or Connect

Posts by TheOtherGeoff

I'm thinking the same... IF this is a true rumor pic.   Not only lighter, but narrower... which also increases the 'mechanical advantage' (center of mass is 'closer' to the edges, therefore requiring less force to keep it from 'pivoting' (Lever physics).   So, lighter or smaller dimensions will make it easier to hold... And, if they add frictional grippiness, even less 'squeeze' will be necessary.   Assuming the glass is remains the same weight per mm^2, trimming a couple...
OTOH, the assembly lines, test jigs, and skillset training are totally paid for, and the profit actually increases.  it balances out.   The 4s form factor can be effectively internally upgraded with components 'upstream' (a new processor, new memory etc), may temporarly increase the cost of a component supplier or subcomponent on the apple assembly line, but the footprint costs of final assembly and testing remain at zero, with only the component cost and the labor costs...
because it's a tiered system.  Banks get Visa/Mastercard to front these short term credit instruments, and the cards organizations don't want to connect to millions of storefronts, in different risk strata, different countries, different banking rules, different consumer protection rules.  Note that the credit card is not owned by VISA/MC/AMEX... or you... it's owned by a Bank!  So you have Bank.  CC.  Merchant network (Card Payment system). Merchant.   Buyer.      But......
So, bottom line.  I've said the main article's hypothesis for years.   The battle that Apple is fighting is becoming the payment system for the upper quartile of the global consumer population... which accounts for most of the world's wealth.   If you can eliminate plastic in your wallet for a single set of accounts that are all paid for by your AppleID registered CC, insured that only your phone and password, along  your fingerprints/voiceprint, and all those...
  Smart enough glasses will tune and digitally refract to your eyes;-)  the iDoctor App ;-) ;-) ;-)
a couple of years after MS's offering, Apple will come in and 'invent' the wearable computing market.  Introducing the 'iGlass'     Apple announces they forked off a new version of OSX ... myOS, and it's UI totally controlled by monitoring neural commands by monitoring the bloodflow brainwaves of the temporal region, using technologies they developed from their Authentec purchase.   Liquid Metal is used to manufacture the computer into the frames and temples of the...
I think the precedent here is that Apple sells at many price points, but all provide the core service.   What's the difference than a 4/4s/5   good/better/best?   All have retina, all can run all (mostly) iOS apps.   All have facetime.   All have gyros/accelerometers, all support 3.5(4)G, and WiFi.   I think the precedent is covered.   What France Telecom is complaining about is the fact that France Telecom is getting caught in the vise of providing more bandwidth for...
I'll buy your stock
I've always been an advocate that engorged human genitalia displayed is the line of 'adult' themes. mammaries and buttocks are okay, especially when there is no touching by someone else. 1st amendment/libertarian/anti-victorian/The-book-of-genesis-was-written-by-a-small-dicked-guys-wife-hiding_her_shame.
not exactly.  It was less about the 'different OS' and more about the 'same OS' (not loaded with vendor specific helper apps and crapware)   Apple realized that desktops and laptops and 'pro systems'  in the typical bestbuy store were in different parts of the store.  Apple realized that the person who buys an Apple device was committed to an apple device the moment they lingered in front of one... the key sale experience was 'which one'  Showing 8 different computers...