled back to the core. With the iPhone, and iPad,  Apple is building...