or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

sigh.  why is it a glaring hole in their product line.  If they are missing MILLIONS of sales... it's a glaring hole. 1,000s?  not so much.
What it looks like and what it does are 2 totally different things. Pictures showing the shape and the relative size keep apple in the news. Things like 64 bit , A7, M7 tend to stay above the assembly line worker paygrade. As long as apple has their big WOW moment on stage, I think the leaked pics only provide the 'coming soon' marketing for free.
'Around September..." August 31 till November 1 is that time frame. There is no news here. Hurry along people, hurry along.
Agreed. They already put moisture detection in their units to void warranty repairs if they've been tripped (I had a 4s that did that... it got a bit flaky, and instead of a free replacement under the annual warranty (or if it were appleCare), they charged me $50 for a 'water replacement/warranty repair' My guess is that's not much of a profit.  But people complaining of 'flaky' devices and not getting them checked by a genius bar, my guess it's this or a SW setting that...
 Not to mention that in Apple's current product model, several of Apple's products have no need for integrated baseband circuitry, other than BT/WiFi, and even there, I would argue using industry leaders is a lower risk option.  There is very little to be gained other than power management, and even there, the industry seems to be building in low power modes that Apple can dictate some capabilities (nice being the biggest player in the market ("Say, under non-disclosure......
most importantly, as noted by by reply to  mstone... the 'portability' is managed and controlled by the patient, not by apple, not by Cerner/Epic/ or worse, Insurance companies, and not by the doctor's office.
1) the fact you have an MRI clinical note, and a overview JPEG (not diagnostic quality, just a reference and a checksum to make sure you request the right one, and the exact address to make that request.  It took me 3 tries to get my MRI (just the clinical note) released to my new ENT.   That's stupid. Anecdote #2.   Within multi-specialty clinics, Radiologists often don't allow surgeon's to see the 'real' MRI without them in the room, as they feel a surgeon are not...
Temp, HR, and Blood pressure are slam dunks for a wrist (or earbud) based sensor system.  The latter two are important for longitudinal health monitoring, and the latter is something that most 'sports monitors' don't collect. The question will beBlood Glucose [for 'casual monitoring this may work... (http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/productsandmedicalprocedures/deviceapprovalsandclearances/recently-approveddevices/ucm083294.htm)but it's probably an expensive...
[right forum for this topic?]  I worked for at least 3 of the 'logos' on the screen (and one named).   What HealthKit does is less about Health Professionals, and more about Health Consumers.   I spent 7 years trying to get consumer health data collection to work with our EHR.   In today's world... it's not EPIC that is the problem... it's the 'P' in HIPAA.   Every Clinic has their own Epic... none of them talk to each other. I need a PORTABLE health record.  Or 100percent...
fingerprint is probably the only one that would not be a health sensor. Proximity is important (to eliminate false positives... Loss of signal, sudden 2 foot drop... is he dead/ he fainting, or is he stripping down for a shower and tossing things in his bag...  oh right, it's farther than 1" away from a warm blooded object (until the dog starts chewing on them)?) gyro/accelerometer are motion/effort detection [crude... but it's the pedometer mph calculator] light sensor......